The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Fast track June 2017

Hiya i was just wondering if there are any more people who had the fastrack track interview last Wednesday and got a place on it?
I'm one that got a place 🎉🎉
Wanted to meet new people on this
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for the fastrack course, and I was just wondering what prior experience you had in the field you've chosen to study?
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hiya DrewRyan
I'm doing a career change. No I haven't got any experience in the field I want to go in.
But I have family that work in the career field so I know how it works.

What field are you wanting to go in?
Reply 3
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya i was just wondering if there are any more people who had the fastrack track interview last Wednesday and got a place on it?
I'm one that got a place 🎉🎉
Wanted to meet new people on this
Thanks

Hey! First off, congrats! 🍾🎉🎉
I also think It depends on what course you are looking to fast track onto whether or not you've had interviews yet.
I've got another 2 weeks until my interview.
How was it, I'm pretty nervous about it all. Would love some feedback :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sarah7mac
Hey! First off, congrats! 🍾🎉🎉
I also think It depends on what course you are looking to fast track onto whether or not you've had interviews yet.
I've got another 2 weeks until my interview.
How was it, I'm pretty nervous about it all. Would love some feedback :smile:

Hiya Sarah7mac
The interview and English test went very well.
They are very nice people.
I felt right at home there.
Just be yourself and you will be fine.
What do you want to do?What subjects?

Good luck you will be fine!👍
Let us know how you got on..
And who knows we might meet there!

Kim
Reply 5
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya Sarah7mac
The interview and English test went very well.
They are very nice people.
I felt right at home there.
Just be yourself and you will be fine.
What do you want to do?What subjects?

Good luck you will be fine!👍
Let us know how you got on..
And who knows we might meet there!

Kim

I'm really glad to hear that.
That's good, there is nothing worse than feeling awkward in an interview haha.
I'm looking to study geography.
Thanks again, I feel like I need all the luck with my nerves haha😁😁😁😁😁😁
Reply 6
I'm really glad to hear that.
That's good, there is nothing worse than feeling awkward in an interview haha.
I'm looking to study geography.
Thanks again, I feel like I need all the luck with my nerves haha😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hiya Sarah7mac
You will be fine.healthy nerves always good!!
Let me know how you got on!!
Geography sounds really good though.👍

Kim
Reply 7
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya Sarah7mac
You will be fine.healthy nerves always good!!
Let me know how you got on!!
Geography sounds really good though.👍

Kim

Thanks Kim.
Will do. Can I ask what you're studying?
And how long after the interview process was it that they told you?
Reply 8
Thanks Kim.
Will do. Can I ask what you're studying?
And how long after the interview process was it that they told you?

Hiya
I will be studying law and criminology.

I found out that same day!
But the do take up to 10 working days to let you know.
So guess I was lucky on that one haha

Kim
Reply 9
Hey there,

I was at the interview on the 25th and got accepted for the Computing fast track course in June :smile:

My advice for anyone is just make sure you're passionate or can talk about the subject area you want to study

Nick
Reply 10
Original post by FletchN
Hey there,

I was at the interview on the 25th and got accepted for the Computing fast track course in June :smile:

My advice for anyone is just make sure you're passionate or can talk about the subject area you want to study

Nick

Hi Nick

Congrats on getting a place on the fastrack
See you in June!!

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya
I will be studying law and criminology.

I found out that same day!
But the do take up to 10 working days to let you know.
So guess I was lucky on that one haha

Kim

excellent course. should be interesting :smile:
aw ok thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FletchN
Hey there,

Nick

congrats!! that is great news. and thanks for the advise :smile:
hey guys, i am just trying to prepare for the interview.
i think i'll have the test down - that shouldn't be a problem. I am just worrying about the actual interview itself.
what sort of questions do they ask you? is it more personal goals and aims, and why i want to study or more course related?
i am just really bad in interviews and always manage to slip up. so trying to get prepared.
any information about the questions they ask or any other advise, like what nick has given already would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 14
Not sure what everyone else's interview was like but it's more of a conversation than a bombardment of questions. Just have in mind why you want to go to uni now and why you want to do the course you've chosen. Don't overthink things as you'll end up waffling and remember that they're not in a rush to get you out of the door, they want to see what type of person you are and if you're driven enough to complete the course.

Hope this helps.
Reply 15
Original post by FletchN
Not sure what everyone else's interview was like but it's more of a conversation than a bombardment of questions. Just have in mind why you want to go to uni now and why you want to do the course you've chosen. Don't overthink things as you'll end up waffling and remember that they're not in a rush to get you out of the door, they want to see what type of person you are and if you're driven enough to complete the course.

Hope this helps.

Well just be yourself
They ask you questions why you want to go to University and why that subject.
I didnt really think it was a interview just a great Conversation.

Again just stay calm and be yourself
The people are really nice.
I'm sure you will be fine.
Hi everyone, my interview is next week, just wondering if anyone has enquired about accommodation during the 7 weeks? I live a couple of hours away so commuting wouldn't be practical. Do they have anything in place? Thanks.
Reply 17
Hi all,

I also had my 'interview' on the 25th Jan and was offered the place 2 days later. I wouldn't even call it an interview to be honest. You have a 30 minute presentation to everyone (regardless of subject) about the course, then an english test which just checks your ability to get information from text and also how you write your own opinion. Then you get split into your subjects and go with a lecturer from your subject. For mine (business), we went to the business building and had a group discussion (about 6 of us) regarding the course, then we were asked questions like what will you bring to the course, why have you chosen the course etc. Its nothing to worry about.

Once accepted you get a link to a pre-course information website which is regularly updated and gives all the info you need. I myself am from the south west so will need accommodation and this is available to all students if needed. There is also the opportunity for funding of accommodation if you qualify which is good. On that note, has anyone who has been accepted been able to access the funding application form yet? It was meant to be uploaded on Monday and hasn't yet.
Thanks so much for the feedback guys! Much appreciated. Don't feel as stressed and nervous about it all now. 🤣😁😁
Original post by bgnetf
Hi all,

I also had my 'interview' on the 25th Jan and was offered the place 2 days later. I wouldn't even call it an interview to be honest. You have a 30 minute presentation to everyone (regardless of subject) about the course, then an english test which just checks your ability to get information from text and also how you write your own opinion. Then you get split into your subjects and go with a lecturer from your subject. For mine (business), we went to the business building and had a group discussion (about 6 of us) regarding the course, then we were asked questions like what will you bring to the course, why have you chosen the course etc. Its nothing to worry about.

Once accepted you get a link to a pre-course information website which is regularly updated and gives all the info you need. I myself am from the south west so will need accommodation and this is available to all students if needed. There is also the opportunity for funding of accommodation if you qualify which is good. On that note, has anyone who has been accepted been able to access the funding application form yet? It was meant to be uploaded on Monday and hasn't yet.

Well done on getting in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending