The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Lizzie, I'm applying this year for the 6yr foundation programme with relatively modest GCSE and strong AS's and A level predictions. I just wanted to ask how you find the PBL style teaching at UEA as I heard there is quite a strong focus on it. Also, is there any extra support if you feel like youre struggling with your studies? Thank you!
I'm really hoping for an interview from UEA soon; it looks like an amazing university.
Original post by FrustratedHorse
Hi Lizzie, I'm applying this year for the 6yr foundation programme with relatively modest GCSE and strong AS's and A level predictions. I just wanted to ask how you find the PBL style teaching at UEA as I heard there is quite a strong focus on it. Also, is there any extra support if you feel like youre struggling with your studies? Thank you!
I'm really hoping for an interview from UEA soon; it looks like an amazing university.

Hey! I got in with ABBb as my A levels and that seems to be the normal on the course. PBL is really fun. At first it can be quite daunting but it's good being independent in your learning. I've gained some really good organisational and revision skills.

There's tonnes of support. You have your personal adviser, the senior adviser team and there's the student support service where you can go if you're struggling. They provide loads of support. Whether you need financial advice, or pastoral and they also run tutoring sessions if you're struggling with maths skills or something. The uni's really supportive.
has anyone heard anything yet for the a104?
Hi guys,

I am also a foundation medic at UEA this year, any questions just hit me up as well as Lizzie, we are both happy to answer!

Yannis :smile:
Original post by Yannis_1998
Hi guys,

I am also a foundation medic at UEA this year, any questions just hit me up as well as Lizzie, we are both happy to answer!

Yannis :smile:

hi when are we supposed to hear if invited for interview?
Original post by gregorius1123

Apparently the end of February/March time
Original post by gregorius1123

Hi, not sure on the exact date but, we were given a very short notice before the interview. It was around mid February - March time. My interview invitation was given around mid feb which took place on the 1st of March. There are still interviews going on for the A100 cohort as I walked by yesterday so be patient and Good luck ! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

Has anyone else who applied for the A104 heard back yet?
I got an interview for the 23rd Feb at 11:45
Original post by Chopra99
Hi,

I received one today for 23rd Feb at 14:55!!!
Hi,

whats ur ukcat??
Original post by linaaa1123
whats ur ukcat??

590 Band 4
Do east anglia look at ukcat for foundation medicine?
Hi, can i ask any current sundents on the foundation year a question. As far as im aware the maths, biology and chemistry is taught through lectures, seminares and practicals in chemistry upto A-level standard? Also in the first year is there an opportunity to shadow clinicians along side the PBL? Thanks
Original post by dave_t123
Hi, can i ask any current sundents on the foundation year a question. As far as im aware the maths, biology and chemistry is taught through lectures, seminares and practicals in chemistry upto A-level standard? Also in the first year is there an opportunity to shadow clinicians along side the PBL? Thanks

We have finished semester one which included the maths biology and chemistry. Chemistry was basic AS and GCSE while Biology was quite different. So it did include AS knowledge along with some new topics. Maths was higher end gcse going all the way to AS but it was not to difficult as 50% was coursework. However, in semester 2 there is no chemistry and maths, it's just med and further bio. But the biology is at A2-level. Along side PBL, we also do get training and shifts in semester 2 as healthcare assistants and we also do get clinical exposure which I find amazing for a foundation year. Hope that helped you in some sort of ways :P
Do east anglia look at ukcat for foundation medicine?

Not heavily, there are people in my course who got fairly low ukcat score but that didnt stop them from getting an interview and an offer at the end!
(edited 7 years ago)
do they only send invites once a week??
Original post by linaaa1123
do they only send invites once a week??

have you got an interview yet ?
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if the A104 course accepts students that have retook parts of there A levels in their gap year ie. I'm retaking some of A2 Biology and am curious if UEA accept module retakes for foundation medicine?!
All the best with your applications

Peace!

NK
Original post by NK18444
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if the A104 course accepts students that have retook parts of there A levels in their gap year ie. I'm retaking some of A2 Biology and am curious if UEA accept module retakes for foundation medicine?!
All the best with your applications

Peace!

NK

have you got an interview yet ?
Hi could someone please tell me if they send out interview 2wice a week or not?

Latest

Trending

Trending