The Student Room Group

C4 vectors

IMAG2481.jpg for part d, I don't get what it means by b is the image of a after it is reflected.
Attachment not found

Thanks
Original post by coconut64
IMAG2481.jpg for part d, I don't get what it means by b is the image of a after it is reflected.
Attachment not found

Thanks

line 2 is the perpendicular bisector of the line segment AB
Reply 2
Original post by DylanJ42
line 2 is the perpendicular bisector of the line segment AB

Is my stretch matching what you are saying ? I can't remember what bisector means ...
Thanks
Is my stretch matching what you are saying ? I can't remember what bisector means ...
Thanks

The distance from A to (-3,3,7) = the distance from (-3,3,7) to B. (assuming (-3,3,7) is your answer to a)

Sketch looks good yea :biggrin:

bisect means to cut in half, so in this context it means to cut the line segment AB in half
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
The distance from A to (-3,3,7) = the distance from (-3,3,7) to B. (assuming (-3,3,7) is your answer to a)

Sketch looks good yea :biggrin:

bisect means to cut in half, so in this context it means to cut the line segment AB in half

But where is b though? I can't visualize where it is positioned at. Opposite A ? The question does not state b is on any line.

Thanks
But where is b though? I can't visualize where it is positioned at. Opposite A ? The question does not state b is on any line.

Thanks

since line 2 is perpendicular to line 1 and A lies on line 1 then B must also lie on line 1, on the opposite side

its very similar to me asking you to "reflect the point (-3,0) in the y axis"

ggg.png

since the point lies on the x axis and you want to reflect it in the y axis (which are two perpendicular lines) then you know the reflection point must also lie on the x axis, does that make sense? (ignore the red dot the lower right, i didnt mean that whoops)
Reply 6
since line 2 is perpendicular to line 1 and A lies on line 1 then B must also lie on line 1, on the opposite side

its very similar to me asking you to "reflect the point (-3,0) in the y axis"

ggg.png

since the point lies on the x axis and you want to reflect it in the y axis (which are two perpendicular lines) then you know the reflection point must also lie on the x axis, does that make sense? (ignore the red dot the lower right, i didnt mean that whoops)

Are u suggesting this ?1486077520024-1063818746.jpg thanks
Are u suggesting this ?1486077520024-1063818746.jpg thanks

i am indeed, no problem :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest