The Student Room Group

MPhil Finance / Finance & Economics 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovelondonlife
I didnt notice the transition - my camsis status just changed from consideration by department to conditional offer.

Just got conditional offer. Just send in my transcript. No college info yet :-)
Original post by DCRsilver

Congratulations!!! I am crossing fingers for my application...

Congrats! Really happy for u! Is Camb your first choice?
Same here. No college info yet. My first choice is Trinity Hall, how about u? :smile:
Congrats! Really happy for u! Is Camb your first choice?
Same here. No college info yet. My first choice is Trinity Hall, how about u? :smile:

Thanks! Yes Cambridge was always my first choice, probably because almost all my professors went there. Haven't applied anywhere else. Good luck with Trinity, amazing place. I don't actually remember my choices but I know they were mature colleges. Honestly they all sound amazing, I'd be happy to sleep in a gondola on the river :-)
Reply 24
Hello ! Still waiting for both masters - one is under consideration by department and the other same but by degree committee. What about you Hope668899?
Congrats to those who got an offer!!! and good luck for others :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jjhhbb
Hello ! Still waiting for both master - one is under consideration by department and the other same but by degree committee. What about you Hope668899?
Congrats to those who got an offer!!! and good luck for others :smile:

No update so far...
Original post by Hope668899
No update so far...

What is your profile, if you don't mind me asking?
What is your profile, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for asking. Applied Cambridge F & E in ear December but the 2nd refrence letter submitted in end Dec. The 3rd year in Econ degree in top UK university. 1st year 74%, 2nd year at 70%. One inetrnship in Bank, another intership in PWC.
Any advice for a second year student looking to apply for MsC next year?

Have an Asset Management work exp this summer and im contemplating doing the GMAT to strengthen my app. Would this be a good time to take it?

On course for a 1:1 at Russel group in Accounting and Finance but dont have very good work exp currently and feel as though I wouldnt be selected?

All advice appreciated
Original post by GymLad78
Any advice for a second year student looking to apply for MsC next year?

Have an Asset Management work exp this summer and im contemplating doing the GMAT to strengthen my app. Would this be a good time to take it?

On course for a 1:1 at Russel group in Accounting and Finance but dont have very good work exp currently and feel as though I wouldnt be selected?

All advice appreciated

Work experience is irrelevant for the MPhil finance. Your profile is fine, as long as you've done modules on things like multivariate calculus, matrix algebra, maybe econometrics, stats, and scored high.
Hello,

I've applied end of January and I noticed that my status changed to 'under consideration by degree committee' on Friday. Pretty happy I'm not a straight reject! The website says that from that point it should take about 7 days for the committee to reach the decision but from what I have read in the forum this is not the case..

Congratulations to all who received offers!
Reply 31
Hey,

Yes indeed I am "under consideration by degree committee" for about a month now and it has not changed so far. But no need to worry, just need to wait !
Btw, what's your profile? which uni? Applying anywhere else?

Best of luck with the process!

Original post by MargoMarshall
Hello,

I've applied end of January and I noticed that my status changed to 'under consideration by degree committee' on Friday. Pretty happy I'm not a straight reject! The website says that from that point it should take about 7 days for the committee to reach the decision but from what I have read in the forum this is not the case..

Congratulations to all who received offers!
Original post by jjhhbb
Hey,

Yes indeed I am "under consideration by degree committee" for about a month now and it has not changed so far. But no need to worry, just need to wait !
Btw, what's your profile? which uni? Applying anywhere else?

Best of luck with the process!

I'm predicted a good First in BSc Business Economics from UK university (not a top one), achieved 92% in Micro, 81% in Econometrics. Overall 65% in my first year, 71% in second year. So far I am at 78% overall. I've seen my references and in my opinion they seem excellent. I have experience of working in finance but nothing amazing.

However, in the middle of my degree my father fell ill which required from me to travel to my native country up until he passed away. It is clearly visible across my transcript- starting off with straight A's and then going downhill. I have been achieving straight A's for the last two semesters though. I'm afraid I might have jeopardised my chance. I don't know how they approach such personal circumstances. I was surprised I wasn't a straight reject.

Do you guys have any knowledge of how Cambridge approaches such matters?

Thank you and good luck to you too!
Reply 33
I am very sorry for your lost! I think Cambridge will definitely consider your situation and how it might have affected your grades, you should not worry about it. I do not have a real knowledge about Cambridge approaches these things but if you have mentioned it in your additional information, they will consider it while examining your application.

Best of luck in any case !

Original post by MargoMarshall
I'm predicted a good First in BSc Business Economics from UK university (not a top one), achieved 92% in Micro, 81% in Econometrics. Overall 65% in my first year, 71% in second year. So far I am at 78% overall. I've seen my references and in my opinion they seem excellent. I have experience of working in finance but nothing amazing.

However, in the middle of my degree my father fell ill which required from me to travel to my native country up until he passed away. It is clearly visible across my transcript- starting off with straight A's and then going downhill. I have been achieving straight A's for the last two semesters though. I'm afraid I might have jeopardised my chance. I don't know how they approach such personal circumstances. I was surprised I wasn't a straight reject.

Do you guys have any knowledge of how Cambridge approaches such matters?

Thank you and good luck to you too!
Any one got the update about your application?
Reply 35
Can't really know.. the CAMSIS page says: "Please note, the system will be unavailable from Saturday 4th February through to (and including) Monday 6th February. It is being upgraded from release 9.0 to 9.2. Click here for more information We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

So will let you know on Monday !

Original post by Hope668899
Any one got the update about your application?
Got an email from the Chair of the Admissions Committee about a week ago recommending that I recieve a conditional offer, CamSIS at BOGS but not recieved a formal offer via email yet. Anyone else in a similar situation/waiting for a formal offer?
Original post by jjhhbb
Can't really know.. the CAMSIS page says: "Please note, the system will be unavailable from Saturday 4th February through to (and including) Monday 6th February. It is being upgraded from release 9.0 to 9.2. Click here for more information We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

So will let you know on Monday !

Thanks. Let's update the status when the system is available.
Original post by midlandeast
Got an email from the Chair of the Admissions Committee about a week ago recommending that I recieve a conditional offer, CamSIS at BOGS but not recieved a formal offer via email yet. Anyone else in a similar situation/waiting for a formal offer?

Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you mind sharing your profile?
BSc Econ :smile: i got an offer yesterday through camsis but havent received the official email yet.

Nice profile congrats on securing one this summer! I haven't applied to any this year. I've got a job secured for 2017 so I might ask if I can start in 2018 instead :smile:

Could you share when you applied? I applied in early Dec., but reference in late December, still no update for my application. Struggling....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending