The Student Room Group

is progressivism reversing

When I look at the current political events ( Trump ) and (Brexit) I thought we are now in a stage of reverse progressivism, the results from 1960s USA movements is declining, I have a dream has long gone and in Europe, the co-operation is declining too, Are we going back to a stage of slavery , dictatorship ,racism or even war?

Spoiler

Original post by Mathemagicien
We have a time traveller here folks.

Oh well when terrorism rises and mix with such a powerful president, military conflict will surely happen, dont forget isis is everywhere
Original post by Mathemagicien
We have a time traveller here folks.

Haha :biggrin:
Original post by jonnielovely
When I look at the current political events ( Trump ) and (Brexit) I thought we are now in a stage of reverse progressivism, the results from 1960s USA movements is declining, I have a dream has long gone and in Europe, the co-operation is declining too, Are we going back to a stage of slavery , dictatorship ,racism or even war?

Spoiler

Erm...

Are we going back to a stage of slavery , dictatorship ,racism or even war?

Even war? God forbid...
There are countless proxy wars going on right this moment, in case you hadn't noticed.

Trump's election and Brexit are indeed symptomatic of a wider dissonance within society. We have to question whether it really is racism, people upset with the effects of multiculturalism, poverty, or total loss of faith in our democratic systems.

As for slavery, dictatorship... maybe not in the West, but further afield yes. Slavery does exist today.

We have enough protection in the West to be assured that we won't be subject to dictatorship, or slavery.
Original post by jonnielovely
Oh well when terrorism rises and mix with such a powerful president, military conflict will surely happen, dont forget isis is everywhere

Bruh they've not even got out of the middle east

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending