The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
fyi i am a silly tit. :hand:

Spoiler

You are a perfect cake with Buttercream icing.

one of my subjects can get quite physical

Is it now...

Spoiler

Normally i am self motivating and hardworking (if i might say :getmecoat:)
but i literally have so much to do rn
in fact these last months are just going to be mad
and i am ill and dont feel well and my head is splitting in pain but i need to get this stuff done for tomorrow bc it was set today and eugh
normally i dont like to make threads like these but idk where my contacts are @ well i do they are either busy or on holiday or whatever but i need motivation now :emo:
:lazy:

These next few years will probably determine your career success for the rest of your life.

A few years of pain, late nights and suffering seems like a valuable trade.
Original post by Willy Pete
You are a perfect cake with Buttercream icing.

Is it now...

Spoiler

dawwwwww see you can be cute sometimes :loveduck:
i knew you would find that hilarious :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by AishaGirl
These next few years will probably determine your career success for the rest of your life.

A few years of pain, late nights and suffering seems like a valuable trade.

*5 months, already done the years and got the grades
plus i have an unconditional offer so not really nope :h:
the late nights etc to get the grades are for my own satisfaction not for career aspirations cos ive already done everything i needed to do
and lol if A levels were the only reason i am unhappy that would be marvellous :jiggy:

*5 months, already done the years and got the grades
plus i have an unconditional offer so not really nope :h:
the late nights etc to get the grades are for my own satisfaction not for career aspirations cos ive already done everything i needed to do
and lol if A levels were the only reason i am unhappy that would be marvellous :jiggy:

You're speaking as though your A-Levels are the end game... but then you mention your unconditional offer.

So if you're losing motivation now with A-Levels, what are you going to do when you get to the big boy learning at uni?

That's why I said "a few years of pain and suffering". The journey is just beginning for us :smile:
You're speaking as though your A-Levels are the end game... but then you mention your unconditional offer.

So if you're losing motivation now with A-Levels, what are you going to do when you get to the big boy learning at uni?

That's why I said "a few years of pain and suffering". The journey is just beginning for us :smile:

im not losing motivation read the damn thread lol, it was one day on one night, that happens to all of us
if i wasnt a strong person i wouldn't be here rn writing this.

Chill smh.

Who are you to be patronising OP?

She just needed a boost - as we all do sometimes?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Chill smh.

Who are you to be patronising OP?

She just needed a boost - as we all do sometimes - can you read?

I didn't realise it was only that one night, sorry I overlook that part.

And I'm not patronising her :s-smilie:
DAY TWO 4/2/17:
Did a lot of photographic research today for my project, went to loads of museums and some events and whatnot :woohoo:
also got some books out from the nice bookshop man (what a bargain) :lazy:
think i might go take some photos in the woods tomorrow with my tripod :captain:

work level = high (all day)
mood = tired :yawn:
stress level = bit stressed, headache level of stressed-ness
sleep = slept quite a bit, idk whether it was quality but quantity is half way there
I'm always here if you need someone Cavy :hugs:

You've got to try your hardest to keep on track of all your work. Make a note of what you've got and when it's due in and then you can check it off as you go :smile:

And think about how great it will be to get out of there and go to uni!
Once you've done all this work you can go about enjoying yourself at uni and having the greatest time of your life :biggrin:

Goooooo Cavy! :party:
Original post by FireFreezer77
I'm always here if you need someone Cavy :hugs:

You've got to try your hardest to keep on track of all your work. Make a note of what you've got and when it's due in and then you can check it off as you go :smile:

And think about how great it will be to get out of there and go to uni!
Once you've done all this work you can go about enjoying yourself at uni and having the greatest time of your life :biggrin:

Goooooo Cavy! :party:

Thank you for ur very kind words FF :hugs:

Spoiler

Thank you for ur very kind words FF :hugs:

Spoiler

No worries :smile: Hope they've helped somewhat :hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 31
@CoolCavy you're so amazing, we're all here to support you :smile:

Hard work definitely pays off and the feeling is euphoric! I managed to turn average A-Levels to a first at university. You can do better than you expect, you just need to put your mind to it and focus on yourself. Every morning, look yourself in the miror and tell yourself that you got this and you'll feel more pumped :biggrin: Remember, it's all about positive thinking. If you have hobbies, make sure you do them too so that you're not too overloaded with work in one session. Make your revision schedule productive and fun at the same time :smile:
Normally i am self motivating and hardworking (if i might say :getmecoat:)
but i literally have so much to do rn
in fact these last months are just going to be mad
and i am ill and dont feel well and my head is splitting in pain but i need to get this stuff done for tomorrow bc it was set today and eugh
normally i dont like to make threads like these but idk where my contacts are @ well i do they are either busy or on holiday or whatever but i need motivation now :emo:
:lazy:

Umm this sounds depressing at first but it's a good motivational speech, I swear:

'People who are naturally better than you have been different from you ever since they were born. It’s impossible to turn that around, no matter how hard you work, how well you strategize, or who your teammates are. You can complain about that once you’ve actually done everything you possibly can. Rather than despairing and giving up because you’re not a genius, believe that your strength is not limited to this, and continue on the path straight ahead of you. It may be harsh to say so, but today might be the day to grasp the chance to let your talent bloom. Maybe tomorrow, the day after, or next year. Maybe even when you’re thirty. I’m not sure if physique has anything to do with it, but if you think it’ll never come, it probably never will.'
:hugs:
I will be spamming this thread with motivational gifs once I get my **** together :yep:

Also you and willy petes interactions are so cute it gives some light to my bitter soul :colonhash:
Original post by FireFreezer77
No worries :smile: Hope they've helped somewhat :hugs:

Spoiler

:hugs: ty FF
Original post by UWS
@CoolCavy you're so amazing, we're all here to support you :smile:

Hard work definitely pays off and the feeling is euphoric! I managed to turn average A-Levels to a first at university. You can do better than you expect, you just need to put your mind to it and focus on yourself. Every morning, look yourself in the miror and tell yourself that you got this and you'll feel more pumped :biggrin: Remember, it's all about positive thinking. If you have hobbies, make sure you do them too so that you're not too overloaded with work in one session. Make your revision schedule productive and fun at the same time :smile:

Original post by Edminzodo
Umm this sounds depressing at first but it's a good motivational speech, I swear:

'People who are naturally better than you have been different from you ever since they were born. It’s impossible to turn that around, no matter how hard you work, how well you strategize, or who your teammates are. You can complain about that once you’ve actually done everything you possibly can. Rather than despairing and giving up because you’re not a genius, believe that your strength is not limited to this, and continue on the path straight ahead of you. It may be harsh to say so, but today might be the day to grasp the chance to let your talent bloom. Maybe tomorrow, the day after, or next year. Maybe even when you’re thirty. I’m not sure if physique has anything to do with it, but if you think it’ll never come, it probably never will.'

Thank you for taking the time to write all that out guys :grouphugs: and Edmin that wasn't depressing at all rather it was thought provoking and insightful, especially coming from a school where the pupils are really competitive and everyone always wants to be the 'best' constantly

Original post by StrawbAri
I will be spamming this thread with motivational gifs once I get my **** together :yep:

Also you and willy petes interactions are so cute it gives some light to my bitter soul :colonhash:

:lovehug: always put urself first x
and lmmaaooo :rofl: well atm im despising @Willy Pete for his social beaveryness :colonhash:

hey @8472 that was a very lovely surpise :hugs:
i thought this was the best place to reply to you since it is mostly about my A levels
tbf this year has been very difficult, not just because of A levels but i have been trying to just hobble along and crucially make use of the support available to me :smile:
how are u keeping ? havent seen you around in agessss
:hugs: ty FF

Thank you for taking the time to write all that out guys :grouphugs: and Edmin that wasn't depressing at all rather it was thought provoking and insightful, especially coming from a school where the pupils are really competitive and everyone always wants to be the 'best' constantly

:lovehug: always put urself first x
and lmmaaooo :rofl: well atm im despising @Willy Pete for his social beaveryness :colonhash:

hey @8472 that was a very lovely surpise :hugs:
i thought this was the best place to reply to you since it is mostly about my A levels
tbf this year has been very difficult, not just because of A levels but i have been trying to just hobble along and crucially make use of the support available to me :smile:
how are u keeping ? havent seen you around in agessss

PRSOM
DAY THREE 5/2/17:
Funny day hm.
ok so i didnt go to the forest mainly cos the stuff i need is at school but i shall retrieve it and do that asap
cleaned loads of my stuff
sketchbook stuff :timewarp:

work level = not that high but Sunday tis the day of rest :jebus:
mood = tired
stress level = not very
sleep = slept a lot but not great things happening in said sleep :lazy:
Original post by StrawbAri

You called? :hat2:

I can't help being a social beaver.

Original post by Willy Pete
You called? :hat2:

I can't help being a social beaver.

omg :rofl: that image is you in a nutshell :toofunny:
nice to see you have taken the social beaver firmly into your vocabulary :u:
also get back on the thing at some point :emo:
DAY FOUR 6/2/17:
haha well last night wasn't great
did something silly then regretted it in the morning as i always do but oh well we live and learn :jiggy: except i still havent learnt :rofl: even a year later
did lots of work today only i cant find my folder now to fill in that worksheet :indiff:
this is why you shouldn't tidy your room
but someone says they can fix my palpitations!!! :heart: :awesome: finally someone with a solution
now i have more stuff to get on with, but its ok cos we have Tswizzles 2012 anthem of life (yes i have fallen this low :getmecoat:)
:flybye:

work level = high
mood = tired
stress level = bit stressed
sleep = bit ****, something happened but idk what it was, waiting for something like a cupcake apron to trigger the memory of it (yes that has acc happened before :cake:)

Latest