The Student Room Group

Where would you want to spend your honeymoon?

Ideally for me and my partner, we'd go back to Iceland or maybe even go to Disneyworld but given our lack of funds and my hatred of flying, we've settled on a week in Edinburgh and the highlands, including a murder mystery weekend :colondollar:

Where would your ideal honeymoon location be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sheffield and Barnsley
Reply 2
What I really want: Malaysia or the Maldives

What I think will happen: Tesco meal for 1 at home watching "The Undateables"
Somewhere like Bora Bora, Maldives and Bali.
I went to Norway for mine and loved it. Only thing I'd change is that we spent only 5 days on the Hurtigruten cruise around the coast. I'd do the full 7 days if I could go again.
On the moon.
Original post by UWS
What I really want: Malaysia or the Maldives

What I think will happen: Tesco meal for 1 at home watching "The Undateables"

:rofl: In fairness, I'm married, but our elaborate plans to do cool things together end up like that all too often :p:
Thailand or a road trip to no specific destination...
hell
we're going to brussels for 5 days, no plane involved, good food and historical places :smile: A murder mystery weekend sounds fun :smile:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Ideally for me and my partner, we'd go back to Iceland or maybe even go to Disneyworld but given our lack of funds and my hatred of flying, we've settled on a week in Edinburgh and the highlands, including a murder mystery weekend :colondollar:

Where would your ideal honeymoon location be?
Reply 10
We did New York and Toronto. Tried to arrange Iceland on the way but it was fully booked. Good venues but a little bit predictable. NY just like TV. Still good though. Friend bought us a weekend in Edinburgh as a wedding present. Also excellent. Try comedy club, ghost tour, camera obscura and Witchery restaurant.
Reply 11
Original post by Craghyrax
:rofl: In fairness, I'm married, but our elaborate plans to do cool things together end up like that all too often :p:

The perks of a marriage I guess, cheaper dates (if that's what they're called) :lol:
Reply 12
Original post by Zarek
We did New York and Toronto. Tried to arrange Iceland on the way but it was fully booked. Good venues but a little bit predictable. NY just like TV. Still good though. Friend bought us a weekend in Edinburgh as a wedding present. Also excellent. Try comedy club, ghost tour, camera obscura and Witchery restaurant.

Wow those are great locations you visited :smile: I hope you get the chance to go to Iceland at some point, it's amazing country and I'm sure you'd like it :smile: yeah I've been to Camera Obscura and all the other popular Edinburgh tourist places lots of times but Camera Obscura is definitely my favourite. Did you try the Vortex tunnel?! :eek: never heard of the Witchery restaurant though so I'll be sure to check that out, thanks :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
we're going to brussels for 5 days, no plane involved, good food and historical places :smile: A murder mystery weekend sounds fun :smile:

Nice one :smile: for some reason I could have sworn it was Berlin you were going to :colondollar: are you going straight after the wedding or a few weeks/months after? We're not going until around Jan next year due to funds and then it'll tie in with our anniversary as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
The perks of a marriage I guess, cheaper dates (if that's what they're called) :lol:

True. Also there's someone who has an obligation to have sex with you :ninja: Lol... seriously though, it's easy to take a husband/wife/partner for granted. You have to remember to go out of your way to do things together.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Wow those are great locations you visited :smile: I hope you get the chance to go to Iceland at some point, it's amazing country and I'm sure you'd like it :smile: yeah I've been to Camera Obscura and all the other popular Edinburgh tourist places lots of times but Camera Obscura is definitely my favourite. Did you try the Vortex tunnel?! :eek: never heard of the Witchery restaurant though so I'll be sure to check that out, thanks :smile:

Nice one :smile: for some reason I could have sworn it was Berlin you were going to :colondollar: are you going straight after the wedding or a few weeks/months after? We're not going until around Jan next year due to funds and then it'll tie in with our anniversary as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, we just decided it was a bit too pricey so we thought we;d go for Brussels which is a bit cheaper and we can see the European parliament buildings whilst we're still in it:P we're going the day after the wedding, won't get there till the evening so will probably go straight to sleep once we're there. I suppose you'll get two anniversaries a year then, your dating one and your wedding one, i have always wanted to see edinburgh looks like a lovely city :smile:
That sounds awesome :smile:

Honeymoon is a long way off but our dream trip would be some sort of physically active tour somewhere mountainous and cool. A combination of cycling/walking/kayaking would probably be idea.
I have no idea if I will ever get married but I'd love to go on like a backpacking type of honeymoon across the world.
Turtle Island, Fiji :love: It's where they filmed one of my favourite movies, and it's said to be one of the most romantic islands ever.
We went to Marrakech, which was amazing. We'll probably do something a bit more dramatic when we hit the ten year mark though.
Reply 19
Disney world, which is where we're going :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending