The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by astutehirstute
Allah has placed a seal on my hear and mind? And will consign me to an eternity in hell as a consequence???

Why? How could he do this to me?

Could a Muslim please explain?

Being tortured for ever and ever because Allah has put a seal on my heart and mind seems really unfair. :frown:

Why doesn't he break my seal? Why doesn't he care about me?

Or any of the millions of others he has placed this seal on?
as the official theory goes, Allah places a seal only on the heart of those who deserve it

and who deserves it ? well, unbelievers : those who cannot recognise the truth since their hearts have been sealed by Allah

a sort of theological chicken/egg situation, in my opinion

best

Quran, 2:5-6
"As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them."
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 321
Original post by HAnwar
LOL
Smashed it 👌
You do realise that...
"You are like the one who can see but is blind, can hear but is deaf, and whose heart and mind can think but cannot comprehend - with all your senses and faculties you fumble about in the dark blindly calling on others to open their eyes whilst you refuse to open your own."
Perfectly describes the religious indoctrinate, but has no relevance to the person who uses logic, reason and evidence to determine what they accept?

No. You probably don't do you?

So sad.
Original post by MiszShortee786
I dont do jokes unless they are halal and truthful.

Yes think about it I am not here to spoon feed you every little bit of information on what the biased media is portraying these days. Non-Islamic men are not tolerant of women in the first place to be honest as they dont value them as much as righteous men believe it or not.

I usually stay quiet on these types of threads but just couldn't keep my fingers off the keyboard at this comment.

My parents have been married for almost 57 years. My dad has the upmost respect for my mum, he loves her, worships her, values her, in return, she has the upmost respect for him, she loves him, worships him, values him.

There has never been any other for either of them, they are soul mates, they are a team (a formidable one at that), a perfect fit. They have been through horrible times and joyous times but even now in their twilight years, they still have that same love for each other that sparked all those years ago when they first met and got married.

They do not follow any faith..
Reply 323
Original post by Zamestaneh
Only a fool would have an 'all or nothing' attitude
So you accept that it is legitimate to pick and choose which elements of Islam you want to adhere to.
Reply 324
those who choose to walk into the Fire themselves
But if Allah has set a seal, etc, plus Qadr, it is obviously not their choice.

Unless you believe that people can make choices beyond Allah's omniscience and predetermination.
Reply 325
Original post by Leukocyte
In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam.
But I thought that men and women had equal rights in Islam?

So a husband must also ask his wife's permission to leave the house.
Non-Islamic men are not tolerant of women in the first place to be honest
well, Misz, there you blew it.

most of us know, from personal experience, that this is simply not true. Unfortunately, your
kuffarophobic prejudices and generalisations are showing...

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 327
"O' ma gerd, Muslim women are so oppressed that they don't believe they are really oppressed asdfgjkldjg"
To quote brother Leocosade..
"In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam."

We both know that a husband does not have to ask for a wife's permission to leave the house.

Hmm...
Reply 328
LOL. Too busy being awesome.
You do realise that your ealier quote explicitly illustrated gender opression?

No, you probably don't do you?
Hi sister
Firstly in order to eradicate the unhappiness from your life you must submit yourself to Allah. I don't want to sound like the religious preacher but that's where you have to begin. Start off by becoming more punctual on your salah and start reading a bit of quran regularly. This will boost you on a spiritual level and watch slowly doors will start to open for you. Regarding your relationship, it is unislamic and it would be best for you to end it. As muslims we can't expect to pick and choose bits of Islam and then expect good to enter our lives, do you get the drift. Certain things can be hard but if you remain firm you will be rewarded most definitely.
Reply 330
He wouldn't need to. His job is to provide for me so I don't expect him to do that. He has to leave the house whereas it isn't really necessary for me to.
What has "necessity" got to do with it?

So, by your argument, if a husband wanted to leave the house to just go and drink tea with his mates, he must ask permission of his wife.

Fair enough.

(BTW, you are lady. Didn't realise)
Reply 332
you have not only be blinded but deaf and your heart sealed from the true Islam
And according to the Quran, who is it that does this blinding and sealing?
Yes, that's right. Allah.
Remember that nothing occurs without his will and permission.
Original post by QE2
What is your opinion of Muslims who use IVF or sperm/egg donors to conceive?

I'm simply not educated enough to know the ruling on this. I'm going to go ahead and say it's halal but I would refer you to a scholar.
Original post by QE2
The standard Islamic model requires wives to obey their husbands.
https://islamqa.info/en/43123
http://www.islamweb.net/en/article/149397/obeying-the-husband-is-the-key-to-paradise
https://quran.com/4/34
http://en.islamway.net/article/12221/rights-of-the-husband-over-his-wife
and so on...

If you refused to obey him on certain issues, would you be happy for him to invoke sura 4:34?

Of course I will obey him and do as he says but if it is agreed on before marriage that I can work, I can leave the house when I want etc and then he violates that agreement then it is he who is wrong, not me.

Of course if there is a riot outside or it's late at night and there are thugs about and he is genuinely concerned for my safety then I will not leave the house if he does not want me to.

You really need to get this Saudi mentality out of your head bro, there is much room for discussion in a marriage.
You've got it completely twisted. It states in the Holy Quraan that Allah in fact sealed your hearts and mind. I just quoted it as it was perfect example for you.

Someone can't read in between the lines.

In terms of unbelievers getting sent to hell is used to describe what will happen to an individual that does not believe

You have plenty of resources avaliable to find your way to Islam. Allah gives and gives until one is certain that they defo don't want to believe. Then he seals ones heart and mind thereby becoming headless

It appears you're muddled. In the Quran it says Allah seals the minds and hearts of some people and therefore he deliberately stops them from believing. Therefore how can it be rational or just to send them to hell for disbelieving when it's his fault?

So you don't have evidence then.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Still many ways of looking at things. They will all say your interpretation is wrong.

I couldn't care less because they are wrong. The people who say 2+2=5 are wrong so why should we care what they think?
Original post by BigTraderBoi
I couldn't care less because they are wrong. The people who say 2+2=5 are wrong so why should we care what they think?

And again, they all say you're wrong. There's no reason to believe your interpretation is the right one.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
And again, they all say you're wrong. There's no reason to believe your interpretation is the right one.

This conversation is pointless. Are you even a Muslim? If so, why are you spreading falsehood?
Original post by QE2
So you accept that it is legitimate to pick and choose which elements of Islam you want to adhere to.

No it is absolutely not. A Muslim must believe and accept all parts of the Quran.

Latest

Trending

Trending