The Student Room Group

C1 question

Q15 only, ignore Q2
Can someone make any sense out of this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You want to calculate the distance between Q and P using the pythagorean/distance formula and then half it, because the radius is half the diamater.
This isn't the only way to do it I don't think, but can you find the midpoint of those two points?
Reply 3
Original post by NiamhM1801
This isn't the only way to do it I don't think, but can you find the midpoint of those two points?

(1,1) , I got that but don't know what to do next.
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
You want to calculate the distance between Q and P using the pythagorean/distance formula and then half it, because the radius is half the diamater.

a2+b2=c2 a^2 + b^2 = c^2 ?
Reply 5
Original post by ckfeister
a2+b2=c2 a^2 + b^2 = c^2 ?

You need to go back and learn how to calculate the distance between two points.

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
You need to go back and learn how to calculate the distance between two points.

I just did a2+b2=c2 a^2 + b^2 = c^2 and got c = 10, radius is = 5, its the correct formula.
Original post by ckfeister
(1,1) , I got that but don't know what to do next.

Then find the distance from (1,1) to either one of the other 2 points - P would be easier.

You want to find the difference in x values and square it, then the difference in y values and square that. Add these together. Take the square root, and you should get your answer :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by NiamhM1801
Then find the distance from (1,1) to either one of the other 2 points - P would be easier.

You want to find the difference in x values and square it, then the difference in y values and square that. Add these together. Take the square root, and you should get your answer :smile:

thx

Quick Reply

Latest