The Student Room Group

Should I go back to sixth form or carry on at college?

Hi, I am currently studying a level 3 btec electrical and electronic engineering course at college after moving from sixth form back in October. I was only at sixth form for about a month before I decided I wanted to leave and go to college, but now I'm thinking about going back to sixth form to do A levels as I have been told I will have a better chance of getting into university.

So my question is... Will it be worth my time going back to sixth form for 2 years to do A -levels, or should I stay at college and finish my Btec course?

Any advice and help will be much appreciated!
Thanks !
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Luke.sts
Hi, I am currently studying a level 3 btec electrical and electronic engineering course at college after moving from sixth form back in October. I was only at sixth form for about a month before I decided I wanted to leave and go to college, but now I'm thinking about going back to sixth form to do A levels as I have been told I will have a better chance of getting into university.

So my question is... Will it be worth my time going back to sixth form for 2 years to do A -levels, or should I stay at college and finish my Btec course?

Thanks !

hey! how old are you?
it would depend on how long your Level 3 course is. You can get free education until your 19 in the UK. So if your Level 3 course lasts 1 year, you could complete your course and apply to do A Levels at college - A Levels are 2 years, (check with the sixth form if they accept slightly older students - some may have funding issues etc)
I've stay at college and get your btec done because you might end up changing your mind once your back at sixth form. Then apply to a couple of uni's, you can get in with a btec course. But if that fails it's not the end of the line you can go to sixth form and do alevels after. Honestly there's people at my sixth form who are 22.
Original post by Luke.sts

Thanks !

Id stay at college and get your btec done because you might end up changing your mind once your back at sixth form. You can get into a lot of unis with btecs anyway.
Original post by Tugdthvshiqhavs
I've stay at college and get your btec done because you might end up changing your mind once your back at sixth form. Then apply to a couple of uni's, you can get in with a btec course. But if that fails it's not the end of the line you can go to sixth form and do alevels after. Honestly there's people at my sixth form who are 22.
A Btec sounds a better move I agree, yer

Though being at 6th Form after 22 - I'm unsure to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest