The Student Room Group

Uni applicant days

Heyy
To anyone who's been to or is planning on going to an applicant day, who are you brining with you? I don't want to show up with a full on entourage only to find that everyone else has rocked up solo..
Original post by Kiimii
Heyy
To anyone who's been to or is planning on going to an applicant day, who are you brining with you? I don't want to show up with a full on entourage only to find that everyone else has rocked up solo..

At open days I've seen parents around, I think a full entourage... not sure how many that is but more than 2 or 3 people per applicant may seem a tad strange but who cares, peoplemkl be nervous and focused on not getting lost and stuff :lol:
I only went with my Mother during mine, and there was a separate tour for parents/guests. Most people had either one person with them, or came by themselves.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
At open days I've seen parents around, I think a full entourage... not sure how many that is but more than 2 or 3 people per applicant may seem a tad strange but who cares, peoplemkl be nervous and focused on not getting lost and stuff :lol:

I should probably leave the extended family at home then :frown:

Thanks!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by squirrology
I only went with my Mother during mine, and there was a separate tour for parents/guests. Most people had either one person with them, or came by themselves.

I think I'll just bring my mum too, I'd be too scared on my own haha

:smile:
Original post by Kiimii
I should probably leave the extended family at home then :frown:

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Ring each university concerned to ask how long things will last and whether there's anything that your family can do/will be invited to. Some universities run campus tours or similar for family, others will send them off to explore the campus or city on their own.

If you're at a day that might last a few hours then don't be afraid to take more than just your mum - she can drop you off and wait with you and then go off and explore the local area with the rest of your family while you meet the staff/students.
Reply 6
Mums love to see the accommodation...:colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Ring each university concerned to ask how long things will last and whether there's anything that your family can do/will be invited to. Some universities run campus tours or similar for family, others will send them off to explore the campus or city on their own.

If you're at a day that might last a few hours then don't be afraid to take more than just your mum - she can drop you off and wait with you and then go off and explore the local area with the rest of your family while you meet the staff/students.

that sounds like a good idea! thanks!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending