The Student Room Group

TV shows everyone else has seen but you haven't?

Followed from the film version of this thread :tongue:

What are the shows you keep meaning to watch or that people are shocked you have never seen before?

For me its -

Scrubs
Red Dwarf
How I Met Your Mother
Pretty Little Liars
Friends
Suits
Arrow
Stranger Things (I'll deffo watch that soon :tongue: )
Game of Thrones
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't owned a TV for over a year now (been stuck in the shed - construction work. Even so, I only had the free Sky channels anyhoo :s-smilie:)

All of the above, 'cept F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Pls, please make that bucket list #2 after Stranger Things (I would still say it tops it, but what do I know, I haven't seen it. But I'm gonna be stubborn and say nothing tops it :biggrin:)

But once you go friends, you can't find anything quite the same. It's a love thang, like Harry P and other fandoms of mine :tongue: But seriously, it's unlike anything else - I didn't laugh at everything 'cause I'm cold-hearted with a rubbish sense of humour (just like texting LOL and looking at memes alone - no real laughs except at something only I find randomly, awkwardly funny) , but it is an emotional, thrilling roller-coaster ride kinda show.

Have fun not getting any sleep! Binge-watching the best, only way to go - seen memes of 'I can't imagine if I was born in the 90's - I'd have to wait forever for the next episode!' - One advantage of an older (but classic) series :smile:
Reply 2
Pretty much everything, I hardly watch TV except for the football.
Original post by Spock's Socks

What are the shows you keep meaning to watch or that people are shocked you have never seen before?

For me its -

Scrubs
How I Met Your Mother
Pretty Little Liars
Friends
Suits
Arrow
Game of Thrones

For me, all of them except Suits, and I watched a few seasons of GoT

For films, LotR and The Hobbit, and Star Wars as well :biggrin:
I've never watched The Walking Dead, and I consider myself a connoisseur of first-class, prestige cable dramas. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me and the feedback I've got is that it's much overrated. Here are some shows I have seen and everybody else should too:

The Americans
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Westworld
The Sopranos
The Wire
In The Flesh
Black Mirror
Mr Robot
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Outlander
Unreal
Incorporated
Master of None
Masters of Sex
Man in the High Castle
Stranger Things
The Good Wife (seasons 2 to 5)

These are the best shows on TV (I might have forgotten / missed a couple, but overall...). If you want shows that are intelligent, addictive, profound, interesting... pick a show and dive in!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I've finally just around to watching Rick and Morty and I'm really impressed with it so far. Glad I finally got around to watching it :smile: I was the only one in my friend group who hadn't seen it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me its -

Scrubs
Red Dwarf
How I Met Your Mother
Pretty Little Liars
Friends
Suits
Arrow
Game of Thrones

All of these for me
Skinny blonde teen eats monster ******
Everything mentioned in this thread. :redface: I'm not into those US dramas.

For me its -

Scrubs
Red Dwarf
How I Met Your Mother
Pretty Little Liars
Friends
Suits
Arrow
Game of Thrones

I decided to watch Red Dwarf a few months ago and what I've seen of it is hilarious. I've watched the first 3 seasons and there's only been one episode which I didn't like (from the first season which is understandable). I'm not sure what my answer is.
Reply 10
I've finally made a start at watching Stranger Things. It's not bad so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
mostly everything on netflix & football
Original post by AlexanderHam
I've never watched The Walking Dead, and I consider myself a connoisseur of first-class, prestige cable dramas. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me and the feedback I've got is that it's much overrated. Here are some shows I have seen and everybody else should too:

The Americans
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Westworld
The Sopranos
The Wire
In The Flesh
Black Mirror
Mr Robot
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Outlander
Unreal
Incorporated
Master of None
Masters of Sex
Man in the High Castle
Stranger Things
The Good Wife (seasons 2 to 5)

These are the best shows on TV (I might have forgotten / missed a couple, but overall...). If you want shows that are intelligent, addictive, profound, interesting... pick a show and dive in!

One could go for a whole year having watched only The Americans and The Good Wife and be pretty happy. :yep:

However, for my taste, I would add Wolf Hall and Person of Interest as essential.
omg literally loads, i'm not much of a tv or film person at all :s-smilie:

game of thrones
the walking dead
breaking bad
vampire diaries
pretty little liars
friends
orange is the new black
skins (literally all of my firends have and i feel so left out)
stranger things

there are more but i can't think :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by NiamhM1801
omg literally loads, i'm not much of a tv or film person at all :s-smilie:

game of thrones
the walking dead
breaking bad
vampire diaries
pretty little liars
friends
orange is the new black
skins (literally all of my firends have and i feel so left out)
stranger things

there are more but i can't think :s-smilie:

I am not a TV person either! Never seen any of those shows, couple of friends episodes but that's it really :five:
Reply 15
Game of Thrones. I feel lazy to start it because of how long it has ran for!
Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead :biggrin:
Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, The Walking Dead, Friends, any American sitcom really (apart from It's Always Sunny)
The vampire dairies
13 reasons why?
Riverdale
Game of Thrones. I do instead to watch it, but since the final season is out in 2018 I may as well just wait for the blu-ray collection release and just binge watch.

I've fallen behind on The Walking Dead. I think it was half way through Season 6 that I stopped watching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending