The Student Room Group

Trump-Australia Feud Harms Unique Relationship

Scroll to see replies

Wait,I wanted to clarify,is rhis only about Muslims because we have Christian minorities an do ther religiously minorities facing/escaping persecution,are we also likely to be terrorist somebody. Or are you just referring to Muslim Arabs
Original post by Good bloke
Well, yes of course they are. Just as everyone else is a potential terrorist. Someone, somewhere is a tiny baby who will, one day, turn into a murder. Not all refugees are actual terrorists, though nobody said they were.

Collectively, that is a possibility. The fact is these are countries that are stuck in mediaeval times, as far as moral development is concerned; have not developed their societies beyond superstitious behaviour control; have authoritarian or religious governments (or political chaos); that don't have democracy; that persecute people for indulging in private in the wrong kind of sexual relations; that suppress and abuse women and that have a record of carrying random violence outside their borders. The people wanted or allowed this to happen. There are others that should be candidates for similar treatment.

Kuwait has apparently imposed a similar ban to the one promulgated by Trump.

I always knew you were a white supremacist In the making
Original post by Dodgypirate

She thinks she's being witty :lol:
Original post by queen-bee
I always knew you were a white supremacist In the making

What does race have to do with this?
Original post by Willy Pete
Trump seems to have a knack for pissing people off.

The next four years should be made into a sitcom :rofl:
I wonder who's next. south Korea probably.

Also what's wrong with people from Guatemala and Honduras? Last time I checked there weren't any Islamists from there so how come they're the next Boston bombers?. Am I missing something?
(edited 7 years ago)
Sure, not all of them are, but one terrorist among a couple thousand refugees is still one terrorist threatening the lives of innocent civilians in the US.

We simply can't blindly take in refugees from these parts of the world because it has been proven in the recent past that ISIS is using the refugee crisis to smuggle attackers - e.g PARIS.

Why are you struggling to understand this concept?

Sure not all of the drivers are bad drivers who're going to kill people, but one dangerous driver among couple of thousand is still one dangerous driver threatening lives of innocent civilians.

We simply can't blindly allow people to drive because it has been proven that drivers are obviously irresponsible - eg. Glasgow lorry crash.

Obvious solution is to temporarily ban all drivers until we figure out how to eliminate 100% of traffic deaths. Yes?
Original post by StrawbAri
Also what's wrong with people from Guatemala and Honduras? Last time I checked they weren't any Islamists from there so how come they're the next Boston bombers?. Am I missing something?

The U.S. agreed to resettle (i.e. take in) 1200 asylum seekers held on detention centres on Islands off Australia, in return for Australia agreeing to resettle refugees from the countries you mentioned.
The next four years should be made into a sitcom :rofl:
I wonder who's next. south Korea probably.

Also what's wrong with people from Guatemala and Honduras? Last time I checked they weren't any Islamists from there so how come they're the next Boston bombers?. Am I missing something?

Don't need a sitcom when you have the news.

I believe they fit into the category of "bad hombres".

Also what's wrong with people from Guatemala and Honduras?

Drugs.

Dual post, sorry.

Everything.

Spoiler

Original post by Zargabaath
Don't need to get my hopes up, it's confirmed. 49% of the American public agree with Trump's ban, the same likely applies over here :smile:

Not really. According to a recent YouGov poll, almost half (49%) would be appalled or disappointed compared to just over a quarter (27%) who would be delighted or pleased with a similar ban in the U.K.
She thinks she's being witty :lol:

Oh that one of my many characteristics :heart:
If people want to debate the merits of taking in refugees in general please do so on another thread; that is not the primary focus of this thread.

Much appreciated.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Not really. According to a recent YouGov poll, almost half (49%) would be appalled or disappointed compared to just over a quarter (27%) who would be delighted or pleased with a similar ban in the U.K.

Interesting. Anyway,let them get over excited about something unlikely
Original post by swanderfeild
Sure not all of the drivers are bad drivers who're going to kill people, but one dangerous driver among couple of thousand is still one dangerous driver threatening lives of innocent civilians.

We simply can't blindly allow people to drive because it has been proven that drivers are obviously irresponsible - eg. Glasgow lorry crash.

Obvious solution is to temporarily ban all drivers until we figure out how to eliminate 100% of traffic deaths. Yes?

Em... ok...
Oh that one of my many characteristics :heart:

I assume the rest are fictitious too :lol:
Everything.

Spoiler

Self pity? You've yet to answer the question about Christians seeking asylum

Why should I answer any of your questions?
Why should I answer any of your questions?

I assume the rest are fictitious too :lol:

Can you guys make a group chat on Skype and sort out your differences there, instead of on this thread?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending