The Student Room Group

Healthy-ish snack ideas???

Hey everyone,
I'm a 16 year old student and I love snacking. I eat all day at school (no joke). During all my lessons I snack, during my frees I snack, during my breaks I snack. Obviously even if I have a full meal & stuff, I still want to snack. Its yummy & gives me something to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any health or weight problems, I'm relatively thin-average & I workout, so dw. But basically the snacks I eat are usually chocolate (a LOT of it) and like chips (or crisps idk what people call them). Anyway, I'm gonna start snacking on like nuts and fruits and stuff, cause all the sugar I'm having isn't doing so well for my pimples.
So, any ideas for relatively healthy snacks that I can pack and eat (not too messy pleaseee)?:smile:
Sugar doesn't cause spots.

Should you be eating in lessons?

Dried fruit and nuts are good snack options - much more healthy than your current chocolate and crisps!
Original post by Reality Check
Sugar doesn't cause spots.

Should you be eating in lessons?

Dried fruit and nuts are good snack options - much more healthy than your current chocolate and crisps!

Sugar is one of the main causes of acne..

Healthy snack ideas are fruit (but not too much), veggie sticks with dip like hummus, rice cakes, nuts and seeds, olives, organic crackers
Original post by Anonymous
Sugar is one of the main causes of acne..

No it is not, and you cannot provide any evidence to back that health claim up.
Original post by Reality Check
No it is not, and you cannot provide any evidence to back that health claim up.

google it and you'll find thousands of studies
Original post by whatfuture
Hey everyone,
I'm a 16 year old student and I love snacking. I eat all day at school (no joke). During all my lessons I snack, during my frees I snack, during my breaks I snack. Obviously even if I have a full meal & stuff, I still want to snack. Its yummy & gives me something to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any health or weight problems, I'm relatively thin-average & I workout, so dw. But basically the snacks I eat are usually chocolate (a LOT of it) and like chips (or crisps idk what people call them). Anyway, I'm gonna start snacking on like nuts and fruits and stuff, cause all the sugar I'm having isn't doing so well for my pimples.
So, any ideas for relatively healthy snacks that I can pack and eat (not too messy pleaseee)?:smile:

Rice cakes are the best thing
Original post by whatfuture
Hey everyone,

Fruit and veg made up in a blender (you can carry it in a spill-proof container) - depending on what you put in it it can be high in fruit sugar and not low-calorie. Yoghurt, bread sticks, pieces of fruit from plastic containers, nuts, cherry tomatoes, pieces of carrot and celery, any baked packets of crisps.

There will be preparation and washing up involved with healthy options. Nothing will be as easy as unwrapping a bar of chocolate, but you will get used to it if you persevere for a couple of weeks. It has to be better for your body than lots of crisps and chocolate. After a few months, you will wonder how you ever tolerated so much rubbish.

Good luck
Carrots and hummus is my quasi-healthy snack of choice.

Quick Reply

Latest