The Student Room Group

Your thoughts on Londoners.

Scroll to see replies

The answers in this thread was as expected. I will say that people are friendlier up north but honestly I'd get pissed off if someone was trying to talk to me during every bus journey, so I'm glad Londoners don't talk to each other in that respect
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not in this country. Maybe in the US.

IKR,they're in love with our accent
Original post by Obiejess
It's sometimes like they live in a different country to the rest of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

albeit a less racist country
Born and bred Mancunian studying in London -

(and this is more southerners in general)

Rude
Busy - seriously, if one more businessman hits me with his briefcase on the underground I'll push him onto the tracks
Closed - really hard to speak to and make friends with. Y'all hate small talk and you refuse to go into anything deeper. Even your store employees

I agree with what's already been said.... London is like another country. The public transport WORKS and is EXTREMELY CHEAP and all you do is complain about it!
Original post by queen-bee
IKR,they're in love with our accent

I don't think they can distinguish between accents. They just have a very Londoncentric view of the UK (which they think is synonymous with England).
I don't think they can distinguish between accents. They just have a very Londoncentric view of the UK (which they think is synonymous with England).

But that's also kind of like Londoners,we don't really think of the rest of the UK,we just think of london being the one and only place hahahah
Original post by queen-bee
But that's also kind of like Londoners,we don't really think of the rest of the UK,we just think of london being the one and only place hahahah

Quite a strange outlook considering some of the stuff you post, imo.
Quite a strange outlook considering some of the stuff you post, imo.

I can hate London but deep down it'll always be home :heart:
Obviouslee yeah lahk it depends on da endz init. Rite now all the bare gels are on a IG/snapchat ting init obviouslee mandem dont lak read or nuffin fam dont chat **** ygm. The whole vibe dere now is sort of like Karachi meets MTV base dats wag1 for me isnt it. Ngl doe TW3 all day long cuz
(edited 7 years ago)
@Federerr what are your thoughts
Original post by 0to100
@Federerr what are your thoughts

Ends f*cked up, everybody wants to be a trapstar when it AINT DEM. It's amazing. (@0to100)
Original post by DeHumanisation
Obviouslee yeah lahk it depends on da endz init. Rite now all the bare gels are on a IG/snapchat ting init obviouslee mandem dont lak read or nuffin fam dont chat **** ygm. The whole vibe dere now is sort of like Karachi meets MTV base dats wag1 for me isnt it. Ngl doe TW3 all day long cuz

Original post by Federerr
Ends f*cked up, everybody wants to be a trapstar when it AINT DEM. It's amazing. (@0to100)

lmaooo oohh **** im dead
Original post by DeHumanisation

I rah get you fam
We got uckqueen still. reppin ends.
Reply 94
Original post by Dodgypirate
I'm 100% Londoner, although I do have Irish blood.

I'm just wandering what the "outsiders" think of us, whether negative, positive or indifferent.

I've heard that's easy to spot us!

Look at my boat you mug!
(Lol)
Reply 95
They hate us because they secretly envy us

Lets be honest here, its the most expensive british city to live in and not everyone can afford to live in London... except those living in London

Spoiler

Original post by TeenRose29
Posh. 😑

are we thinking of the same London? it's far from posh apart from central
Original post by Roger11
are we thinking of the same London? it's far from posh apart from central

Idk it just seems posh through the media n tht, ain't been there in person so no idea.
Original post by TeenRose29
Idk it just seems posh through the media n tht, ain't been there in person so no idea.

younger londoners see outsiders as posh and wannabe's alot of the time
Original post by Roger11
younger londoners see outsiders as posh and wannabe's alot of the time

Oh wow, didn't know that.

Quick Reply

Latest