The Student Room Group

Hijab problem

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
He's bought me closer to Islam, and we've talked about marriage briefly..

I fail to see how he's done that if he doesn't even want you wearing hijab...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always find it odd when I see a hijabi snogging her boyfriend in the street :lol:
I'd take the hijab off...then again I wouldn't pray five times a day either :biggrin:
So many non muslims these days who want a piece of the forbidden fruit :naughty:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I always find it odd when I see a hijabi snogging her boyfriend in the street :lol:

I don't snog him on the street!! I'd never do that lol, I beleive in hayaah :smile:

Original post by HAnwar
I fail to see how he's done that if he doesn't even want you wearing hijab...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he wants me to wear it, but not when I'm out with him or seeing him that day if that makes sense? Why do you think that is? I mean I know he finds me prettier without the hijab but I can take it off when we're alone
Yh his sisters wear it, he doesn't want me to wear it when we're out together, but all other times wear it. I'm just confused :s

If he's ashamed of being seen with a hijabi, do you think he's really good husband material? I understand that he may have had some positive effects on your deen but now he seems to be asking for you to go the opposite way. He's not even brave enough to state why he wants you to take it off.
Original post by Houthi4
i
C'mon now bro, stop responding to obvious trolls.

Doesn't matter if it ends up being a troll. I don't normally stay on these threads for too long anyway.
Original post by IdeasForLife
If he's ashamed of being seen with a hijabi, do you think he's really good husband material? I understand that he may have had some positive effects on your deen but now he seems to be asking for you to go the opposite way. He's not even brave enough to state why he wants you to take it off.

No he's always telling me to pray and go to Islamic lectures and stay away from like sheesha cafes and guys and stuff. He's not ashamed, he just says sometimes don't wear it today when's ur with me, like dress up for him I guess, including doing my hair nice?

In terms of being good husband material, deep down I don't actually want to marry him even though I really like him. We're from different backgrounds, and I low-key think it would just be easier for me to get with someone of the same or similar background and live with them, even though I'm no way against mixed marriages.
No he's always telling me to pray and go to Islamic lectures and stay away from like sheesha cafes and guys and stuff. He's not ashamed, he just says sometimes don't wear it today when's ur with me, like dress up for him I guess, including doing my hair nice?

In terms of being good husband material, deep down I don't actually want to marry him even though I really like him. We're from different backgrounds, and I low-key think it would just be easier for me to get with someone of the same or similar background and live with them, even though I'm no way against mixed marriages.

I see. Tell him to look up the concept of gheerah because at this moment he seems to lack it. If he is serious and if he wants see you without a hijab then tell him to marry you. Then he can see you in a hijab all day at home. Remember you cover up for Allah. Don't take it off because he asks you to.

If you don't actually want to marry him then I think what you're doing is a waste of time.
Original post by AishaGirl
So many non muslims these days who want a piece of the forbidden fruit :naughty:

No, we're good. What makes you think we all want you?
Reply 30
I don't snog him on the street!! I'd never do that lol, I beleive in hayaah :smile:

Well he wants me to wear it, but not when I'm out with him or seeing him that day if that makes sense? Why do you think that is? I mean I know he finds me prettier without the hijab but I can take it off when we're alone

I have no idea ask him lol
Maybe he thinks it's awkward going out with someone who wears a hijab? If that's the case then tbf he's right.
It doesn't look good a hijabi going out with a guy and doing whatever. It gives hijabis a bad impression.
Either marry him and make him accept your decision, or find someone else (which in this case I think would be the better option).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by IdeasForLife
Doesn't matter if it ends up being a troll. I don't normally stay on these threads for too long anyway.

this thread is made by an Indian troll, he admitted it one time.
Original post by Houthi4
this thread is made by an Indian troll, he admitted it one time.

You're probably right. In any case, I've said what I needed to I guess.
Reply 33

I've worn it for as long as I can remember, so feel uncomfortable without wearing it out now if that makes sense. He doesn't want me to wear it with him and when we're out together. Other times he wants me to, I don't get it

Maybe he goes through phases where when he feels more religious he wants you to wear it and not, he doesn't. Or maybe it depends on the situation e.g. he might want you to wear it infront of family so you look more 'religious' even if he prefers you without. Too many factors. Just ask him why he does this

where are u from and where is he from? just wondering. If u dont want to say it here PM me and i'll give u advice sister.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending