The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by MiszShortee786
And its perfectly fine for you guys to sit here dictating Islam to us? Like its all false? Under what basis? Like everyone questions us Muslims let me retrack that question back at you. Wheres your evidence for Islam being a made up religion?

I don't remember if I already told you that, but here is the evidence:

The Sanaa Palimpsest, the oldest fragment of the Quran in existence, is substantially different from the modern version of the Quran. The Quran is supposed to be the true and unaltered word of God, but it seems that it has evolved over time; we can therefore conclude that it is man made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sana'a_manuscript

You could also take a look at all the mistakes in the Quran, such as "man was made of clay by God", or "mountains prevent earthquakes", which were disproved by modern science.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by h333
OP just wanted advice (preferably from Muslims as she follows Islam) and we end in debates. Great. I feel sorry for OP.

OP had already made her choice and just wanted to hear validation.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Nonsense. Don't compare how someone feels about an ideology to a maths equation because they are clearly not the same. The fact there are so many different Islamic sects and interpretations is obvious proof that there is not only one way of seeing things.

This is a claim touted by some that holds no water in reality.
At most we can say there are 3 sects and that is stretching it:
Sunni islam 80-85% of muslims
Shia islam
The possible third sect that could be argued for are quranists (who are viewed unanimously by the vast majority (ie both sunni and shia to not be following the quran they claim to follow)

Then there are the khawarij who are not a sect per say but rather extremists who excommunicate everyone but them (eg isis,qaeda, shia cleric in london whose name I dont know).
Lets leave that to people like you who know all about my religion to figure out shall I?

You don't seem to care about anybody else but yourself, do you?

Here we are, our immortal souls are in danger of being burnt in the torments of hell for all eternity. You have evidence to show us the way. But don't provide it.

What kind of unfeeling monster are you?
Reply 284
I would like to offer advice but I am not Muslim, so I won't understand.
Lets leave that to people like you who know all about my religion to figure out shall I?

You're making no sense again. Knowing about a religion doesn't mean one has to believe in it, just as there are many atheists who are professors of religious theology. So I ask you again, where is this clear evidence?
Original post by astutehirstute

Here we are, our immortal souls are in danger of being burnt in the torments of hell for all eternity. You have evidence to show us the way. But don't provide it.

She's already said we can't believe because Allah has placed a seal on our hearts and mind.

@MiszShortee786, why do unbelievers get sent to hell if Allah was the one who stopped them from believing?

What sort of remark is that? How would you know what sort of person I am? But thanks for the compliment because at the end of the day it don't hurt me. My reward lies with Allah. And if you really cared that much then you would consult an Imam for the answer. As I said before I'm not here to spoon feed all details about my religion.
She's already said we can't believe because Allah has placed a seal on our hearts and mind.

@MiszShortee786, why do unbelievers get sent to hell if Allah was the one who stopped them from believing?

Allah has placed a seal on my hear and mind? And will consign me to an eternity in hell as a consequence???

Why? How could he do this to me?

Could a Muslim please explain?

Being tortured for ever and ever because Allah has put a seal on my heart and mind seems really unfair. :frown:

Why doesn't he break my seal? Why doesn't he care about me?

Or any of the millions of others he has placed this seal on?
What sort of remark is that? How would you know what sort of person I am? But thanks for the compliment because at the end of the day it don't hurt me. My reward lies with Allah. And if you really cared that much then you would consult an Imam for the answer. As I said before I'm not here to spoon feed all details about my religion.

Do you actually have an answer for me? Or are you conceding that your assertion that non-Muslim men do not respect women is borne out of pure prejudice and hatred for non-muslims?

As an apostate, if you knew an apostate in real life, what would you do and be honest.

You've got it completely twisted. It states in the Holy Quraan that Allah in fact sealed your hearts and mind. I just quoted it as it was perfect example for you.

Someone can't read in between the lines.

In terms of unbelievers getting sent to hell is used to describe what will happen to an individual that does not believe

You have plenty of resources avaliable to find your way to Islam. Allah gives and gives until one is certain that they defo don't want to believe. Then he seals ones heart and mind thereby becoming headless
Allah has placed a seal on my hear and mind? And will consign me to an eternity in hell as a consequence???

Why? How could he do this to me?

Could a Muslim please explain?

Being tortured for ever and ever because Allah has put a seal on my heart and mind seems really unfair. :frown:

Why doesn't he break my seal? Why doesn't he care about me?

Or any of the millions of others he has placed this seal on?

you disbelieved and will probably stay like that, du e to your arrgant attitude. Because of this your heart and mind has been sealed from the beauty of Islam, to prevent your heart and mind corrupting Islam.
Original post by Rhythmical
As an apostate, if you knew an apostate in real life, what would you do and be honest.

I would guide them to Islam, there is no forcing or anything else involved. Just simple knowledge passed on and then it's up to the individual at the end of the day. I would never force anyone. As I keep saying I am only here to guide.
Original post by Anonymous
you disbelieved and will probably stay like that, du e to your arrgant attitude. Because of this your heart and mind has been sealed from the beauty of Islam, to prevent your heart and mind corrupting Islam.

Arrogant attitude? What do you mean by that? Is every disbeliever tainted by arrogance?
I would guide them to Islam, there is no forcing or anything else involved. Just simple knowledge passed on and then it's up to the individual at the end of the day. I would never force anyone. As I keep saying I am only here to guide.

Do you agree with the treatment of apostates? Either murdering them or stoning them to death?
Reply 296
Original post by Anonymous

Why did Allah created some people whose heart and mind were sealed from Islam initially then?
Original post by Rhythmical
Do you agree with the treatment of apostates? Either murdering them or stoning them to death?

Every soul shall taste death. So either way we all are going to die. What matters then will be ones religion and the state in which one passed away in. However in regards to your question of course I don't as you can't just kill a person just because they turned away from Islam. There is a reason behind why they left islam in the first place and killing them won't solve buy in fact increase the problem.
Original post by Josb
Why did Allah created some people whose heart and mind were sealed from Islam initially then?

Please read post 314.
Reply 299
Please read post 314.

You haven't answered post 303 that gave you the evidence that the Quran is man made.

Latest

Trending

Trending