The Student Room Group

17 year old girl looking like a 12 year old boy

this is such a first world problem but bear with me

I literally have the body of a 12 year old boy, and I'm stuck in a town full of curvy girls. Not only do I get a ton of jokes thrown my way by people my age, but I'm also taunted occasionally by my family. Because I'm mixed, its kind of expected of me to have somewhat of a hip and some booty. But I literally have 0. With no money, I tried squats and other exercises with light dumbbells for like 3 months at home instead of the gym but because my Achilles are so short, I can't really get low enough to do anything. I'm starting to accept myself but are there other people out there who would accept me? Do some of y'all actually prefer more petite girls?

Obviously you shouldn't care about other people's thoughts too much, but I don't wanna be lonely and get taunted at forever!!

help a gal that looks like a lad out, lads
Get over yourself and accept yourself for who you are? So what if some moron wants to call you whatever? Move out to somewhere more accepting.
Reply 2
Disappointing thread, I expected a pedophile getting catfished.
Reply 3
Original post by Glassapple
Get over yourself and accept yourself for who you are? So what if some moron wants to call you whatever? Move out to somewhere more accepting.

it's easy to say that when you dont experience it yourself. it's a lot harder to do when the people you care about and those who supposedly care about you like to point it out at family gatherings, or social situations.
Reply 4
Original post by h3rmit

lmao, sorry to disappoint
Original post by h3rmit

The irony tho

Why is your online presence so nasty? Seen you on a few threads and you're always so confrontational. Try to be slightly nicer to those around you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cave Felem
Why is your online presence so nasty? Seen you on a few threads and you're always so confrontational. Try to be slightly nicer to those around you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's because I realise that being socially awkward and/or niave is for idiots. Nobody else really cares about how you felt when whoever said whatever silly thing to you, neither should you.
Reply 8
It's because I realise that being socially awkward and/or niave is for idiots. Nobody else really cares about how you felt when whoever said whatever silly thing to you, neither should you.

okay but there's nothing wrong with having a little bit of empathy for others. Body image issues can be very harmful, whether you believe so or not. If you didn't care, I'd rather you have just written nothing, since showing me that you 'don't care' isn't helpful nor wanted.
Plenty of well-known beautiful women have petite bodies? Natalie Portman, Emma Stone, Kiera Knightly?

Just because you aren't voluptuous, doesn't mean you can't be attractive. I can think of plenty of slender girls who have no trouble getting attention!

Most of your issues are psychological, accept yourself, become confident and you'll notice a significant difference in your life.
Original post by basicallykaya
this is such a first world problem but bear with me

I literally have the body of a 12 year old boy, and I'm stuck in a town full of curvy girls. Not only do I get a ton of jokes thrown my way by people my age, but I'm also taunted occasionally by my family. Because I'm mixed, its kind of expected of me to have somewhat of a hip and some booty. But I literally have 0. With no money, I tried squats and other exercises with light dumbbells for like 3 months at home instead of the gym but because my Achilles are so short, I can't really get low enough to do anything. I'm starting to accept myself but are there other people out there who would accept me? Do some of y'all actually prefer more petite girls?

Obviously you shouldn't care about other people's thoughts too much, but I don't wanna be lonely and get taunted at forever!!

help a gal that looks like a lad out, lads

There are a lot of people finding petite girls more attractive.
Its just a matter of confidence I think. And if you really wanted to change something you could without doing basic made public over the internet exercises.
For example just running regularly will strengthen your lower body a lot making any sort of lower body exercise more doable which then gives you the chance of overcoming your limits in that area which potentially resolve your problem.

It is the same with anybody else you cant expect to jump into exercises and get results because they are mostly only effective after a long period of intense work.
So slowly start building a foundation and then increase the quantity and insensitivity.

another thing that could help is diet and the regularity of the diet eating a lot doesnt help most of the time.You need to pick the correct foods with the correct nutrinets for your goal.

Hope this helps you.
P.s You should try to love yourself first maybe that will help. !!!! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest