The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy 2017 Portsmouth

Can't seem to find a thread for people starting the course this September, thought it would be good to get to know anyone applying or anyone who's been made offers 😁
Hiya,

I have applied to Portsmouth, I have my interview in March. Have you had an offer NvonBow?
Reply 2
Original post by enajaluap
Hiya,

I have applied to Portsmouth, I have my interview in March. Have you had an offer NvonBow?

Hi! Yes I finally heard back the other day, cannot wait! Good luck with your interview, what's your background?? Dental? A levels?
Original post by NvonBow
Hi! Yes I finally heard back the other day, cannot wait! Good luck with your interview, what's your background?? Dental? A levels?

Oh congratulations! Is it a conditional offer or unconditional?

I am a qualified dental nurse with 4 Scottish Highers (ABBC) but none in science and so I am currently doing an access course at college. I'm in my 30's so definitely classed as a mature student!!

How about you? What is your background? How long ago did you have your interview and (without giving too much away) can you give any hints regarding what to expect on interview day? I'm really nervous!!

Did you apply anywhere else?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 4
Oh congratulations! Is it a conditional offer or unconditional?

I am a qualified dental nurse with 4 Scottish Highers (ABBC) but none in science and so I am currently doing an access course at college. I'm in my 30's so definitely classed as a mature student!!

How about you? What is your background? How long ago did you have your interview and (without giving too much away) can you give any hints regarding what to expect on interview day? I'm really nervous!!

Did you apply anywhere else?

Cheers :smile:

Aw, I'm 30 too, I'll be 31 when I start in September!! 😱 I've been a dental nurse for 12 years and always wanted more but had my son at 22 so life went on hold for a while, I recently completed an access to nursing course which covered pure sciences which helped! My maths gcse wasn't good enough so I'm in the middle of redoing that which meant my offer was conditional on me gaining that. So it's full steam ahead with tutors etc!
I'm not going to say anything about the interview other than it's so lovely, really chilled, I wasn't really able to prepare as it's so hard to when you don't know what they'll ask! Look at the advice that they have online about it they tell you what you need to know :smile: will cross my fingers for you, be nice to not be the only old person! 😂
Reply 5
Oh and my interview was beginning of Jan, only other place I applied was QMUL but haven't heard from them yet. Portsmouth was by far my first choice.
It's great to hear that the interview was a nice experience for you. Good luck with your maths, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Is this your first time applying? I've heard from so many people that it took more than one attempt to get into uni. I have to say I would be totally gutted if I didn't get offered a place this year.

Great to hear that Portsmouth was your first choice, it is mine too. However, I would be delighted to go anywhere which offered me a place lol

Exciting times for you!!

xx
Reply 7
It's great to hear that the interview was a nice experience for you. Good luck with your maths, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Is this your first time applying? I've heard from so many people that it took more than one attempt to get into uni. I have to say I would be totally gutted if I didn't get offered a place this year.

Great to hear that Portsmouth was your first choice, it is mine too. However, I would be delighted to go anywhere which offered me a place lol

Exciting times for you!!

xx

Yes! First year applying! I think I got lucky as I've heard some take longer than one attempt. But I strongly believe if you're what they're looking for you'll have no trouble, I'm sure you'll do great and hey, you may even be offered more than one place! If you're successful at portsmouth let me know we'll have to swap numbers or something, be nice to know some of the people starting 👍🏼☺️
Good luck with all of them, just be yourself and stay as relaxed as you can 👌🏼
I got my offer today! Conditional on the results of my access course. So chuffed!! I will definitely be accepting, just have to knuckle down and get my results this year now! Have you spoken to anyone else with an offer yet? xx
Reply 9
I got my offer today! Conditional on the results of my access course. So chuffed!! I will definitely be accepting, just have to knuckle down and get my results this year now! Have you spoken to anyone else with an offer yet? xx

AMAZING!!!! Congratulations you must be soooo happy!! Crossing everything for your results (and mine!) not heard from anyone else yet?! Eeee cannot wait!! X
Add me on Facebook!! I'll Pm you x
Anyone else????
Reply 12
Hiya,

Hi I have an interview coming up in February. Is there anyway you can give me some tips on what happen at the interview. Is it one to one interview or there are different station. I am very nervous about his interview
Reply 13
Hiya,

Hi I have an interview coming up in February. Is there anyway you can give me some tips on what happen at the interview. Is it one to one interview or there are different station. I am very nervous about his interview
Reply 14
Original post by Nushi89

HEY!!!
I have an interview in March :biggrin:. So scared. I would love some tips too

xx
Reply 15
How long does it take to get response for acceptance after interview? Or rejection :wink:
Reply 16
Hi congrats.
I’ve also applied and heard back for an interview after 5 months.
Did they give you offer straight away on the day of after few days?
Reply 17
Hi , I am pan I had condittional offer for sep 2018 ,.did you reach your grade that they ask for ? Do you know are they flexible about it ? They ask 122 tarrif points for access .I will miss 1 or 2 point and I am worried 😢😭
Reply 18
Hi I am starting in September is this feed still active ?

Quick Reply

Latest