The Student Room Group

I miss 2009 and the 00's...

Does anyone else just miss how simple life was back then? The great music, the great TV shows, the movies (Harry potter was still a franchise), the fashion, schools were better, we had a progressive labour government... i miss the 00's a lot in general but lately its been 2009. Anyone else just feeling sick with all the new technology and domination of social media?

Scroll to see replies

Not really.
them were the days mannnn........sony ericcson w810i playing music, bluetoothing people songs and vids on the playground, messing around with girls and that in class and being pains in the ass, caining cigarettes off before, during and after school.....no worries about exams, going home on msn and facebook (when it was all quizzes and ****) not having a care in the world......cod 4/5 miss them days!! a simpler time and place
There are too many unnecessary applications. All one needs is a phone, email, and a LinkedIn profile for outside of work.
Reply 4
I miss those days too. Stealing cherries from neighbour's tree, hide-and-seek game in hot summer nights... Those are the best memories and I miss them. We still can make our lives like it was. We just have to try harder.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hlvdna
I miss those days too. Stealing cherries from neighbour's tree, hide-and-seek game in hot summer nights... Those are the best memories and I miss them. We still can make our lives like it was. We just have to try harder.

Yeah I'm slowly doing that but it's almost like living in the past which I don't think is a good idea but I'm completely disconnected from social media, I don't even have any new pop songs from 2017, 16 & 15 since it's all garbage. I just wish it was the same around me… everyone just sits on their phone at school taking pictures and videos for snapchat, blasting out rubbish music and on Facebook, I hate it like whenever something exiting happens someone insists on posting it on Snapchat which just kills the moment. Its just sad that this is the world now… it'll never return to the simplicity that existed 10 years ago
Apart from being closer to death my life is better now that it was then by a long shot :indiff:
I do miss the days when Dan, Rupert and Emma were still growing up and we were growing up with them, looking forward to each new film :frown:. The world wasn't perfect then but there was so much promise. Those days are gone now, replaced by the days of right wing frenzy and Donald trump.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by neal95
them were the days mannnn........sony ericcson w810i playing music, bluetoothing people songs and vids on the playground, messing around with girls and that in class and being pains in the ass, caining cigarettes off before, during and after school.....no worries about exams, going home on msn and facebook (when it was all quizzes and ****) not having a care in the world......cod 4/5 miss them days!! a simpler time and place

I agree
2000 was the best year to be born,
Who remembers the Rubbadubbers, Tweenies, Storytime, Brum, Boo!, Come outside, The Koala Brothers, Pingu, Postman Pat, Fimbles...

Man I really miss when I was a child, everything was easy back then with no worries :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by AwokenMuslim
2000 was the best year to be born,
Who remembers the Rubbadubbers, Tweenies, Storytime, Brum, Boo!, Come outside, The Koala Brothers, Pingu, Postman Pat, Fimbles...

Man I really miss when I was a child, everything was easy back then with no worries :frown:

I'd say 1999 :tongue: when bob the builder wasn't a CGI freak, I loved Come Outside :frown: and don't forget 64 zoo lane! I'm actually gonna hunt down DVDs for these shows so my little brother can watch them. I miss being a child too but I wouldn't want to be a child again if meant being one in this decade
I miss the simplicity of life back in the '00's. I feel that nowadays everything is too complicated. Everyone's on the move, and in their own bubble.
Original post by zayn008
I'd say 1999 :tongue: when bob the builder wasn't a CGI freak, I loved Come Outside :frown: and don't forget 64 zoo lane! I'm actually gonna hunt down DVDs for these shows so my little brother can watch them. I miss being a child too but I wouldn't want to be a child again if meant being one in this decade

How could I forget :biggrin:
It's depressing knowing that Pippin from Come Outside is dead :'(

Cartoons these days are terrible, I'm going to also collect these DVDs so I can always remember my childhood and the better days of life
Nope was bullied horrendously and parent was ill so nah
things only got better after 2007 so i guess i would agree with u from 07-9 but even then wouldnt want to be a child again
Yeah, I really miss the economic downturn, mass unemployment, the build up to that, slow internet, deprived cities, and 9/11...
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't miss 2009 because that was when I entered secondary school and I can say without a doubt the first half of that was un-enjoyable and that is putting it lightly.
Reply 16
Original post by Exceptional
Yeah, I really miss the economic downturn, mass unemployment, the build up to that, slow internet, deprived cities, and 9/11...

but what about 2000-2007. It was one of the best decades. In terms of people. In terms of prosperity, in terms of music and in terms of culture.
I spent most of the 000s cursing dial-up, and pretty much all of 2009 pissed.

I miss the freedoms that adulthood doesn't allow, but other than that... we all make do, I guess.
Reply 18
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Not really.

why not
Reply 19
my head is 10 years out of date

Quick Reply