The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domi98
Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?

If you're talking about pre-interview decisions then I am still waiting (EU, IB student here) :wink:
Original post by nyka-niliūnas
If you're talking about pre-interview decisions then I am still waiting (EU, IB student here) :wink:

Yeah, I was talking about that! I have that it takes so long for them to probably eventually reject me xD
Reply 1742
My interview I felt went horribly. Did anyone else feel like they kept challenging you and your answers (a bit of a grilling there)? And there was one station that I just sat there because we finished early... Aaah I wish I could do it again!
Original post by azlana
My interview I felt went horribly. Did anyone else feel like they kept challenging you and your answers (a bit of a grilling there)? And there was one station that I just sat there because we finished early... Aaah I wish I could do it again!

Finishing a station early doesn't mean you've done bad. I didn't get interviewed at KCL personally but one of my mates did and they mentioned the same stuff you have about grilling your answers - they just do it to try and throw you off. He ended up getting an offer anyway. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domi98
Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?

Hey, not IB, but EU and graduate, so if I hear anything at all, I'll be somewhere in the last batches, if that makes you feel any better :P
Original post by neurosurgeon
Hey, not IB, but EU and graduate, so if I hear anything at all, I'll be somewhere in the last batches, if that makes you feel any better :P

It doesn't xD Waiting is so annoying I don't wish it to anyone
Original post by azlana

Yep at one station the person asked whether I wanted to add anything and I said no so we just sat there for 30 seconds lol. Wouldn't worry too much about it - they're not going to judge you based on your ability to perfectly fill the 7 minutes. Even the guy at the post-interview briefing said that finishing early isn't necessarily a bad sign. I found it way more annoying when I still had some points to make but I ran out of time. :colonhash:
Original post by domi98
Yeah, I was talking about that! I have that it takes so long for them to probably eventually reject me xD

Perhaps they have a lot more applicants than expected this year so let's stay positive :smile: But truly I just want to receive an answer, any answer will do :biggrin:
Perhaps they have a lot more applicants than expected this year so let's stay positive :smile: But truly I just want to receive an answer, any answer will do :biggrin:

Still I was hoping for their regular 35 overall + 666 HLs to put it as my safety choice. Don't think any uni offers less
Original post by StationToStation
Yep at one station the person asked whether I wanted to add anything and I said no so we just sat there for 30 seconds lol. Wouldn't worry too much about it - they're not going to judge you based on your ability to perfectly fill the 7 minutes. Even the guy at the post-interview briefing said that finishing early isn't necessarily a bad sign. I found it way more annoying when I still had some points to make but I ran out of time. :colonhash:

It's worse when I added a point in to fill the space, watching them nodding at me and then not writing any of it down.

Should have just kept my mouth closed.
Original post by Cherub012
It's worse when I added a point in to fill the space, watching them nodding at me and then not writing any of it down.

Should have just kept my mouth closed.

I probably would've done that too if I hadn't just finished saying something that I would've completely contradicted if I had added some half-relevant thing haha. Don't worry, even if saying the extra thing didn't help it probably didn't do any harm either.
Original post by StationToStation

I did that. I ran out of time on three stations which I actually wanted to talk more about! But I don't think it matters as long as you've got enough in I guess
Original post by azlana

I know how you feel :frown: There were interviewers that made me feel so unsure about my answer but in the adrenaline of it all, I just kept backing up my answers which now feels stupid as my answers sounded quite lame :frown: I think all we can do is wait for judgement day! I definitely found mine challenging (I guess it just depends on the interview circuit you get and the interviewers you meet!) and some just saw right through me.
Original post by domi98
Still I was hoping for their regular 35 overall + 666 HLs to put it as my safety choice. Don't think any uni offers less

Honestly, I also put Kings because of the academic requirement 35 overall and now I think that perhaps that 35 is only a threshold. So if one has predicted grades over 35 they start looking at the application overall taking personal statement, UKCAT, references into account. I think so because scrolling through this thread I noticed that there were people who got rejected but had really high IB scores, for example 41/45 or 45/45
Original post by studentsixth
I did that. I ran out of time on three stations which I actually wanted to talk more about! But I don't think it matters as long as you've got enough in I guess

Same! Oh well, I don't think it matters too much either. :smile:
Overseas student studying biomed engineering at King's with 730 UKCAT and a predicted first. Rejection just came through portal without interview.
Original post by yanzzz123
Overseas student studying biomed engineering at King's with 730 UKCAT and a predicted first. Rejection just came through portal without interview.

You shouldn't have applied to the same univeristy . Am sure you will get in a better place
So many people have had offers/interviews/rejections and I've still heard nothing 😫
Original post by James_tattersall
So many people have had offers/interviews/rejections and I've still heard nothing 😫

No offers... but there have been interviews and rejections.

I know how you feel though
Honestly, I also put Kings because of the academic requirement 35 overall and now I think that perhaps that 35 is only a threshold. So if one has predicted grades over 35 they start looking at the application overall taking personal statement, UKCAT, references into account. I think so because scrolling through this thread I noticed that there were people who got rejected but had really high IB scores, for example 41/45 or 45/45

I have 42/45 and my friend had the same predictions last year and got an offer for 35 so.. But thinking about that I assumed that ppl with good predicted grades who were rejected must had weak UKCAT or PS...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending