The Student Room Group

Are A Levels harder at A2?

In second year of A Levels and my AS' counted for half (still old subjects). Basically is A2 harder than AS'. I mean I've noticed the work is harder. But do people usually do better at A2 or AS? is it harder to better at A2?

I want 3 As minimum. Last year I got AAC!

I'm doing those 3 subjects and repeating half of the AS that I got a C in (as the other half was an A)

Thanks
Original post by Aaron2515
In second year of A Levels and my AS' counted for half (still old subjects). Basically is A2 harder than AS'. I mean I've noticed the work is harder. But do people usually do better at A2 or AS? is it harder to better at A2?

I want 3 As minimum. Last year I got AAC!

I'm doing those 3 subjects and repeating half of the AS that I got a C in (as the other half was an A)

Thanks

people normally do equally or worse
Reply 2
People who do bad at AS usually step it up and get 1-3grafes higher , seen this happen before , as the jump from y12-y13 isn't that big , you should be fine to aim for A/A*s if you work hard
I know people who have gone from Cs/Ds to As in a level
Reply 3
Original post by cero70
People who do bad at AS usually step it up and get 1-3grafes higher , seen this happen before , as the jump from y12-y13 isn't that big , you should be fine to aim for A/A*s if you work hard
I know people who have gone from Cs/Ds to As in a level

Thank you! Didn't know that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest