The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Business and finance at Heriot watt? Vs Dundee.

Hi there, I have applied to do business and finance at HW and international business and finance at Dundee. I was curious if either uni has a better reputation for the course I'm looking to do and what the overall feel of the campuses are like! I have heard back from HW but still waiting on Dundee to reply. Also I have looked at the uk rankings for these courses and they seem to be on par? I have a few friends at heriot watt and they think it's good for business but I'm still not too sure! Any advice on both the course and social/campus life would be helpful! Thanks.
Original post by samanthaa15
Hi there, I have applied to do business and finance at HW and international business and finance at Dundee. I was curious if either uni has a better reputation for the course I'm looking to do and what the overall feel of the campuses are like! I have heard back from HW but still waiting on Dundee to reply. Also I have looked at the uk rankings for these courses and they seem to be on par? I have a few friends at heriot watt and they think it's good for business but I'm still not too sure! Any advice on both the course and social/campus life would be helpful! Thanks.

Hi Samantha,

I can't comment too much about Dundee and the course there, I will however give you as much advice about HWU as I can.

Business and Finance here is a very practical course, we are teaching our students to get out into the workforce and be work ready when they graduate. As far as the university goes we are a very international university with approx 150 countries represented on our Scottish Campuses alone. We also have campuses in Dubai and in Malaysia which gives Heriot-Watt a truly global name. You can also study at the Dubai and Malaysia campuses as part of your course if you want.

Have a look at our GoGlobal video made with footage from our students that went out there. https://www.hw.ac.uk/students/studies/goglobal/inter-campus-transfer.htm

Hope this has helped but if you have any more questions please just get back in touch.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest