The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
You are like the one who can see but is blind, can hear but is deaf, and whose heart and mind can think but cannot comprehend - with all your senses and faculties you fumble about in the dark blindly calling on others to open their eyes whilst you refuse to open your own.

Enjoy these worldly pleasures because that's as good as it's going to get for you, as you would agree, but lament the day you will be held accountable for this.

LOL
Smashed it 👌
lKAVAL-37YM
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
So you're willing to give up your perfect man just because he doesn't believe the same fairytales you do? Is that seriously the reason you're going to give up on him, even though you're not close to your family?

A prime example of how toxic religion can be.
In Islam a women can't marry a guy who isn't Muslim,however she can marry a guy of a different race etc . This is because in Islam it's important to pass down religion through generations and that can be done by the father (I hope I make sense haha). and its what this girl wants in a man so I dont see the problem. I know it's not an easy situation to be in.
Original post by h3rmit
You didn't finish your sentence, but if those are things you do want, congrats, your worldview is logically consistent.

If those are things you don't want, then you are to a pious Muslim as a promiscuous non-Muslim is to you, and have simply changed your beliefs to be convenient to the extent that you get to still lord over those who do things you consider "fiithy" while still being a Muslim in name alone

I corrected what I meant in a later post.

I've been over this issue a thousand times. Niqab is not fard, it is mustahab based on certain conditions such as if she is very pretty or she is getting eyeballed everywhere she walks. Then alhamdulillah she should wear it.

Again these issues can be dealt with in the nikah. It's really not an issue like most of you think it is.
Original post by HAnwar
LOL
Smashed it 👌

Sheikh Hameedi said words to a similar effect of this in the lecture I posted in ISOC, and I found it rather profound so it's stuck with me
Original post by Anonymous
In Islam a women can't marry a guy who isn't Muslim,however she can marry a guy of a different race etc . This is because in Islam it's important to pass down religion through generations and that can be done by the father (I hope I make sense haha). and its what this girl wants in a man so I dont see the problem. I know it's not an easy situation to be in.

And yet in Islam you're not allowed to date either, which she is doing and has said she will do in the future so she's being selective about what believes in. That then begs the question as to why she can't be selective about marrying the guy, even if he is non-Muslim. It seems like such a stupid decision to stop yourself from marrying someone who you feel is "the one" because of an ideology which you yourself don't even follow 100%.
Sheikh Hameedi said words to a similar effect of this in the lecture I posted in ISOC, and I found it rather profound so it's stuck with me

Telling it like it is.
May Allah reward him.
And yet in Islam you're not allowed to date either, which she is doing and has said she will do in the future so she's being selective about what believes in. That then begs the question as to why she can't be selective about marrying the guy, even if he is non-Muslim. It seems like such a stupid decision to stop yourself from marrying someone who you feel is "the one" because of an ideology which you yourself don't even follow 100%.

The OP also mentioned that she was getting religious obviously for any sane person that is a hard task considering that they have to abide and not only that bring that practice into their daily rituals. That within itself is a task its not hard to implement but it can be at first as with everything in life we will all struggle and then with consent persistence we ace it. Same thing here.

Only a fool would have an 'all or nothing' attitude - if one were to burn their finger with a match because they felt like doing so for fun, only an absolute idiot would listen to someone saying 'I don't see why you don't douse yourself in petrol and set your body alight because you enjoyed burning yourself with the match anyway'.

Similarly, one should not listen to someone being saying to compromise on every part of religion just because they compromise on other parts.
Only a fool would have an 'all or nothing' attitude - if one were to burn their finger with a match because they felt like doing so for fun, only an absolute idiot would listen to a devil of a human being saying 'I don't see why you don't douse yourself in petrol and set your body alight because you enjoyed burning yourself with the match anyway'.

Similarly, one should not listen to a devil of a human being saying to compromise on every part of religion just because they compromise on other parts.

Totally agree!
Reply 170
Original post by AishaGirl
I don't think you can mark it on a scale. I want him to be fully practicing and be pious but telling me to wear the niqab and never leave the house and I can only leave the house with his permission etc.

Wtf am I reading? :lolwut:
Reply 171
Only a fool would have an 'all or nothing' attitude - if one were to burn their finger with a match because they felt like doing so for fun, only an absolute idiot would listen to a devil of a human being saying 'I don't see why you don't douse yourself in petrol and set your body alight because you enjoyed burning yourself with the match anyway'.

Similarly, one should not listen to a devil of a human being saying to compromise on every part of religion just because they compromise on other parts.

Are you really comparing leaving Islam with self-immolation?
Original post by Josb

What you are reading is back in the day men did not let a women leave the house for fear of jealousy and another man falling for his wife. Therefore to avoid unnecessary problems they merely suggested not forced upon their women.
Original post by Josb
Are you really comparing leaving Islam with self-immolation?

Although I didn't say that exactly, I would agree with this analogy - those who choose to walk into the Fire themselves are performing self-immolation; but #YOLO, I guess.
Original post by Josb

I made a typo.

"I don't think you can mark it on a scale. I want him to be fully practicing and be pious but I won't tolerate him telling me to never leave the house and I can only leave the house with his permission etc."

Is that clearer?
Original post by Josb

In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam.
Reply 176
Original post by MiszShortee786
What you are reading is back in the day men did not let a women leave the house for fear of jealousy and another man falling for his wife. Therefore to avoid unnecessary problems they merely suggested not forced upon their women.

But I thought that marriage created a very strong bond between spouses? Normally men shouldn't fear that...
Reply 177
Original post by Leukocyte
In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam.

You agree with that?
Original post by Josb
You agree with that?

Yes.
Original post by Josb
But I thought that marriage created a very strong bond between spouses? Normally men shouldn't fear that...

It's nothing about fear. Relationships are built on trust, if your husband trusts you, he will let you leave the house. I'd much prefer to let him know, in my eyes I see it as something good.

Latest

Trending

Trending