The Student Room Group

Erdogan reminds Merkel of the misleading nature of the phrase 'Islamist terrorism'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
There were people who went really indepth with quotes etc but then some people just came up with total bullocks. Believe one person came up with a Muslim invention (something to do with countering a thread after a terrorist attack) appreciation thread... the source used was the huffingtonpost and none of the inventions were invented by Muslims, one was glasses where a Muslim scholar (don't know what you would call them around Medieval times) did actually discover properties of lenses... but did not invent glasses nor the process of how they work, rest were improvements after a LONG time. Then there was one person who basically bashed Israel and abandoned the thread when someone posted something back about Palestine doing **** to them or debunked a picture they posted.

To be a dedicated to Islam requires a lot of brainwashing and a lot of deadening of the little grey cells.
Original post by לזייןהאיסלאם
To be a dedicated to Islam requires a lot of brainwashing and a lot of deadening of the little grey cells.

One was some random GCSE level student (spouted other nonsense as well) who wasn't Muslim at all, had something with them a lot though.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Erdogan is not a tryrant. He has the support of a clear majority of Turkish voters.

As for stirring up a healthy debate, yes, that is the purpose of this subforum. Problem is that most users unfortunately aren't debating in a healthy manner. Its good to be a devils advocate just to keep this place from becoming a giant circlejerk.

The Phillipinos admire Duterte. Russians admire Putin. Chinese loved Mao. And so on. What they all have in common is that people die.
Reply 23
But how will you win the internet arguments if you can't even see my posts?

LOL wow.. that person is really nice..

"Trump tard"
"Stupid"
"You must have a mental disorder"
"Fascist".

I say we should report them for harsh language?
Yes, I have changed, just probably not as much as you had assumed.

Of course Quora is better. You're mad if you think TSR has anything on Quora except relevence to UK student issues that don't involve non-trivial subject help (for that, stackexchange beats TSR hands down).

And then Reddit arguably bests Quora by a large margin. And of course, there are a plethora of other forums that cater to different topics.

Tbh it hasnt flagged up on my radar much more than that. Nope im not mad as I never thought that, its just a bit depressing on here ccompared to the others.
Reply 25
Original post by Palmyra
Oh look, another Trumptard. Does Putin sleep with you both at the same time?

Dude, sorry to burst your bubble but I don't like Trump or Putin. What I do dislike though, is people that insult others because of their political opinion.
Original post by AshEntropy
LOL wow.. that person is really nice..

"Trump tard"
"Stupid"
"You must have a mental disorder"
"Fascist".

I say we should report them for harsh language?

You have a point.

But I must admit that I seriously struggle to understand humanity. The lack of compassion you demonstrate by supporting someone who ran on a campaign of hatred and dividing. And how someone can be intellectually happy with a child being their president.
Reply 27
Original post by yudothis
You have a point.

But I must admit that I seriously struggle to understand humanity. The lack of compassion you demonstrate by supporting someone who ran on a campaign of hatred and dividing. And how someone can be intellectually happy with a child being their president.

1.) I do not support Donald Trump
2.) I live in England, he's not my president
3.) He's not a child, he's an adult
1.) I do not support Donald Trump
2.) I live in England, he's not my president
3.) He's not a child, he's an adult

1 and 2 are irrelevant to the point. I wasn't talking about you personally.
And no, and yet he acts like one.
I started going to a very left-wing university, and realised the error of my ways.

'islam means peace' - Erdogan spouting atypical tsr ignorance , does he post on Isoc?

the literal word islam means submission

mohammed wasnt interested in peace -if he was he would have been known for his pacifist stance, as buddha was
Reply 30
1 and 2 are irrelevant to the point. I wasn't talking about you personally.
And no, and yet he acts like one.

Right, that's it, down the garbage chute with you! :angry:

That was a bit unexpected.
Reply 32
That was a bit unexpected.

How? I always use GIFs :h:
How? I always use GIFs :h:

The kind of GIF used in this particular instance.
Reply 34
The kind of GIF used in this particular instance.

But.. he's being pushed down the garbage chute, it makes sense :colondollar:

This isn't really relevant or constructive to the thread, is it?
Reply 36
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
This isn't really relevant or constructive to the thread, is it?

But.. he's being pushed down the garbage chute, it makes sense :colondollar:

Exactly! I didn't expect you to push me down the garbage chute :/
Reply 38
Exactly! I didn't expect you to push me down the garbage chute :/

Up the Hot Chocolate Pipe then :u:

Hmmm... my opinion on this would be that "Merkel" sounds like a type of fish. :holmes:

Quick Reply