The Student Room Group

What is a healthy lunch?

I rarely have time to eat during lunch times, and I don't buy food from my school. I dislike packed lunches, so what I end up doing is buying unhealthy snacks from the shops outside of school. However, this is unhealthy for a day to day lunch and I was wondering what I could do to eat healthier, that would provide me with enough energy for the day - but is not packed lunch or from school. I know a suggestion will probably be to go to a different shop, but what do you suggest I buy that is healthy and won't leave me hungry? Thanks :smile:
Original post by 123_123
I rarely have time to eat during lunch times, and I don't buy food from my school. I dislike packed lunches, so what I end up doing is buying unhealthy snacks from the shops outside of school. However, this is unhealthy for a day to day lunch and I was wondering what I could do to eat healthier, that would provide me with enough energy for the day - but is not packed lunch or from school. I know a suggestion will probably be to go to a different shop, but what do you suggest I buy that is healthy and won't leave me hungry? Thanks :smile:

Have you got a supermarket or convenience store near you? That should give you enough of a range to find something healthy...

Or maybe you can find a packed lunch that you don't dislike... e.g. Leftover pasta, salad... etc
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Have you got a supermarket or convenience store near you? That should give you enough of a range to find something healthy...

Or maybe you can find a packed lunch that you don't dislike... e.g. Leftover pasta, salad... etc

Thanks for your reply :smile: There isn't a proper supermarket near me, so there's not much choice. I go to a corner shop sometimes but I only buy crisps, as there's not much variety in their stock and it's usually out of date anyway. Another lunch would involve buying chips from the chip shop, and that's it. A packed lunch won't fit in my bag - I've tried - so I'm left it little choice.
Original post by 123_123
Thanks for your reply :smile: There isn't a proper supermarket near me, so there's not much choice. I go to a corner shop sometimes but I only buy crisps, as there's not much variety in their stock and it's usually out of date anyway. Another lunch would involve buying chips from the chip shop, and that's it. A packed lunch won't fit in my bag - I've tried - so I'm left it little choice.

:erm: I think you need a new, more functional bag in that case...

Quick Reply

Latest