The Student Room Group

Interview for Adult nursing 2017

Hello everyone,
Am new to the student room, I need help as I just apply for nursing in CCU. I have being booked for and interview February in medway campus. Please can any body who has done interview in canterbury give me some advice as to what the maths and numeracy tests is all about bcos I haven't done anything related to health at all. I will be very greatful.
Hi Favegreat,
Have the university sent you any information about what the test involves or is it on their website? Normally it's basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and converting decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals. Some ask this in a scenario type question. Some universities allow a calculator some don't. They should let you know beforehand.
I have heard that revising GCSE maths on bbc bite size is helpful. It would be level 2 maths.
I hope this helps.
And good luck.
Hey, they normally will have sent an email with links as to what the selection process will entail. I had my interview there early december and we were given a calculator for the maths test. There was also group discussion, MMI's and a campus tour. The staff were very friendly. I had my interview at Canterbury campus. I got offered a place and that's where I'll be studying in September :smile:
The English test is an essay style question.
Hi all, Has anyone on here been asked to provide additional information in support of their application, for example, copies of certificates/ another academic reference? and if so how long should the universities take to let you know the decision? I applied end of Nov 16 and still waiting Should I be worried or do I wait it out? I've heard others have interviews coming up for the same course and university choice, what should I do? Please help
Reply 5
Yes they send me a link explaining what to expect in the assessment, okay I should use the information there to prepare. Thanks guy I appreciate you all..
Original post by nelfran29
Hi all, Has anyone on here been asked to provide additional information in support of their application, for example, copies of certificates/ another academic reference? and if so how long should the universities take to let you know the decision? I applied end of Nov 16 and still waiting Should I be worried or do I wait it out? I've heard others have interviews coming up for the same course and university choice, what should I do? Please help

No news is good news really, I have had to supply further information and I'm still waiting to hear. So don't worry the universities take their time.

I hope this helps.
Original post by mel_l218
No news is good news really, I have had to supply further information and I'm still waiting to hear. So don't worry the universities take their time.

I hope this helps.

Hi mel_l218, Thanks so much for replying and I know your right, it's just hard when all your friends have interviews and still waiting and of course all applications are different and I shouldn't let it get to me too much. Guess all I can do is be patient and wait on UCAS, exciting and scary times. Thanks again. :smile:
Hi mel_l218, Thanks so much for replying and I know your right, it's just hard when all your friends have interviews and still waiting and of course all applications are different and I shouldn't let it get to me too much. Guess all I can do is be patient and wait on UCAS, exciting and scary times. Thanks again. :smile:

I know what you mean!
Hi Favegreat,
Have the university sent you any information about what the test involves or is it on their website? Normally it's basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and converting decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals. Some ask this in a scenario type question. Some universities allow a calculator some don't. They should let you know beforehand.
I have heard that revising GCSE maths on bbc bite size is helpful. It would be level 2 maths.
I hope this helps.
And good luck.

Thanks for the advice, Mel, I've added BBC Bite Size Maths to my list of things to revise for the interview, if you have any other advice feel free to get in touch. :smile:
Reply 10
Yes they did, that is what am using to prepare for the interview. Now. Guys thanks for your support I appreciate you so much.
Original post by RedPanda114
Thanks for the advice, Mel, I've added BBC Bite Size Maths to my list of things to revise for the interview, if you have any other advice feel free to get in touch. :smile:

Hi RedPanda,
There is an article on the student room called 15 interview tips for nursing and midwifery that is worth a look and googling nursing university interview comes up with some other tips and example questions.
Like I said in an earlier post, the universities normally supply information about the day on their website and in interview offer emails.
I am still waiting to hear back from my university choices but I have done a lot of research and I am preparing with the hope of being offered an interview.
I hope this helps and good luck.
Hi RedPanda,
There is an article on the student room called 15 interview tips for nursing and midwifery that is worth a look and googling nursing university interview comes up with some other tips and example questions.
Like I said in an earlier post, the universities normally supply information about the day on their website and in interview offer emails.
I am still waiting to hear back from my university choices but I have done a lot of research and I am preparing with the hope of being offered an interview.
I hope this helps and good luck.

I just found it, thanks for that!

It's an excellent read.

Keep your head up, if I can get an interview then I'm sure you can too!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21457-15-interview-tips-for-nursing-and-midwifery-applicants
(edited 7 years ago)
@mel_l218 UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

Thanks for your response and time :smile: Good luck on your nursing journey!!!
Reply 14
Congratulations
Original post by Favegreat
Congratulations

Thanks so much!!! Good luck on your journey!!!:smile: @Favegreat
@mel_l218 UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

Thanks for your response and time :smile: Good luck on your nursing journey!!!

Congratulations! That's great news!
Congratulations! That's great news!

@mel_l218 Thanks babes! means a lot :smile: No more waiting on UCAS Track, yes!!! :wink:

Good luck honey on your journey :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending