The Student Room Group

The term "Islamophobia"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epoddoulc
The majority of these attacks took place in countries that are NOT at war, so your argument falls apart.

"taliban" "ISIS'' "Terrorists"
Reply 101
Original post by Cherub012
It is equally unfortunate with the British law: :frown:

"In 1275, the first age of consent was set in England at age 12"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_reform_(UK)#History

You fool, you've proved your own stupidity. The key is in the term "1275".

Current British law states you must be 16 to consent to sex, current Islamic law states you can have sex from the age of puberty.

You used a really bad example because we have reformed our laws, islamic laws have never been reformed and never will be reformed.
(edited 7 years ago)
You fool, you proved your own stupidity. The key is in the term "1275".

Current British law states you must be 16 to consent to sex, current Islamic law states you can have sex from the age of 9.

You used a really bad example because we have reformed our laws, islamic laws have never been reformed and never will be reformed.

Erm... loads of Muslim countries, ruled by Sharia (ie. Islamic Law) have age restrictions.
Reply 103
Original post by carpetguy
It won't let me upvote you again :frown:

The Quran insinuates that Mohamhead is the perfect role model for all humans. This means that all muslims should follow his example and marry 6 year olds.

Let's see you try to get out of this one...
Reply 104
Erm... loads of Muslim countries, ruled by Sharia (ie. Islamic Law) have age restrictions.

What age was Aisha when she married Mohamhead?
What age was Aisha when she married Mohamhead?

6 I think?

In 7th century Arabia (Kind of like 13th century England).
Before you ban me for "being racist/discriminatory"; at least read what I have to say.

Having a phobia is defined as having an "irrational fear of or aversion to something".

It's not irrational to fear Islam when this is one of the verses from the Quran:

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush" - Surah At-Tawbah [9:5]

If any Muslim can prove me wrong, feel free to do so.

Wow. That's really scary. Now, obviously you've done a lot of research in to this, so obviously you wouldn't have posted this without evidence this is something they do.

So can you point out the no-doubt modern examples of Islamic terrorism targeting Shinto shrines or the like? Or burning down pagan churches?

What you wrote is so damning and so obviously supporting you that you no doubt have hundreds of examples. Let's show those people who disagree with you how wrong they are to assume you are looking for a fight! Show them the examples of Muslims targeting polytheistic churches.
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
No muslim can ever give you a straight answer, trust me, I'm a former. 90% of westernised muslims have never even read the Quran.

"Islamphobia" does not exist. Having a phobia is due to you being irrational, however it is Islam itself that is irrational due to what it teaches, to fear Islam is completely rational and makes the term "Islamophobia" an oxymoron.

Simply untrue. Go and look up the definitions in the dictionary. or refer to my earlier post as to the meaning of both terms.
Original post by carpetguy
people who are definitely acting upon the Quran as the majority of people agree is the correct interpretation

You know as well as the next man that if you put twenty Moslems into a room to discuss interpretations of the Koran they will emerge with twenty-one different opinions of what it means.
Original post by 999tigger
Simply untrue. Go and look up the definitions in the dictionary. or refer to my earlier post as to the meaning of both terms.

Phobia: an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

Source: Google.

I'm sorry, but do you not have eyes?
Reply 110
6 I think?

In 7th century Arabia (Kind of like 13th century England).

You still don't understand, do you?
Mohammad is the perfect role model for all muslims, regardless of what time frame it is. This means that all Muslims should aspire to marry 6 year olds.

Are you saying that it's wrong to marry 6 year olds? If yes, then that means muhammad was wrong.

By implying the Quran can reform, you are committing a haram sin because you are creating new rules to suit your way of life.

Your allah specifically said the quran is the last book, this means the quran will never reform.

You are a fake muslim because you are trying to change the quran rules.

If you do note that the vast majority of those alleged attacks ate in Syria where there is a civil war going on and Iraq where there is still armed conflict. Why are you so worried about muslims killing muslims? People tend to kill each other in war zones. I wouldnt even give that site any credibility.
Reply 112
Original post by 999tigger
If you do note that the vast majority of those alleged attacks ate in Syria where there is a civil war going on and Iraq where there is still armed conflict. Why are you so worried about muslims killing muslims? People tend to kill each other in war zones. I wouldnt even give that site any credibility.

I don't mind muslims killing muslims, I do mind muslims living in Western countries.
Secular people should live in Secular countries.
Muslim people shouuld live in sharia countries.
Reply 113
Original post by asiangcse
Very mature, that's a brilliant way to debate :smile: Allow me to retort, how old was the saint Joseph when he married the 12 year old Mary? (P.S it's 90). Just interested as to what your take on that is?

I'm an atheist, what relevance does Christianity hold to my argument? The Bible and Quran are both a load of **** but at least christians don't fly planes into buildings in the name of allah
I don't mind muslims killing muslims, I do mind muslims living in Western countries.

Hmmm. Very secular way of putting it. I like it.
That's the problem. All religions pick and choose what they want to believe, you've already resorted to blaming things we don't yet understand on a magical being, so atleast follow through with it. Don't just discard the Old Testament, don't just disregard the verse that shows Jesus flipping tables over in anger. If you're gonna go through with it, atleast follow through with everything, because the quicker you do that, the quicker you see all religions are simply a way to hide from progress.

Spoiler

Original post by Psychedeliyaa
Phobia: an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

Source: Google.

I'm sorry, but do you not have eyes?

yes thanks and the definition in the dictionary as you point out yourself means a phobia can be an extreme fear and there is no requirement that it has to be irrational. Notice where it says OR?

There is also no point using the definition for phobia when there is an actual definition for islamophobia in the Oxford dictionary.

phobia ˈfəʊbɪə/ noun noun: phobia; plural nounhobias

an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

Notice the OR?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/phobia

Islamophobia noun [mass noun]
Dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/islamophobia
You still don't understand, do you?
Mohammad is the perfect role model for all muslims, regardless of what time frame it is. This means that all Muslims should aspire to marry 6 year olds.

Did he not marry several women? Does that mean all Muslim men should aim to marry exactly the same number of women to at exactly the same age and corresponding ages of those women? Should they also write on parchment and send messengers to people instead of writing emails?

My role model is Mahatma Ghandi but I don't aspire to marry at 13 years old like he did, nor do I plan to liberate a country.

Are you saying that it's wrong to marry 6 year olds? If yes, then that means muhammad was wrong.

By implying the Quran can reform, you are committing a haram sin because you are creating new rules to suit your way of life.

Your allah specifically said the quran is the last book, this means the quran will never reform.

You are a fake muslim because you are trying to change the quran rules.

Just because he married a 6 year old means it must be implemented in the current law? Airplanes, telephones and laptops should also be banned according to this brilliant logic.

So technically, almost all Muslim countries do not operate under a real Sharia law?

Do you consider the UK to be a secular country?

Do we kick the Christians/Hindus/Sikhs (etc.) out too?
Reply 119
Do you consider the UK to be a secular country?

Do we kick the Christians/Hindus/Sikhs (etc.) out too?

Christians/Hindus/Sikhs Do not implement Sharia patrols nor do they groom young girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending