The Student Room Group

BIMM London 2017 September

I wanted to start a discussion with people that have applied to BIMM in London and have recieved offers and even those that haven't had their audition yet and want to start a discussion! mainly because most of the BIMM forums i've seen are for Brighton and im going to the one in London.

So yeah :smile: let me know what courses you've applied for and a little about yourself along with how music started for you! also about accomodation if your commuting or going to look for a place because i think this will be useful anyone that is going to be looking for a place for the next upcoming months and need roomates such as myself!

Looking forward to response
- Kadi
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kadi_x
I wanted to start a discussion with people that have applied to BIMM in London and have recieved offers and even those that haven't had their audition yet and want to start a discussion! mainly because most of the BIMM forums i've seen are for Brighton and im going to the one in London.

So yeah :smile: let me know what courses you've applied for and a little about yourself along with how music started for you! also about accomodation if your commuting or going to look for a place because i think this will be useful anyone that is going to be looking for a place for the next upcoming months and need roomates such as myself!

Looking forward to response
- Kadi

Hey Kadi,

I've received an offer to start BIMM London in October, good to see someone post about BIMM London 😁 I am in fact trying to find accommodation at the moment :smile:
Reply 2
Heyyy Kieran :smile:

congratulations on your offer! what course did you apply for? and yeah it is definetly none of these BIMM forums have london involved which is dissapointing really but oh well i fixed that haha :smile:

Same BIMM London will be sending an invitation email to those that have recieved offers to the accommodation group for 17/18 on Facebook around early february so hopefully that will help a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by kadi_x
Heyyy Kieran :smile:

congratulations on your offer! what course did you apply for? and yeah it is definetly none of these BIMM forums have london involved which is dissapointing really but oh well i fixed that haha :smile:

Same BIMM London will be sending an invitation email to those that have recieved offers to the accommodation group for 17/18 on Facebook around early february so hopefully that will help a lot :smile:

I'm applying for The Music Production degree :smile: how about you???

And yes I was at a presentation where they said there was going to be student halls in Tooting Bec I believe, and they're sending us stuff on Facebook??

It's just so expensive in London, I've had a look online and the resident halls aren't too bad, but I'' really looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 4
ooo cools :smile: i applied for songwriting :smile:

yeahh im thinking about a studio flat because i had a look at the finding digs website but im not entirely sure yet if i can find somewhere cheaper and nearer to BIMM then that would be good because tooting is an hour away and where i currently live im an hour away by train so it makes no sense moving down there and yeah there going to send us an invitation to a facebook group to start accomodtion search so that should be good

ikr its unbelievable! same im sooo excited can't wait to start tbh
Reply 5
Ooooohhh that's really nice, I wanted to do songwriting as well, it'd be such a great skill to learn :smile:

And yeah it would be nice to find somewhere closer to BIMM.

I'm looking at an en suite room as it's just that little bit cheaper and I'm really worried about the finances 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
yeah :smile: im sure you'll be able to pick that up too though because they have like 30min sessions where you can learn a different skill such as an instrument or songwriting or vocals so that would go a long way if your looking to develop your songwriting skills too xD

yeahh an ensuite room would be good... i doubt i'll be able to find a reasonable price for a studio flat unless i was really lucky which is near to impossible right now lol so ensuite would be my next option and nothing less than that

same but try not to think about it too much, focus on sorting out the application for student finances in february when it comes to it because only then you'll be able to judge how much you will be entitled too and how it's all going to work out.

do you work?
Reply 7
Yeah, I was always gonna take the songwriting 30 minute sessions, they also have a confidence building course which would be really useful :biggrin:

And yeah I'm not too worried, it's just the main cause for concern but I'm pretty laid back anyway so I'm not worrying major about it.

Yeah I wouldn't go any less than an ensuite either. Especially not for the first year as I won't know anyone. Plus it's such a small space to be sharing with someone too.

And I don't work currently, but in London there should be so many places hiring, where I live now is kind of deserted so there's not a lot of work going around, I've had a few temp jobs but that's about it. How about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
ohh really i haven't heard of the confidence building course, i might try that hopefully it helps :smile:

ahh okay good :smile:

yeah i dont want to live with too many people because i like my space and it can get a bit overwhelming and yeah exactly so for me its like maximum 4 people including myself

ahhh okay it shouldnt bee as difficult to get a job then seeing as you've had temp jobs :smile: i currently work part time
Reply 9
Yeah they said about it at a presentation I went to, and yeah I like my own space too, although at the same time experiencing uni with room mates would be really cool too. Just the idea of moving to London really excites me in general. :smile:

I'll definitely need a job as I am gonna spend so much money in London, especially with the amount of shops 😂
Heeey,I'm applying for professional music performance:vocal course,they already watched my portfolio :2 covers,and 1 vocal techniques and I passed.Now they are asking me to do sight reading and theory tests and I don't know theory,what should I do?Should I contact them and tell this or what?I am really scared:biggrin: (also I did vocal techniques video without any knowledge of music theory , I searched info online and did it,but sight reading is online with them so I am really concerned)
Hi I'm also applying for Music production at BIMM London for this October. I was looking at accommodation at CRM students for my first year, I hadn't heard BIMM will be opening their own accommodation!! I have an interview for BIMM in February. Do you know what the sort of things I'll get asked in a music production interview?

What other unis have you guys applied to and what offer did you get from BIMM?
Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by Kierxn
Yeah they said about it at a presentation I went to, and yeah I like my own space too, although at the same time experiencing uni with room mates would be really cool too. Just the idea of moving to London really excites me in general. :smile:

I'll definitely need a job as I am gonna spend so much money in London, especially with the amount of shops 😂

yeah having roomates will be fun and exciting :smile: same im in London nearly all the time so it'll be nice to finally live in central london and be able to get around quicker!
Reply 13
Original post by Auksiukia
Heeey,I'm applying for professional music performance:vocal course,they already watched my portfolio :2 covers,and 1 vocal techniques and I passed.Now they are asking me to do sight reading and theory tests and I don't know theory,what should I do?Should I contact them and tell this or what?I am really scared:biggrin: (also I did vocal techniques video without any knowledge of music theory , I searched info online and did it,but sight reading is online with them so I am really concerned)

Hey @auksiukia when is your theory test with them? the best option is to go on youtube and look this up, there are many tutorial and help videos to guide you and prepare you for the rest! however if you pass it for future references i advise you to get Auralia and Musition. It is a cloud software that teaches online theory and i have to say its the best way to grasp music theory! try the free trial and see how it goes
here is the link - https://www.risingsoftware.com/support/downloads/
get in as much practice as you can and give it a go
Reply 14
Original post by georginah2
Hi I'm also applying for Music production at BIMM London for this October. I was looking at accommodation at CRM students for my first year, I hadn't heard BIMM will be opening their own accommodation!! I have an interview for BIMM in February. Do you know what the sort of things I'll get asked in a music production interview?

What other unis have you guys applied to and what offer did you get from BIMM?
Thanks

Hey georgina :smile: thats really cool, sadly i dont know the audition process for Music Production, i think Kieran will be able to help im not sure if he's done the audition yet or not.

As far as im concerned BIMM has mentioned opening their accomodation and i really think thats something they need to start thinking about however they have given a lot of options to finding a place. Find Digs is a good one - http://www.finddigs.co.uk/

I applied for BIMM, ACM and ICMP
i have a conditional offer for BIMM and ICMP and i have my ACM audition in February
Reply 15
Hi Guys!,

I'm 19 and i'm about to send my UCAS off to apply for the music production degree in London for this year so fingers crossed.

Ive only recently decided to apply and don't know much about this potential new BIMM accomodation? is that going to be finished by october?

If not, i've been looking at accomodation, and whitechapel is where im looking at. Its the other side of the city, and its a 35m journey on the tube to Fulham broadway, where BIMM is, with no changes and thats quite a quick journey. Majority are house and flat shares but its cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

hope this helps

Henry
Reply 16
Hey Henry,
that was a mistake guys BIMM doesn't have an potential new accommodation i was mean to say that i am not aware of any new accommodation for BIMM but i really feel that they should start thinking about that though.

I've been trying to look for accommodation everywhere but haven't come across whitechapel so i'll have a look at that area, i only want to be around roughly 30 mins away from the university at least. thanks for that information!
Hey everyone, I've applied to their vocals course but I'm now thinking of switching to Music Business. How does everyone feel about the music college? After reading the reviews online I've been a bit scared to go. When I went to their open day, I asked for the grade statistics to have an idea on the passing rates and they said nothing was recorded, that I should email for more information. I need a 2:1 for a masters teaching course which was I asked. I'm just hoping if I do go, I could do well with great support.
Heey,so I got an offer to vocal course,but they need at least 3 state exams,is it even possible to get in with only two?or there is no chance for me 🤔🤔
Reply 19
Original post by Auksiukia
Heey,so I got an offer to vocal course,but they need at least 3 state exams,is it even possible to get in with only two?or there is no chance for me 🤔🤔

by "state exams" what do you mean? are you coming from a different country is that why their asking you for that? i think they would want 3, you can ask them again and see if there is anyway they will allow two though! anything is possible :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending