The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumbleberry95
Has anyone got an offer from SHU and are going to accept it? :smile:

Interview isn't til march :frown:

Anyone STILL waiting on BCU? They're taking sooooo long!!!
Has anyone got an offer from SHU and are going to accept it? :smile:

I really wanna go SHU! I don't think there selection days have started yet though, have you been invited to one?
Original post by Natli1234
I really wanna go SHU! I don't think there selection days have started yet though, have you been invited to one?

Their selection days started last year, im pretty sure
Original post by _homesick__
Their selection days started last year, im pretty sure

Oh i was told they start this month, maybe info was wrong
Yes I had mine in early Jan and have received an offer. I just wondered if anyone else had too so we could chat!
Yes I had mine in early Jan and have received an offer. I just wondered if anyone else had too so we could chat!

How long did you have to wait to be offered a place? I'm at a selection day on 20th feb
How long did you have to wait to be offered a place? I'm at a selection day on 20th feb

They told us on the day you'd find out in ten workings days. I found out in 9 so they do follow that 😊

Good Luck!!
They told us on the day you'd find out in ten workings days. I found out in 9 so they do follow that 😊

Good Luck!!

I'm so nervous! You got any tips for the day?
I'm so nervous! You got any tips for the day?

I'm not sure what to say really because I was so surprised to get an offer 🙈 - I didn't think the day went well enough for that! It's a great day, nothing to be worried about, all the staff and students you meet are so friendly and there's the opportunity to ask questions (not part of the selection day) so it's a good opportunity for that if you have any. The email they sent out for me was really informative and true to the day so make sure you read all that information carefully. Make sure you've revised all around the topic of paramedic science and what it may entail etc so you're ready for the individual interview. And enjoy! Do you have any other interviews/offers? 😊
I'm not sure what to say really because I was so surprised to get an offer 🙈 - I didn't think the day went well enough for that! It's a great day, nothing to be worried about, all the staff and students you meet are so friendly and there's the opportunity to ask questions (not part of the selection day) so it's a good opportunity for that if you have any. The email they sent out for me was really informative and true to the day so make sure you read all that information carefully. Make sure you've revised all around the topic of paramedic science and what it may entail etc so you're ready for the individual interview. And enjoy! Do you have any other interviews/offers? 😊

Have interviews at edge hill and Teesside the same week really wanna go to Hallam though? What were your conditions to your offer?
Anyone know the credits for access courses for hallam?

They said on their open day it's 30 distinctions but their website says 15 deistinctions and it's still not been updated so I'm confused
Original post by _homesick__
Anyone know the credits for access courses for hallam?

They said on their open day it's 30 distinctions but their website says 15 deistinctions and it's still not been updated so I'm confused

15 distinctions they told me at open day
15 distinctions they told me at open day

Oh, I'll go with 15 then! 😁
HI All,

I've got an interview for Worcester university on the 14th of feb, anyone else gonna be there or have an tips of what the days gonna be like?
Original post by Carriganstorm
HI All,

I've got an interview for Worcester university on the 14th of feb, anyone else gonna be there or have an tips of what the days gonna be like?

I'm yet to hear from Worcester, can I ask when you heard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leahjane
I'm yet to hear from Worcester, can I ask when you heard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 2 weeks ago, but they've been having trouble with admissions and its been slowing down their response time, but if your worried about it you could ring just to make sure they haven't lost it or anything
Original post by Carriganstorm
About 2 weeks ago, but they've been having trouble with admissions and its been slowing down their response time, but if your worried about it you could ring just to make sure they haven't lost it or anything

Okay, thank you for getting back to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else been accepted for Oxford Brooke's?
Also i had my interview For St Georges on the 9th Jan and haven't heard back, has anyone else?
I applied back in October and still haven't heard back from Worcester so getting nervous :/
What to wear to interview as a man?
Really want to go in jeans and a t shirt but I should probably go in smart trousers and a shirt with a tie?
Original post by Tullet
What to wear to interview as a man?
Really want to go in jeans and a t shirt but I should probably go in smart trousers and a shirt with a tie?

Dress smart, the worst thing is to underdress and all the interviews i have gone to all the boys have been dressed smart with shirts and ties :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest