The Student Room Group

Initiating conversation/interaction with an ex, without appearing needy

Just need some advice really tbh please, that isn't "exs are exs for a reason".

Skipping out unnecessary details, I've explained the situation to a few people, and they all seem to think I'm in a good position to work up from the bottom and get close to her again.

So the other night, we saw each other and ended up in idle chit chat, but she said "I've had my hair cut" in a way I felt she was trying to get me to pay her close attention. I panicked because we haven't spoken face to face where it's seemed like we genuinely want to talk in ages, not wanting to seem too needy, I said I don't care in a jokey way like we used to with each other, smiled and said that I'd had mine cut too, but I'm worried she may have taken it the wrong way and thought I genuinely had no interest in her. I bought her a drink and wanted to carry on talking to her to show her I was interested, and calm myself down as I was quite tipsy, but my mate was there so it was a three way conversation, so besides having a bit of a drunken dance, I didn't get much more chance to actually show her I'm interested that night.

We've spoken a bit since over social media, and she reciprocated for a while, but I don't want to bombard her with talk when we've only just gotten to this stage where we can talk like normal people. I'm going to ask her if she wants to come on a specific night out soon, because I know she wants to go to one and her crowd aren't into it. I want to talk to her to keep myself in the frame, but not overdo it, and would love to know what she thinks of how I was on that night just gone, but don't want to sound apologetic or too obvious. Would appreciate thoughts on what direction to take?
do youwant her back? if yes just speak to her
You: Hey, I was thinking....
Her: What?
You: I want to get back together...
Her: I was thinking something as well...
You: You were?!
Her: I should probably repay you for that fiver I swiped from your pocket the other night...
You...
Reply 3
Original post by tyler holden
do youwant her back? if yes just speak to her

Yeah I do, but I'm paranoid I'll be taking things too fast. Like how often is acceptable without making it obvious I have motive. And have I already put a nail in my coffin with how I was when we were out
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I do, but I'm paranoid I'll be taking things too fast. Like how often is acceptable without making it obvious I have motive. And have I already put a nail in my coffin with how I was when we were out

not neceserally just go slow.seehowshe feels
Reply 5
It's ok, she ended a sentence with "bro" hahahaha kill me please:u:
Original post by Anonymous
It's ok, she ended a sentence with "bro" hahahaha kill me please:u:

Permanent friendzone lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending