The Student Room Group

I don't know if I may have acne HELP ME

I started to break out beginning of January and it was minor even now my face isn't severe I haven't had many pimples my face isn't covered in them but I'm scarred I've never experienced this before and so basically some of the pimples I got start of January have gone yet they've left red marks on my face which I understand as time goes by they'll fade currently on my face I have about 2-3 pimples two are already drying out but today I woke up with a bump on my cheek and my cheek looks slightly red and there isn't a head it feels like a bump so i searched online and found out about nodules and it fits the description it feels like a hard lump. I'm pretty worried now because isn't that associated with severe acne I've just been getting pimples and most have been minor ones but I'm worried what this will lead to. Does this mean I'll end up getting severe acne or is it just a one off could this also be hormonal and I need to take tablets and then everything's sorted??

Ever since this all started happening a month ago I started a skincare routine lol, I use a clearasil cleanser and sephadil non-comogenic moisturiser plus I exfoliate with neutrogena 2-1 mask once a week I apply Sudocrem or savlon on pimples because they are both anti septic I just don't get all this I never had to put so much effort into my skin I'm just a normal guy. Someone help me and give advice thanks
Reply 1
Original post by MGatsby
I started to break out beginning of January and it was minor even now my face isn't severe I haven't had many pimples my face isn't covered in them but I'm scarred I've never experienced this before and so basically some of the pimples I got start of January have gone yet they've left red marks on my face which I understand as time goes by they'll fade currently on my face I have about 2-3 pimples two are already drying out but today I woke up with a bump on my cheek and my cheek looks slightly red and there isn't a head it feels like a bump so i searched online and found out about nodules and it fits the description it feels like a hard lump. I'm pretty worried now because isn't that associated with severe acne I've just been getting pimples and most have been minor ones but I'm worried what this will lead to. Does this mean I'll end up getting severe acne or is it just a one off could this also be hormonal and I need to take tablets and then everything's sorted??

Ever since this all started happening a month ago I started a skincare routine lol, I use a clearasil cleanser and sephadil non-comogenic moisturiser plus I exfoliate with neutrogena 2-1 mask once a week I apply Sudocrem or savlon on pimples because they are both anti septic I just don't get all this I never had to put so much effort into my skin I'm just a normal guy. Someone help me and give advice thanks

Just make an appointment to see your doctor about it. There are a few treatments for acne including a roll on solution, creams and tablets. They can look at how bad yours seems, what the cause may be and try you on a treatment. If it works you can stick with it and if it doesn't you can go back and try a new one.
I think you should learn how to make coherent sentences first.
Original post by Kindred
Just make an appointment to see your doctor about it. There are a few treatments for acne including a roll on solution, creams and tablets. They can look at how bad yours seems, what the cause may be and try you on a treatment. If it works you can stick with it and if it doesn't you can go back and try a new one.

Doctors are busy enough as it is.
Go to your local pharmacy and ask for advice there.

-AHappyTeddybear
Original post by AHappyTeddybear
Go to your local pharmacy and ask for advice there.

-AHappyTeddybear

Is your name a reference to FrankieOnPC?
Original post by Merlin98
Is your name a reference to FrankieOnPC?

Why of course, I love that mans voice and incredible content.
By far one of the best creators on YT, who puts incredible amount of effort into his work, to think it's just a hobby to him is amazing.

-AHappyTeddybear
Original post by AHappyTeddybear
Why of course, I love that mans voice and incredible content.
By far one of the best creators on YT, who puts incredible amount of effort into his work, to think it's just a hobby to him is amazing.

-AHappyTeddybear

When he uploads every decade
Original post by Merlin98
When he uploads every decade

In his defence, he has a full time job in addition to making videos, compared to most YTubers who make videos full time. The funny thing is his content is 10x better than the majority of full timers as well. I must've watched his DayZ series a stupid amount of times now.

-AHappyTeddybear
Reply 9
Original post by cbreef
Doctors are busy enough as it is.

Good point. In this case it's probably worth seeing a pharmacist instead as it seems not to be severe. It is appropriate to see a doctor for more severe or persistent acne though as there are treatments that are only available by prescription and it's how you get to see a dermatologist if their input is necessary.
Original post by gwaggy
Sometimes a doctor is unavoidable. As I previously wrote, mine was mild but I had tried every OTC med available. In the end I needed something prescribed.

Whilst I agree with you, let's not put off OP from seeing a doctor completely, if it turns out OTC stuff doesn't work.

God, acne is a b*tch

Not trying to put op off completely. As I said there, sometimes it is appropriate to see a doctor, like if advice from a pharmacist hasn't helped or the acne is sever. Pharmacist may be best first option for op though. They can suggest some treatments, explain acne a little and can always suggest op see a doctor.
Reply 11
Thanks guys I'll book an appointment today

Quick Reply

Latest