The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:tongue:
Original post by wolfmoon88
You are back :biggrin: how's school? :tongue:

School was fine, thank you for asking :smile: I wasted two hours waiting for my personal tutor, but THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE THING HAPPENED! :eek:

So, about two and a half years ago, I had this internet friend. I was already in the UK by then while she was in my hometown (Bucharest). We became good friends and she introduced me to another one of her good internet friends, who was from the same city and our age. I became friends with her friend too.

Today, I was waiting in front of my high school's secretariat so I could go in and get two papers I needed. There were two other girls there. An hour and a half passes. During this time, I did not see the girls as we were in different places, but now, we were waiting in front of the secretariat together.

I initiated a conversation and joked around, which is very unusual of me. We got along really well. I found out they are from the twelfth class H while I am in the twelfth class F (the number-th/st/nd/rd and a letter is the Romanian way of designating tutor groups); XII H and XII F, for short.

We got the things we needed from the secretariat. Then, we chatted a bit more and one of them (the more talkative one) asked me for my Facebook since I seem nice. The other girl pulls out her cellphone and gives it to me so I can type in my Facebook name. To my surprise, I am the first person to appear, which is shocking since I am very inactive.

The second girl takes her phone and tells me WE ARE ALREADY FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK. I ask how. Turns out, she was internet friend number 2, with whom I had not spoken since 26th October 2014!

We thought that was an amazing coincidence and hugged. It was awesome! :gah:

TL;DR: While waiting to get some papers from my high school's secretariat, I befriended two girls and found out one of them was my good internet friend from back in 2014. :teeth:
(edited 7 years ago)
You make me...:blush:
Original post by Dreamgirlxx
Yeah, you should see all the previous threads. Haha! xD :h:

This is only the beginning, we make it all the way up to 10,000! :tongue:

woah :afraid: I'll have to keep track of this forum then!
Original post by Michiyo
School was fine, thank you for asking :smile: I wasted two hours waiting for my personal tutor, but THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE THING HAPPENED! :eek:

So, about two and a half years ago, I had this internet friend. I was already in the UK by then while she was in my hometown (Bucharest). We became good friends and she introduced me to another one of her good internet friends, who was from the same city and our age. I became friends with her friend too.

Today, I was waiting in front of my high school's secretariat so I could go in and get two papers I needed. There were two other girls there. An hour and a half passes. During this time, I did not see the girls as we were in different places, but now, we were waiting in front of the secretariat together.

I initiated a conversation and joked around, which is very unusual of me. We got along really well. I found out they are from the twelfth class H while I am in the twelfth class F (the number-th/st/nd/rd and a letter is the Romanian way of designating tutor groups); XII H and XII F, for short.

We got the things we needed from the secretariat. Then, we chatted a bit more and one of them (the more talkative one) asked me for my Facebook since I seem nice. The other girl pulls out her cellphone and gives it to me so I can type in my Facebook name. To my surprise, I am the first person to appear, which is shocking since I am very inactive.

The second girl takes her phone and tells me WE ARE ALREADY FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK. I ask how. Turns out, she was internet friend number 2, with whom I had not spoken since 26th October 2014!

We thought that was an amazing coincidence and hugged. It was awesome! :gah:

TL;DR: While waiting to get some papers from my high school's secretariat, I befriended two girls and found out one of them was my good internet friend from back in 2014. :teeth:

Omgg! That actually sounds so cool! If that happened to me... woahh. Such a coincidence! xD :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Omgg! That actually sounds so cool! If that happened to me... woahh. Such a coincidence! xD :tongue:

I know, right? :gah: I never thought it would happen to me! Then again, given how I went to the same small British town college as the random internet stranger I met on TSR who goes by SassKing13, why am I surprised? :rofl:
Original post by Kiimii
woah :afraid: I'll have to keep track of this forum then!

Yep, just sit back and watch... It goes pretty quickly so don't be surprised! :biggrin: :tongue: xD
Yep, just sit back and watch... It goes pretty quickly so don't be surprised! :biggrin: :tongue: xD

I'm sure! It was 3714 when I first posted only 20 minutes ago

I should probably get some work done at some point though... :s-smilie:
Original post by Michiyo
I know, right? :gah: I never thought it would happen to me! Then again, given how I went to the same small British town college as the random internet stranger I met on TSR who goes by SassKing13, why am I surprised? :rofl:

Wow! The internet is such a small place, huh? xD :tongue:

Omg, yeah, you and sassking went to the same college too! Heard about that :smile: Haha!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kiimii
I'm sure! It was 3714 when I first posted only 20 minutes ago

I should probably get some work done at some point though... :s-smilie:

Yeah :smile:

Pretty addictive too so yeah run now while you still have the chance! :lol: :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow! The internet is such a small place, huh? xD :tongue:

Omg, yeah you and sassking went to the same college too! Heard about that :smile: Haha!

The entire WORLD is a small place! :laugh: Girl I befriended number 1 went to the same school as a friend I had when I attended my English course at a local foundation and another friend from the same course is friends with half my classmates, even though they never went to the same school :rofl:

Yep. I am honestly expecting everyone I meet to be connected to me or the people I know somehow at this point. :awesome:
Original post by Michiyo
The entire WORLD is a small place! :laugh: Girl I befriended number 1 went to the same school as a friend I had when I attended my English course at a local foundation and another friend from the same course is friends with half my classmates, even though they never went to the same school :rofl:

Yep. I am honestly expecting everyone I meet to be connected to me or the people I know somehow at this point. :awesome:

True dat! :tongue:

That's so weird... wow.

It is just crazy tbh! :tongue: xD
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Yep :smile: Thanks Shadow, for everything :colondollar:

oooh!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Basically an outline of my proposal/final year project, with detail on research I've done, and what I'll be working on, if that makes sense? :tongue:
Original post by shadowdweller
Basically an outline of my proposal/final year project, with detail on research I've done, and what I'll be working on, if that makes sense? :tongue:

Do you know what it'll be on yet? :smile: Sounds awesome!
True dat! :tongue:

That's so weird... wow.

It is just crazy tbh! :tongue: xD

Oh, it gets crazier. My former high school counsellor was my mother's classmate, my childhood best friend ended up being classmates with two internet friends I met on a drawing site, the girl I met girl number 2 through went to the same school as a friend I had back when I was 12, and not one, but TWO of my former high school classmates are friends with the girl I was friends with when I was 12. Everyone is interconnected, whether we know it or not :yep:

The worst part? I live in a city with about 2 million people. How on Earth do they all know each other?!
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you love me the same way I love you? :cry2:
Yeah :smile:

Pretty addictive too so yeah run now while you still have the chance! :lol: :tongue:

I think its too late now, I've accepted that I'm stuck here until we reach 10000 posts D:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Do you know what it'll be on yet? :smile: Sounds awesome!

I'm looking at automating medical records in hospitals, though don't have the fine details ironed out yet! :tongue:

Anything nice planned now you're free from the EPQ work? :tongue:
Original post by Michiyo
Oh, it gets crazier. My former high school counsellor was my mother's classmate, my childhood best friend ended up being classmates with two internet friends I met on a drawing site, the girl I met girl number 2 through went to the same school as a friend I had back when I was 12, and not one, but TWO of my former high school classmates are friends with the girl I was friends with when I was 12. Everyone is interconnected, whether we know it or not :yep:

The worst part? I live in a city with about 2 million people. How on Earth do they all know each other?!

Oh my! What? That is just unbelievable! :tongue:

I doubt that I have spoken to anyone in reality from TSR. Might of seen someone but just never knew who they were... Hmmm :tongue: :smile:
[video="youtube;8hC3H-wv7SU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hC3H-wv7SU[/video]

Latest