The Student Room Group

The term "Islamophobia"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epoddoulc
The website itself is biased but every death it records is FACTUAL. Do your research on the individual terrorist attacks if you don't believe in this website.

I missed the part where the website proves that these deaths were caused by people who are definitely acting upon the Quran as the majority of people agree is the correct interpretation - agreed by majority since it was the intended interpretation, the only interpretation.
Oh, having an irrational fear of the "religion of peace". Tell me, why are the majority of terrorist attacks committed in the name of Islam?

Why shouldn't we fear islam? It's perfectly rational to fear an ideology behind the deaths of hundreds of innocent humans every year.

Again, if one such as yourself were to do your homework, one would find that most terrorist attacks are not committed by the so-called "Muslims". furthermore, "hundreds of innocent people"? what about the nukes on japan by America? dont tell me that was war, 80 000 innocent civilians instantly vaporised with several hundreds of thousands suffering from cancer.
Reply 82
Original post by h3rmit
"The megrim or whiff is a species of left-eyed flatfish in the family Scophthalmidae. It is found in the northeast Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea between 100 and 700 m below sea level. It is caught commercially in some countries."

Wow, that makes a lot more sense, you've really recovered well there

- If mohammad is the perfect role model, why did he keep sex slaves?

- If Islam is the religion of peace, why does the Quran contain at least 109 verses that call for Muslims to go to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule?

- If Muslims are peaceful, why are the majority of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims?

- If Sharia is so perfect, why are muslims dying to reach secular western countries?
Reply 83
Original post by Cherub012
Woah dude, you better censor that filthy word before I report you.

What are you going to do about it, megrim

megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim

Spoiler

Reply 84
Original post by I_joker007
Again, if one such as yourself were to do your homework, one would find that most terrorist attacks are not committed by the so-called "Muslims". furthermore, "hundreds of innocent people"? what about the nukes on japan by America? dont tell me that was war, 80 000 innocent civilians instantly vaporised with several hundreds of thousands suffering from cancer.

Again, your childish approach will get you nowhere. You remind me of a child "mommy that boy eats chocolate all day, why can't I eat chocolate every day too"
Original post by h3rmit

megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim

Spoiler

Reported for sexual assault.
Reply 86
Original post by h3rmit

megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim
megrim

Spoiler

- If Islam is the religion of peace, why does the Quran contain at least 109 verses that call for Muslims to go to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule?

- If Muslims are peaceful, why are the majority of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims?

- If Sharia is so perfect, why are muslims dying to reach secular western countries?

Answer these questions
Reply 87
Reported for sexual assault.

It's a pity Aisha couldn't report Muhammad for sexual assault, she was 9 years old when he consummated his marriage with her. Unfortunately, islamic law finds this permissible.

ALL Muslims were permitted to have "sex-slaves" as you call them. Is this any worse than going round banging whomsoever you wish? Oh no its fine cos i pay em, right?

Less than 2% of the book. Much more to be looking at here.

Who defined the word terrorist again?

Sharia isn't the problem. I suggest a quick factual read up is in order (?).
Reply 89
Original post by carpetguy
ALL Muslims were permitted to have "sex-slaves" as you call them. Is this any worse than going round banging whomsoever you wish? Oh no its fine cos i pay em, right?

Less than 2% of the book. Much more to be looking at here.

Who defined the word terrorist again?

Sharia isn't the problem. I suggest a quick factual read up is in order (?).

You say that Mohammad is the perfect role model; mohammad married a 6 year old, had sex with a 9 year old and kept sex slaves.

Explain to me how perfect he is.
It's a pity Aisha couldn't report Muhammad for sexual assault, she was 9 years old when he consummated his marriage with her. Unfortunately, islamic law finds this permissible.

It's a pity this all happened 1400 years ago. I hear the west were still pretty barbaric back then. We can't compare our current tolerances with something a millennium old*.

Only a hundred years ago you'd be stoned for being gay. Now we are a fully accepting society. (No I'm not bringing up the "gay" argument. Merely a parallel)

*Why follow such an outdated religion then? We aren't. Nowhere does it say you gots to go round marrying 9 year olds.
You say that Mohammad is the perfect role model; mohammad married a 6 year old, had sex with a 9 year old and kept sex slaves.

Explain to me how perfect he is.

You give me your understanding of Muhammad being our perfect role model first. I hope that'll make you understand, but being the person you are, I doubt it.
Original post by h3rmit
I think you should explain the context of the verses you quote, it would make the debate a lot more interesting and make this less like looking to attack Islam

Attacking Islam is perfectly fine though?
Before you ban me for "being racist/discriminatory"; at least read what I have to say.

Having a phobia is defined as having an "irrational fear of or aversion to something".

It's not irrational to fear Islam when this is one of the verses from the Quran:

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush" - Surah At-Tawbah [9:5]

If any Muslim can prove me wrong, feel free to do so.

the context of the lines before and after that verse:

1st 10 lines are talking about muslims separating themselves from polytheists before going hajj who arent their friends / wish no harm towards you & other muslims.

the ambush one sentence is worrying I admit & the the rest of the sentence says either they donate to charity / pray to god (judochristioislamic one), then they are unharmed.

the 2nd 10 lines of the chapter of the quran essentially say the same things / to fight against those who break their oaths / relationships (note the word they used can be used in the physical and non-physical sense...it doesnt talk about killing people.

the 3rd lot of 10 lines are about the benefits of repentence and it mentions that those who are unrepentant / polytheists should be blocked from the main mosque in mecca (which they are so meh) and to fight those who dont follow a religion from the quran/bible/torah (islam/christianity/judaism) until they are humbled / pay them to shutup.

the next 10 lines are essentially badmouthing how the bible and torah have been changed throughout time and how people claim that ezra and jesus are the sons of god (acknowledges jesus as the son of mary and the key figure in the day of judgement; ezra isnt acknowledged - ezra isnt the character from star wars who may be emperor snoak) saying that they will go to hell for changing the holy texts and how they will be punished in hell.

the 5th lot of 10 lines talks about the original term of jihad ie stiriving to succeed in life and about it being a struggle if doing it in the name of god / honest means and how people who are disbelievers tend to make false oaths / deals in the name of god and how on the day of judgement they will be begging god to not be judged.

the 6th lot of 10 lines talks about haters hating your success and how to respond (never will we be struck except by what god have decreed) and whilst they are waiting for us to screw up, we wait for god to punish you, so indeed we wait along with you). it also says dont be jealous of materialistic people as they are backstabbers who will turn on you and criticise those who give charity who arent themselves.

the next lot of 10 lines talks about muslims are obliged to give to charity and that charity should only be spent on the poor, the needy, those who collect for charity (ie admin costs), spreading the word of god, freeing slaves/captives, to pay off debts, bringing hearts together (not paying for sex!) and that people used to abuse muhammed for charity and that badmouthing god / the messenger of god (in this context is muhammed but generally applies to all prophets in bible and torah) and how people tend to be abuse only to backtrack and say they are joking when they mean it (sounds a lot like what I endured in 6th form tbh)

8th lot of 10 lines: gives reminders of what happened to disbelievers in the bible who were against Noah and Abraham and of what heaven is(ie endless rivers and gardens for all men and women) and that disbelievers should be scolded whenever. those who believe in god are commanded to give charity from their earnings as what is given can be taken away

9th lot of 10 lines: reiterating lines 11-80

10th lot of 10 lines: gives more examples of not being jealous of materialistic people and how those with nothing / who are ill /weak fear god sincerely and people shouldnt be bogged down of being jealous for not having what other people have

next lot of 12 lines talks about using charity to help others and in turn help them get in god's goodbooks (both the people giving charity as they are helping others, and those receiving it as it reinforces their belief in god - this is kinda a common belief in all religions). it also says dont pray in mosques which are claimed/ owned by non-believers as they arent preaching the word of god. it also says something about those who follow the torah, gospel (old testament) and quran are promised a place in heaven in exchange for worshiping god, repenting, praising god, pray, and who enjoin in doing good and forbid wrong stuff & obey limits set by god.

then the surah talks about only peopel should ask their own forgiveness from god and gives the example of abraham begging for his father's forgiveness but due to him not believing in god, he disowned his dad.

afterwards, it talks about heavens and earth belonging to god, how he gives life and causes death and that there is only 1 god to help and protect people. it mentions that god has forgiven the prophet and his close followers in their hours of need, as well as some people who repented before they died (something about the earth encroaching upon them).

it then talks about bedouins who werent muslims getting kicked out of medina and talks about fighting them out of medina.

the final 5 lines talk about people being sarcastic whenever a new verse of the quran was revealed and talks about people rejoicing if their faith was increased and evil increasing in those with bad motives as theyre efforts to disrupt the faith of others is constantly thwarted.

It mentions that the prophet muhammed is a human and he is concerned over manking / kind and merciful to believers. to those who are arent believers and turn away from islam, it is sufficient to just say to them "god is sufficient for me; there is no diety worthy of worship except him. for I rely on him and he is the lord of the great throne".
I just condensed 129 sentences into english (took me half an hour to do it properly).

It is equally unfortunate with the British law: :frown:

"In 1275, the first age of consent was set in England at age 12"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_reform_(UK)#History
It is equally unfortunate with the British law: :frown:

"In 1275, the first age of consent was set in England at age 12"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_reform_(UK)#History

It won't let me upvote you again :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by Dodgypirate
Attacking Islam is perfectly fine though?

I mean attack more in terms of saying "Islam is really, really bad" as opposed to showing the ideology's faults without injecting your own opinions
Islam, and any other backward religion, deserves all the stick it gets. Welcome to the Free World.
Again, your childish approach will get you nowhere. You remind me of a child "mommy that boy eats chocolate all day, why can't I eat chocolate every day too"

again, without reading, you talk rubbish. what does what you just said have anything to do with what i said. Again, you dodge my questions and again, you rip qoutes out of their context. Islam is about defence "for Allah does not love the oppressor"

Quick Reply