The Student Room Group

Are high maintenance girls worth it?

10/10 hotness, likes same activities as me but....

nothing else in common, polar opposites, had loads of exes who lasted no longer than 2 months each, jealousy showing within first month of dating, controlling behavior starting to come out, not allowed to talk to certain friends, shunned for talking to others- stalking my fb account, no kisses at the end of texts.

How long would you give this relationship of you were single and desperate for sex, been over a year and started dating this one in December....Still not sure about it and haven't announced the relationship. She has though. But with the amount of bf's she has had and how her friends talk about her.....

Also it is near valentines day and she likes to be fussed over.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stick to friends with benefit or just let her go tbh... If you say you are complete opposites then why bother getting into a relationship with her?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
no kisses at the end of texts.

criminal.

I suggest you immediately dump her :h:
Original post by UWS
Stick to friends with benefit or just let her go tbh... If you say you are complete opposites then why bother getting into a relationship with her?

Opposites attract, amirite? :wink:

(Don't ask me - I am the most inexperienced guy here. Well, amongst all the other TSR lads, I feel right at home :biggrin:)
Reply 4
Original post by BrainyBengali
Opposites attract, amirite? :wink:

(Don't ask me - I am the most inexperienced guy here. Well, amongst all the other TSR lads, I feel right at home :biggrin:)

If that were the case, I'd be surrounded with girls.
Do not do it.
Original post by Anonymous
Also it is near valentines day and she likes to be fussed over.

You're not thinking of dumping her a few days before Valentines day and then getting back together a few days after are you, to avoid having to shell out for a present?
Original post by UWS
If that were the case, I'd be surrounded with girls.

:rofl: Same here - Only problem is that while the loud, brass, confident guys may be the ones that get noticed, the reserved, quiet guys go along being 'nice' and friendly, but never considered a typical example of 'boyfriend' material :giggle:

Can't blame them, but the system's broken. Can't be fixed - only short-term solution is for us to get a bit more bad-ass :headbang:
Nah, you're right, we'll probably die alone, with our politeness and manners taken for granted :hat2:

I'm not entirely sure I would want to meet my polar opposite tbh anyways :handkiss: - how much worse than me can you get?
Keep her as a **** buddy at best. Going into a relationship with her just sounds bad;
continue with it until she lets you stick it up the wrong'un then get rid
Nah you can get the same tangible benefits without shelling out a tonne of money on someone tbh.
Reply 11
Plenty of other girls out there, why suffer through this one
Original post by Reality Check
You're not thinking of dumping her a few days before Valentines day and then getting back together a few days after are you, to avoid having to shell out for a present?

Lol are men really that cheap,Christ. A box of chocolates won't cost you your life
Original post by queen-bee
Lol are men really that cheap,Christ. A box of chocolates won't cost you your life

Having said that, a box of chocolates probably wouldn't go down very well? Bit of a bland gift that requires no thought
Original post by hezzlington
Having said that, a box of chocolates probably wouldn't go down very well? Bit of a bland gift that requires no thought

No add a rose and a nice bottle of bubbly :wink: oh and also get some rose petals and scatter them everywhere on her bed and the stairs and run her a nice hot bubble bath. Then,cook her a nice meal. That should do it
Reply 15
Original post by queen-bee
No add a rose and a nice bottle of bubbly :wink: oh and also get some rose petals and scatter them everywhere on her bed and the stairs and run her a nice hot bubble bath. Then,cook her a nice meal. That should do it

She better be a true fallen angel for that treatment.
If you've been with her for a while then http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/givenchy-antigona-small-leather-tote_129-3000831-BB05102014610/?previewAttribute=Black If you can afford it :smile: If not maybe get Anastasia Beverly hills makeup.
Original post by BrainyBengali
:rofl: Same here - Only problem is that while the loud, brass, confident guys may be the ones that get noticed, the reserved, quiet guys go along being 'nice' and friendly, but never considered a typical example of 'boyfriend' material :giggle:

Can't blame them, but the system's broken. Can't be fixed - only short-term solution is for us to get a bit more bad-ass :headbang:
Nah, you're right, we'll probably die alone, with our politeness and manners taken for granted :hat2:

I'm not entirely sure I would want to meet my polar opposite tbh anyways :handkiss: - how much worse than me can you get?

Do you really think it is any different for girls?

It isn't.
Original post by Fadel
She better be a true fallen angel for that treatment.

Hahahah wouldn't you do that for your girl?
It's not her high-maintenance behaviour that is the glaring issue here. Rather, her obvious insecurity, lack of similar values and controllingness are what sounds toxic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending