The Student Room Group

Options

So I really don't know what to take for options , I know for definite I will be taking health and social because I am aiming to me a paramedic, would I need to take triple science to do that ?and would I need to take a language AND a humanity? because I also want to take GCSE dance as I really enjoy dance and wanted to be a dance teacher from very young however I quit dance about a year ago because I didn't enjoy the Danae school I was at so I thought a paramedic would be a better option Xx
You don't need health and social (what even subject is that?) to be a paramedic. Triple science is more important (although not strictly necessary). Different schools have different policies on whether you have to take a language and or a humanity, but I would recommend it, so that you have the EBacc, and a nice broad range.
Original post by Unknown_person_
So I really don't know what to take for options , I know for definite I will be taking health and social because I am aiming to me a paramedic, would I need to take triple science to do that ?and would I need to take a language AND a humanity? because I also want to take GCSE dance as I really enjoy dance and wanted to be a dance teacher from very young however I quit dance about a year ago because I didn't enjoy the Danae school I was at so I thought a paramedic would be a better option Xx

If you know what you want to do at uni, I'd recommend looking on uni websites (Don't worry which ones, just give yourself a good idea of what they are looking for) for their entry requirements in terms of A levels or qualifications inc. GCSEs (they may ask for Maths, English and a Science at Grade C), then it may be worth looking at the entry requirements for these A Levels in your nearby college (They may ask for certain GCSEs for example to do Biology at A Level I had to do at least Double Science, but that'll differ from college to college). Personally, I am in uni doing a healthcare course and I took double science instead of triple and I took music GCSE and I had no problem with this (unis are generally quite relaxed about what GCSEs you have).

Also its always helpful to have a good variety of GCSEs so it keeps your options open, just incase you change your mind :smile:
Original post by BobBobson
You don't need health and social (what even subject is that?) to be a paramedic. Triple science is more important (although not strictly necessary). Different schools have different policies on whether you have to take a language and or a humanity, but I would recommend it, so that you have the EBacc, and a nice broad range.

Health and Social is to do with How to stay healthy and basically teaches you about things like doctoring , so I believe I would need health and social, I shall take a look in the different unis so I can get a good idea of what I should do, Thankyou
Original post by LouieSax
If you know what you want to do at uni, I'd recommend looking on uni websites (Don't worry which ones, just give yourself a good idea of what they are looking for) for their entry requirements in terms of A levels or qualifications inc. GCSEs (they may ask for Maths, English and a Science at Grade C), then it may be worth looking at the entry requirements for these A Levels in your nearby college (They may ask for certain GCSEs for example to do Biology at A Level I had to do at least Double Science, but that'll differ from college to college). Personally, I am in uni doing a healthcare course and I took double science instead of triple and I took music GCSE and I had no problem with this (unis are generally quite relaxed about what GCSEs you have).

Also its always helpful to have a good variety of GCSEs so it keeps your options open, just incase you change your mind :smile:

Thankyou, I shall look at different unis to see what subjects I should take, I might take gcse dance then if you were able to do healthcare with music and I can have a variety , Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Unknown_person_
Health and Social is to do with How to stay healthy and basically teaches you about things like doctoring , so I believe I would need health and social, I shall take a look in the different unis so I can get a good idea of what I should do, Thankyou

no you dont need health and social at all. Youre much better off with a proper subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Health and Social is a good choice, however triple science would be better if you wanted to go into medics. Don't worry though, it doesn't really matter what you pick for GCSE :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest