The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k_popper
Anyone got an offer after the interview yet??

I'm quite certain that they will not be giving out any offers until the end of March when all interviews have been carried out
Original post by juliethecool
Kind of starting to stress out at these London tube strikes that may happen! I don't know London, and getting the tube is the only way I know to get to Whitechapel. I looked at the bus services on google maps, but seeing as if these strikes do go ahead the traffic on the roads will be insane so I don't feel comfortable about using buses either. Does anyone, who knows London, have any idea of a better way to get to Whitechapel or just tell me a little bit more about what buses to take from London Victoria to Whitechapel? :smile: Would thoroughly appreciate it! BTW, I get to Victoria Coach station at 6:15 (will probs be later due to traffic) and my interview is at 9:25.

I wouldn't worry. The District line, Sloane square station, and Whitechapel station should still be open. Get on at Sloane square, get the District line eastbound to Whitechapel - you should be fine :smile:

Roads in zone 1 are going to be at a standstill, wouldn't advise getting the bus if you can get to WC via tube.

If you think you are going to end up being late, I'd ring the Medical school as soon as you can so they can maybe make other arrangements for you
Thank you very very much! I will try and get to Whitechapel as soon as possible. Best of luck to you too! :biggrin:

Thanks! I actually already had mine for A101 and am now waiting to hear back:smile:
Original post by rayrk
Have you met anyone with 2:1 in the five year course? Any idea what UKCAT score they got too?

Been reading and was speaking to someone on pm with a 2:1 last year and 800+ UKCAT and didn't even get an interview!

I don't understand how that happened. Maybe it's something to do with the PS or not enough extra curriculars?
Original post by yanzzz123
You could try the overground as whitechapel is also an overground station, but do bear in mind that it can be very busy due to the strike. Buses are actually more reliable than you'd think! Considering the time you will be arriving, I don't think the road would be very busy at all. Taxi might be a good choice as well if that's within your budget. Whatever means of commuting you are planning to take, I suggest you try to make your way to whitechapel as soon as you arrive to avoid busy roads and trains. Once you are at whitechapel you could grab a quick breakfast and some coffee while clearing up your mind if there's time! Best of luck!

Yes. I thought the oystercard could always be used with buses as well. TfL has done a good job of this!
Original post by FKAsamuel
yeah just try not to worry, the tube strike may not go ahead and also if you go on TfL's website they've issued a tube map and the area surrounding whitechapel isn't as affected much as zone 1. I'm going to ring TfL and ask them what advice they offer etc but I'm sure Bart's will be aware of this too so maybe someone should ring them and see what they say? Idk. I'm worried myself but hopefully it's called off

QMUL sent an email regarding the possible tube strikes and just said to travel to Whitechapel earlier than planned. Yas, I'm praying the strikes don't happen! I guess if we're lucky enough to go to QMUL we'll have to eventually get used to these strikes :P
Original post by Clubba
I wouldn't worry. The District line, Sloane square station, and Whitechapel station should still be open. Get on at Sloane square, get the District line eastbound to Whitechapel - you should be fine :smile:

Roads in zone 1 are going to be at a standstill, wouldn't advise getting the bus if you can get to WC via tube.

If you think you are going to end up being late, I'd ring the Medical school as soon as you can so they can maybe make other arrangements for you

But I'm going to be in Zone 1 - my coach arrives at Victoria coach station (which is in Zone 1 I believe), so I'm quite anxious :/ But I am getting there quite early in the morning so maybe I can get ahead of all that traffic??? QMUL has sent an email about the strikes, their only advice was to get to Whitechapel asap but that interviews couldn't be rearranged :'(
Thanks! I actually already had mine for A101 and am now waiting to hear back:smile:

Ah good luck!! May the odds be ever in your favour :biggrin:
Original post by FKAsamuel
I've got one on the 8th too, at 14:20!

Whoa, I'm also on the 8th at 14.20! which panel are you?
Ah good luck!! May the odds be ever in your favour :biggrin:

Thank you and apparently tube strike is suspended. Good luck!
Thank you and apparently tube strike is suspended. Good luck!

Oh thank goodness!! :biggrin:
Anyone have their interview on the 7th?
Original post by rayytbh
Anyone have their interview on the 7th?

Me! I'm at 2.30, what about you?
How are u guys preparing for the interview in regards to the article? And to the people who've had their interviews, did the article take up half of the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
How are u guys preparing for the interview in regards to the article? And to the people who've had their interviews, did the article take up half of the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

About a third for me but will probably differ for each set of interviewers
Who has an interview on the 9th?
Original post by emelinaw
Me! I'm at 2.30, what about you?

I'm at 2.20 panel e! woah were ten minutes apart xx
Original post by mithi98
Who has an interview on the 9th?

Got one at 3:25!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayytbh
I'm at 2.20 panel e! woah were ten minutes apart xx

I'll maybe see you there then! I'm on panel h I think :smile:
Does anyone know about the whitechapel capus tour afterwards? I'm trying to book train tickets and knowing when it starts and how long it last will last will be so helpful!
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending