The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doooo
Mine's 15:25, Panel A. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm on Panel A too!!!
15th Feb, 1:55 pm.
Original post by Doooo
Just a short question, but to the people who already have had interviews, did they ask you about your personal statement much?

No one will answer that. Don't forget we are all in competition with each other.
Original post by mithi98
Which panel were you on?

I was on a panel G, on the 24th day. How about you?
Reply 1143
Original post by nyka-niliūnas
I was on a panel G, on the 24th day. How about you?

Is 24th Feb the last day of interviews?
anyone else have an interview in the morning on the 15th of feb? is this the last day of interview ?
Reply 1145
Original post by gregorius1123
anyone else have an interview in the morning on the 15th of feb? is this the last day of interview ?

Yup I do, you?
Original post by Akz18
Is 24th Feb the last day of interviews?

I don't know, mine was on January 24th :smile:
Original post by Akz18
Yup I do, you?

same !
Are people on certain panels favoured more?

And if I was interviewed on the second day of interviews (25/01/17) does this mean im a stronger applicant or that I'm mote likely to get an offer?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by c10112
10:50 I think?

I've got one on the 8th too, at 14:20!
Original post by roastedcrumbs

And if I was interviewed on the second day of interviews (25/01/17) does this mean im a stronger applicant or that I'm mote likely to get an offer?

I don't think having an earlier interview equates to being a stronger applicant

hmm i was originally invited for the 24th but i asked to be rescheduled and they gave me the 15th so i dont think it would mean that i went from being a strong applicant to a weaker one because i needed a different date :s-smilie:
Original post by gregorius1123
hmm i was originally invited for the 24th but i asked to be rescheduled and they gave me the 15th so i dont think it would mean that i went from being a strong applicant to a weaker one because i needed a different date :s-smilie:

Haha mind if I ask you your stats? Then we'll know!

No, and no
Reply 1154
Any international applicants who have had interviews? What were your interview dates? Or if you haven't had one yet when's yours? Mine is the 25th of Feb in Singapore :smile:
Kind of starting to stress out at these London tube strikes that may happen! I don't know London, and getting the tube is the only way I know to get to Whitechapel. I looked at the bus services on google maps, but seeing as if these strikes do go ahead the traffic on the roads will be insane so I don't feel comfortable about using buses either. Does anyone, who knows London, have any idea of a better way to get to Whitechapel or just tell me a little bit more about what buses to take from London Victoria to Whitechapel? :smile: Would thoroughly appreciate it! BTW, I get to Victoria Coach station at 6:15 (will probs be later due to traffic) and my interview is at 9:25.
Original post by juliethecool
Kind of starting to stress out at these London tube strikes that may happen! I don't know London, and getting the tube is the only way I know to get to Whitechapel. I looked at the bus services on google maps, but seeing as if these strikes do go ahead the traffic on the roads will be insane so I don't feel comfortable about using buses either. Does anyone, who knows London, have any idea of a better way to get to Whitechapel or just tell me a little bit more about what buses to take from London Victoria to Whitechapel? :smile: Would thoroughly appreciate it! BTW, I get to Victoria Coach station at 6:15 (will probs be later due to traffic) and my interview is at 9:25.

You could try the overground as whitechapel is also an overground station, but do bear in mind that it can be very busy due to the strike. Buses are actually more reliable than you'd think! Considering the time you will be arriving, I don't think the road would be very busy at all. Taxi might be a good choice as well if that's within your budget. Whatever means of commuting you are planning to take, I suggest you try to make your way to whitechapel as soon as you arrive to avoid busy roads and trains. Once you are at whitechapel you could grab a quick breakfast and some coffee while clearing up your mind if there's time! Best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yanzzz123
You could try the overground as whitechapel is also an overground station, but do bear in mind that it can be very busy due to the strike. Buses are actually more reliable than you'd think! Considering the time you will be arriving, I don't think the road would be very busy at all. Taxi might be a good choice as well if that's within your budget. Whatever means of commuting you are planning to take, I suggest you try to make your way to whitechapel as soon as you arrive to avoid busy roads and trains. Once you are at whitechapel you could grab a quick breakfast and some coffee while clearing up your mind if there's time! Best of luck!

Thank you very very much! I will try and get to Whitechapel as soon as possible. Best of luck to you too! :biggrin:
Anyone got an offer after the interview yet??
Original post by juliethecool
Thank you very very much! I will try and get to Whitechapel as soon as possible. Best of luck to you too! :biggrin:

yeah just try not to worry, the tube strike may not go ahead and also if you go on TfL's website they've issued a tube map and the area surrounding whitechapel isn't as affected much as zone 1. I'm going to ring TfL and ask them what advice they offer etc but I'm sure Bart's will be aware of this too so maybe someone should ring them and see what they say? Idk. I'm worried myself but hopefully it's called off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending