The Student Room Group

P&G (in-person) Global Reasoning Test

Hi,

I have been invited to take P&Gs in-person Global Reasoning Test at P&G. It is a 65 minutes test and has 40 multiple choice questions. It has 3 sections- numerical reasoning questions, logic-based reasoning questions and figural reasoning questions. I would like to ask anyone who has taken the test the following questions

How was the test?

How many questions did each of the three sections have?

What advice do you have regarding how I can best prepare for it?
(especially since I would like to pass the test, get as high a mark and possible and be invited to the interview)

Thanks!
Original post by midnight999
Hi,

I have been invited to take P&Gs in-person Global Reasoning Test at P&G. It is a 65 minutes test and has 40 multiple choice questions. It has 3 sections- numerical reasoning questions, logic-based reasoning questions and figural reasoning questions. I would like to ask anyone who has taken the test the following questions

How was the test?

How many questions did each of the three sections have?

What advice do you have regarding how I can best prepare for it?
(especially since I would like to pass the test, get as high a mark and possible and be invited to the interview)

Thanks!

Essentially, the split is quite fair across the numerical, verbal and logical reasoning. Question wise, I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm tempted to say 15/10/15 respectively.

The test is quite difficult, more so than your initial online reasoning tests and the numeracy part of it does involve some maths (as opposed to simple numeracy) - one question needed knowledge of pi actually.

As for preperation; continue to complete the practice tests - that's about as helpful as I can be I'm afraid. Assessment Day have an excellent pack you can purchase if you're struggling on where to find high quality examples.

You need 75% to pass - so 30 correct questions! It doesn't matter whether you score 75% or 95%, a pass is a pass and the score won't come back to feature in the decision-making process at P&G.

You are likely to be yourself taking the test (perhaps one or two other candidates may be there). Contrary to your invitation email; you'll be provided a pencil, calculator and scrap paper by them and asked to use them. You need to pass this test in order to progress on to the first round of 1-1 interviews, if you fail them, you'll be asked to leave there and then.

Try not to worry about the tests too much, they are doable! The real focus should be on how to impress the P&Gers... Over 1 million people apply worldwide every year, and 0.04% get offered employment! Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pmc:producer
Essentially, the split is quite fair across the numerical, verbal and logical reasoning. Question wise, I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm tempted to say 15/10/15 respectively.

The test is quite difficult, more so than your initial online reasoning tests and the numeracy part of it does involve some maths (as opposed to simple numeracy) - one question needed knowledge of pi actually.

As for preperation; continue to complete the practice tests - that's about as helpful as I can be I'm afraid. Assessment Day have an excellent pack you can purchase if you're struggling on where to find high quality examples.

You need 75% to pass - so 30 correct questions! It doesn't matter whether you score 75% or 95%, a pass is a pass and the score won't come back to feature in the decision-making process at P&G.

You are likely to be yourself taking the test (perhaps one or two other candidates may be there). Contrary to your invitation email; you'll be provided a pencil, calculator and scrap paper by them and asked to use them. You need to pass this test in order to progress on to the first round of 1-1 interviews, if you fail them, you'll be asked to leave there and then.

Try not to worry about the tests too much, they are doable! The real focus should be on how to impress the P&Gers... Over 1 million people apply worldwide every year, and 0.04% get offered employment! Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot!

Regarding the following sentence that you said

"You need to pass this test in order to progress on to the first round of 1-1 interviews, if you fail them, you'll be asked to leave there and then."

Do you mean that if you pass the test then you will be taking the first round of 1-1 interviews on the same day of taking the test and that between now and the test I should also prepare for an interview since I would have to take it on
the same day of the test if I pass the test?

Where and when did you take the test if you don't me asking?

I will be doing taking it in Singapore on the 14th of March
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey thanks a lot!

Regarding the following sentence that you said

"You need to pass this test in order to progress on to the first round of 1-1 interviews, if you fail them, you'll be asked to leave there and then."

Do you mean that if you pass the test then you will be taking the first round of 1-1 interviews on the same day of taking the test and that between now and the test I should also prepare for an interview since I would have to take it on
the same day of the test if I pass the test?

Where and when did you take the test if you don't me asking?

I will be doing taking it in Singapore on the 14th of March

Here in the UK, you'll most likely take the interview(s) directly after the test (if you pass). However, on occasion the interview can take place a week or so after the test has been passed.

It's unlikely you'll take the interview before the test. Good luck!
Here in the UK, you'll most likely take the interview(s) directly after the test (if you pass). However, on occasion the interview can take place a week or so after the test has been passed.

Thanks btw I also wanted to ask were the numerical, logical and figural questions in the actual Global Reasoning Test similar to the ones on the Practice Test which is in this link below?
https://pg.sitebase.net/pg_images/taleo/reasoning_tests/English_-_Practice_Reasoning_Test_-_5.6.08.pdf

In this 5 year old webpage http://mycanadianuniversity.com/top-10-proctor-a-gamble-reasoning-test-questions-and-answers.html
it says
"P&G has provided everyone with a practice reasoning test:
I personally believe that this is not an accurate representation of what you are going to see on the actual reasoning test. In fact, the actual reasoning test is a little bit different not harder just different. I have provided you with some questions below, work through these before you go in for your P&G reasoning test:"

Although this webpage is 5 years old, the test link given is the exact same test that P&G's website currently has and interestingly all the questions the person suggests one should work through are logical-based questions. I don't know if this means I could expect that logical based questions in the actual test could be likely to be quite different to those provided on the practice test.

Hi,

I have now been invited do a face to face interview P&G. I would like to ask you the following questions.

What questions were asked during the interview?

Were all the questions strength/competency/motivation questions?

Were there any technical questions?

I would also like to ask what advice do you have on how to best prepare for the interview?

Thanks!
Reply 6
Hello. I have the same interview soon which will also be in a P&G office. But I wonder if we are to be wear suits or not since it is only a test not an interview. On the other hand I see a post mentioning an interview if you succeed in reasoning test. What are your suggestions? I wouldn't want to wear a suit if I don't have to in these hot summer days of climate change.
Reply 7
Please nobody here to help me? :frown:
Reply 8
Hi! I have been invited to write the p
Hi,

I have now been invited do a face to face interview P&G. I would like to ask you the following questions.

What questions were asked during the interview?

Were all the questions strength/competency/motivation questions?

Were there any technical questions?

I would also like to ask what advice do you have on how to best prepare for the interview?

Thanks!

Hi,

How was the Global Reasoning Test at P&G especially for numerical and figural reasoning questions?

Are they much different from the practice test?

I will be joining the test on this August.

Thanks for your help!
Hi,I just wanted to ask, how was the exam? and where did you took the exam? I will be taking the exam by next week and I just want to have some insights about the P
Original post by ricola22
Hi,I just wanted to ask, how was the exam? and where did you took the exam? I will be taking the exam by next week and I just want to have some insights about the P

Which role have you applied and what test have you got?
Finance
Original post by SunTiger
Which role have you applied and what test have you got?

Finance & Accounting - Payroll and Benefits Operation. I will be taking the Global Reasoning Test this Nov 23
Original post by ricola22
Finance & Accounting - Payroll and Benefits Operation. I will be taking the Global Reasoning Test this Nov 23

Is this after the online tests? So at like interview stages?
Original post by SunTiger
Is this after the online tests? So at like interview stages?

Yeah, after the online test is written test. Step 2 of their hiring process. Guess what, I just took the exam awhile ago. Hope I'll make it! :smile:
Reply 16
Hi,I was invited to the selection process also to a Finance position in Spain.My question to all of you that went through this selection process is, if you pass the reasoning test and also the interviews in the same visit day, you will get an offer in that same day or weeks later?Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending