The Student Room Group

Should I drop my fourth A Level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hepl
Thanks! I've literally only recently been considering it, so I haven't gotten anywhere. I don't think I'll end up going down that route to be honest.

Probably a good decision. I think most aspiring medics have been planning their route for years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by jneill
Probably a good decision. I think most aspiring medics have been planning their route for years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, most knew ages ago that's what they wanted to do. It's not so easy for me. :P
Original post by jneill
So you won't have an AS in history then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the current yr 11 we will only has AS exams if we drop a subject. All the A2's are linear!
Schools won't waste money entering us for AS exams that count towards nothing!
Reply 23
Drop the subject if you think it will really drag your other grades down with it, if you think you could manage and get good grades - go for 4.
Reply 24
Original post by fleky6910
For the current yr 11 we will only has AS exams if we drop a subject. All the A2's are linear!
Schools won't waste money entering us for AS exams that count towards nothing!

Not all schools, hence why I was asking.
Original post by jneill
Not all schools, hence why I was asking.

Yeah. Most schools will however unless they are private. The AS exams don't count towards anything anymore.(from next year).
Reply 26
Original post by fleky6910
The AS exams don't count towards anything anymore.(from next year).

No. They are still a qualification and need to be declared on UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
No. They are still a qualification and need to be declared on UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah if your dropping the subject u do the AS. If your doing the full A2, the AS doesn't count to the A2 grade like it used to
(this what I meant, sorry for confusion)
Not many schools will give the opportunity sit all the AS exams in the subjects you are carrying on

Quick Reply

Latest