The Student Room Group

The term "Islamophobia"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epoddoulc
Before you ban me for "being racist/discriminatory"; at least read what I have to say.

Having a phobia is defined as having an "irrational fear of or aversion to something".

It's not irrational to fear Islam when this is one of the verses from the Quran:

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush" - Surah At-Tawbah [9:5]

If any Muslim can prove me wrong, feel free to do so.

No muslim can ever give you a straight answer, trust me, I'm a former. 90% of westernised muslims have never even read the Quran.

"Islamphobia" does not exist. Having a phobia is due to you being irrational, however it is Islam itself that is irrational due to what it teaches, to fear Islam is completely rational and makes the term "Islamophobia" an oxymoron.
But the quran says allah knows everything past, present and future. This means that the Quran can never reform. Meaning everything mentioned in the Quran still applies to the modern world.

Are you admitting that the Quran is out dated?

Just a quiz y'know.
I'm sure we'll all accept Allah knows past, present, and future.
But citation?
Was that supposed to be a counter-argument? He destroyed you with logic. Logic; a m*****s worst enemy.

If you wanted logic then you would have used the correct definition in the first place, except that would have undermined your argument. It appears you fit the definition perfectly.
Reply 43
Original post by S.olk
This thread is entitled 'The term Islamophobia' Islamophobia is the irrational fear of Islam. You said it is not irrational to fear Islam. I also said it isn't but questioned why people fear Islam when it mirrors Christianity in many capacities. Happy?

So basically, what you are saying is "It's okay for me to be a murderer, because others have murdered before"

Flawed logic, M****m logic
Bit weird how people are so scared of a book written 1000s of years ago.
Reply 45
Original post by carpetguy
Just a quiz y'know.
I'm sure we'll all accept Allah knows past, present, and future.
But citation?

Allah’s name al-`Alīm (the All-Knowing) is an emphatic form of the word ālim (knower). It appears 157 times in the Qur’an. For example: “Indeed You are the All-Knowing, the Wise.” [Sūrah al-Baqarah: 32] “And He is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful.” [Sūrah Rūm: 54] and “That is the determination of the Mighty, the All-Knowing.” [Sūrah al-An`ām: 96]
Reply 46
I'm 17 years old, you failed to provide a counter argument because you know yourself that the Quran is one of, if not the most violent book in human history.

For a 17 year old, you're quite immature. Maybe you could read what people say more and respond to that rather than attacking what you think they've said

Thanks for assuming you know about everything I think and want to say. I did not provide a counter argument because I do think the Qu'ran is a very violent book. But the arguments on display here, particularly from you, are poor, fuel the stereotype of the annoying, arrogant uneducated atheist, and actively detract from the goal of open discussion about Islam and its merits (or lack thereof) which doesn't devolve into insults on each side.
Reply 47
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
Bit weird how people are so scared of a book written 1000s of years ago.

No, it's weird how 1.6 billion humans follow this book
So basically, what you are saying is "It's okay for me to be a murderer, because others have murdered before"

It's OK for me to be a killer, to stop myself being killed*
Reply 49
Original post by h3rmit
For a 17 year old, you're quite immature. Maybe you could read what people say more and respond to that rather than attacking what you think they've said

Thanks for assuming you know about everything I think and want to say. I did not provide a counter argument because I do think the Qu'ran is a very violent book. But the arguments on display here, particularly from you, are poor, fuel the stereotype of the annoying, arrogant uneducated atheist, and actively detract from the goal of open discussion about Islam and its merits (or lack thereof) which doesn't devolve into insults on each side.

Nice ad-homonym. As usual, you fail to provide a valid counter-argument.

Are 1.6 billion humans systematically following the orders from this book?
Reply 51
Nice ad-homonym. As usual, you fail to provide a valid counter-argument.

Did you even read my post? Jesus, read more and talk less

It's weird how I care so much about these 1.6 billion humans. A true philanthropist at heart, I am.
Reply 53
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
Are 1.6 billion humans systematically following the orders from this book?

An extremist muslim will behead you, a moderate muslim wants An extremist muslim to behead you
Reply 54
Original post by h3rmit
Did you even read my post? Jesus, read more and talk less

You're tip toeing around my arguments. As expected from a m****m
Reply 55

You 'failed to answer the question accordingly'
My point is FOR THE THIRD TIME that Islamophobia is not entirely justified given that those who have exhibited this fear the most come from countries founded on a religion that preaches a similar thing! If you dont have the intellectual capacity to understand this after a third time ,then bounce.
an extremist muslim will behead you, a moderate muslim wants an extremist muslim to behead you

ciiitaaaaaaaaation
An extremist muslim will behead you, a moderate muslim wants An extremist muslim to behead you

It's often the case that fear leads to paranoia. I suggest you see a doctor.
Reply 58
Original post by S.olk
You 'failed to answer the question accordingly'
My point is FOR THE THIRD TIME that Islamophobia is not entirely justified given that those who have exhibited this fear the most come from countries founded on a religion that preaches a similar thing! If you dont have the intellectual capacity to understand this after a third time ,then bounce.

Why is it not justified. Take a look at this website then provide a response:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
Reply 59
You're tip toeing around my arguments. As expected from a m****m

I literally, explicitly said I'm not a muslim.

I see why the mods banned you now tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending