The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Nursing interviews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Louised84
I emailed them last week and all they said was my application was ayr team and will hear back with offers in due course.
I live on isle of arran thats why im so eager to find out so i can then organise somewhere to stay

Arran's a nice place. Went in 2007 with some student radio friends and really enjoyed it.

Hopefully we hear something soon. So much to organise if we do get in.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
I was too impatient i phoned admissions and they asked for my ucas ID, they then put me through to a man who said my application was on hold, due to volume and limited spaces. Has anyone ever had their application put on hold before?
Reply 22
Original post by Louised84
I was too impatient i phoned admissions and they asked for my ucas ID, they then put me through to a man who said my application was on hold, due to volume and limited spaces. Has anyone ever had their application put on hold before?

I've never heard of that. Very infuriating.
Original post by LL87
I've never heard of that. Very infuriating.

Found out what the on hold means....apparently they offer a certain number of applicants a position and not all applicants accept those who dont accept then free up a space. The spaces at the end are then offered to those on hold but theres usually more on hold than there are spaces.
Reply 24
This is endless! Where are all these people who have got in then?! I've not heard of them lol
Reply 25
Original post by Spexy
This is endless! Where are all these people who have got in then?! I've not heard of them lol

Neither have I. As far as I know from another nursing forum there are a few who have received rejections but no test or interview invites. Hmmm
Original post by LL87
Neither have I. As far as I know from another nursing forum there are a few who have received rejections but no test or interview invites. Hmmm

Thats good for all of you though. I heard people were getting unsuccessful letters through ucas over the past fortnight so no news is good. Im not going to hold my breath since im on hold. But good luck to you all
Reply 27
We could be on hold too for all we know though. Fingers crossed for everyone.
Reply 28
I called them as well, they said that they normally interview during this period and I should hear something soon. I wish it was firts come first served kind of thing, especially if they have a lot of people applying and no so many places available. Lol
Reply 29
Original post by Deeda1
I called them as well, they said that they normally interview during this period and I should hear something soon. I wish it was firts come first served kind of thing, especially if they have a lot of people applying and no so many places available. Lol

That would be brilliant lol. Provided you had the qualifications obviously.
Reply 30
Just got invited for a numeracy test and the email says if I pass that I'll be called back for a group interview at a later date.

Talk about dragging things out but at least it's another step in the right direction.
Reply 31
Well done LL87! I've still not heard anything 😑
Original post by LL87
Not a word. Had an interview at Stirling on Wednesday which I think went as ok as it could but you never know with these things.

I wish UWS would hurry up.

hi i also applied to UWS Paisley for Adult Nursing, also i have an interview with Stirling tomorrow afternoon, so was wondering what the interview is like, was there a numeracy n literacy test involved and what kind of question should i expect. thanks will be waiting for your reply.
Reply 33
Original post by abajayi005
hi i also applied to UWS Paisley for Adult Nursing, also i have an interview with Stirling tomorrow afternoon, so was wondering what the interview is like, was there a numeracy n literacy test involved and what kind of question should i expect. thanks will be waiting for your reply.

Hi. There was a very basic numeracy test but no literacy one.

Its one of these multiple mini interviews where you talk to 6 different people for 4 minutes each. Obviously I can't tell you what the questions are exactly but the best thing I can suggest is to have a good look at the NMC code of conduct before you go. Best of luck and hopefully see you at one of the Unis in September :smile:
Original post by LL87
Hi. There was a very basic numeracy test but no literacy one.

Its one of these multiple mini interviews where you talk to 6 different people for 4 minutes each. Obviously I can't tell you what the questions are exactly but the best thing I can suggest is to have a good look at the NMC code of conduct before you go. Best of luck and hopefully see you at one of the Unis in September :smile:

thanks a lot, really appreciate, i pray all go well tomorrow for me.
thanks a lot, really appreciate, i pray all go well tomorrow for me.

sorry again, was a calculator allowed ????
Reply 36
sorry again, was a calculator allowed ????

No it was just basic arithmetic so try not to worry.
Hi there has anyone else heard back for mental health nursing for sept 17 at Hamilton ?
Reply 38
Original post by LauraD0207
Hi there has anyone else heard back for mental health nursing for sept 17 at Hamilton ?

I'm going to do a numeracy test on 27th February and if I pass that I'll get an interview at a later date.

Only got the invite yesterday though so they're taking their time. Best of luck.
Oh that's fab well done . I applied start Nov hopefully hear soon either way !

Quick Reply

Latest