The Student Room Group

Subforum Political Survey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Kim Jong Un - is that you?

If it is, I think you have more pressing problems than completing surveys...

You are correct. It's time for me to get back to work.

ClzcCmYWEAAWi3t.jpg
X

What do you mean by 'liberal (progressive)' and 'centralist?'
Original post by Fullofsurprises
"Yes Dear Leader, it's true - TSR really does recommend Oxbridge above Pyongyang Tech."

Fake news!

Kim Jong-un+North Korea+Supreme Leader+Jang Song-thaek+uncle+disgust+killed+Chronic Disgust+Nonv.png
PRSOM

I can't rep you either so here's a +1.
Done! :h:
Reply 45
I'm apparently the only person who feels very positively about Michael "Tuna Lips" Gove.
Done.

Lol, who the **** thinks the Daily Mail is trustworthy?
Not sure, they are all pretty right wing

All of them, the forum is overrun by left-wing scum.

Right after each other as well :biggrin:

Also wonder if that same person is the (only) one who voted Breitbart as very trustworthy...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
Right after each other as well :biggrin:

Also wonder if that same person is the (only) one who voted Breitbart as very trustworthy...

I'm pretty sure that's chaoskass/len goodman :lol:
Original post by StrawbAri
I'm pretty sure that's chaoskass/len goodman :lol:

len goodman is the new chaoskass????? makes sense though actually.
Those weren't actually written one after the other. Its just that things in between them were already listed, so got grouped together.

Doesn't really matter, I meant it looks funny.
Indeed it is :tongue:

I'm up to "What is your race"... how ****ing long is this survey? I'm considering abandoning it now, I'm not going to spend another 10 minutes answering questions.
I've abandoned the survey. I continued with it and it's duplicating questions, it's poorly designed, it's just an info grab rather than a properly thought-through attempt to gather data that you have some plausible idea about what you could do with it.
Perhaps I am an FBI agent, undercover to root out extremists on TSR. This would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Feel free to design a better one mate.

I'm sorry but it was poorly designed. I was happy to answer questions, but when I'm at the sixth question that is simply asking me to confirm my ideology, but asked in a different manner, I'm getting bored. Especially as, at that point, I've probably answered more than 50 discrete questions and there's no indicator of how far in I am. I could have been only 10% of the way through.

And how were you going to use the data? I don't mean in the "Woo woo, the government" whatever, I don't care about that moronic paranoia. I mean, what's the output? Are you going to write a report? Visualisations? Where's the support for the idea that you can actually do anything useful with what you're collecting?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Why do you feel so positively about him?

He's a classical liberal with an unimpeachably brilliant record at the DoJ and a strong one at Education, plus I agree with him on most issues. He's also slightly more intellectual a Tory than May. I see that as relevant purely because, while the PM we have is great at smacking down Corbyn and stabilizing Westminster, Gove would be more capable of making a serious moral case for right-wing government to a society that sees compassion and charity as inherently left-wing values. I don't think May is equipped to make that case and I don't think she's been trying to.

As for the questions asking you to confirm your ideologies in multiple ways - you really think you can pidgeonhole ideologies like that? Actually, I do recall that you think in this way, that all "Trumpists" are X, and "liberals" are Y; but in my opinion it is a little more complicated than that.

What an astonishingly ironic question. Your characterisation of ideologies in the survey was extremely crude, superficial and ham-fisted. There was no scope to express the variation and complexity of my own views, you basically just offered a bunch of ideological labels to choose from (or asked through a bizarre "insider / outsider" lens), and then pressed that same superficial, label-obsessed question four or five times just in different ways. That's not an expression of complexity or nuance, it's just clumsiness times five.

As for the Trumpanzees, it is beyond dispute that the fact that someone supports a candidate like Trump speaks volumes about their values, their gullibility and lack of moral compass. By supporting a candidate like Trump, one is either subscribing to the racism and bigotry, or they are willing to turn a blind eye to it in order to be gratified in other ways. Either way, it tells us a lot about them.

There are, at core, two types of Trumpkins; those who are buck-toothed, brain-damaged racist idiots, and those who are, while not consciously racist, so traumatised by the existence of "SJW"s and feminism and political correctness, who have been so profoundly triggered by these things, that they are willing to support a man who has opposed most of what they previously supported politically, just to "strike a blow" against political correctness.

It's puerile. Either way, the fact of their support tells us much of their character, their integrity (or lack thereof)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending