The Student Room Group

Modules and Accommodation

I have applied to Uni of Nottingham, Bristol, Birmingham,Southampton and Surrey for mechanical engineering and have already got a conditional offer from Bristol. I have heard that Southampton has a course which focuses a bit more on Aerospace related topics . So could someone please tell me which of these 5 unis have better modules, keeping in mind that I am aiming to work in the aviation industry even after getting a degree in Mech. Engg. Also, since I am an international student, could you tell me which of these unis has better accommodation facilities? I have heard that accommodation in Bristol is a bit difficult since its spread out over the city. Is it a big problem for students? And since I already got an offer from Bristol, is their degree really worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by mufcfan99
I have applied to Uni of Nottingham, Bristol, Birmingham,Southampton and Surrey for mechanical engineering and have already got a conditional offer from Bristol. I have heard that Southampton has a course which focuses a bit more on Aerospace related topics . So could someone please tell me which of these 5 unis have better modules, keeping in mind that I am aiming to work in the aviation industry even after getting a degree in Mech. Engg. Also, since I am an international student, could you tell me which of these unis has better accommodation facilities? I have heard that accommodation in Bristol is a bit difficult since its spread out over the city. Is it a big problem for students? And since I already got an offer from Bristol, is their degree really worth it?

Have you not visited? You will be spending 4+ years at these universities, and, especially as an international, paying a lot of money to do so. A small part of your investment should be visiting them...

Most Bristol accommodation is really not far from the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Have you not visited? You will be spending 4+ years at these universities, and, especially as an international, paying a lot of money to do so. A small part of your investment should be visiting them...

Most Bristol accommodation is really not far from the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah. Won't be able to visit unfortunately. Thank you for the reply :smile:
Looking at the modules of both Bristol's and Soton's courses there's not a whole lot of difference and surprisingly neither of them offer any aero oriented modules. Surrey doesn't have aeronautical modules but they do have space modules. Notts has aerodynamics and aero propulsion, which I'd say are the main ones to look for, however they're not until 4th year.

Quick Reply

Latest