The Student Room Group

LSE Accounting and Finance!

-Has anyone got an offer yet?
-If yes what was your predicted/GCSE and when did you apply?
-If not then what week are you in

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

haven't gotten a reply yet from lse
Reply 2
in my 6th/8th week
Reply 3
Rejected as Maths, Further Maths and Economics as well as an EPQ are "too narrow" subject combination for A&F even though a friend of mine got into Econ with the same combinations at LSE. I got the rejection 2 weeks ago.
Reply 4
I'm still waiting for a reply. I got the 8 week email on Monday. I applied on the 6th of Jan.
Reply 5
finished the 8 weeks then they said last week wait another 4 weeks for 'further consideration'
Original post by Nirm
Rejected as Maths, Further Maths and Economics as well as an EPQ are "too narrow" subject combination for A&F even though a friend of mine got into Econ with the same combinations at LSE. I got the rejection 2 weeks ago.

Your friend probably got into maths + econ. Econ doesnt accept that combination either.

You should have done your research, LSE have always made it clear that f.maths is a 4th subject for A&F.
Reply 7
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
Your friend probably got into maths + econ. Econ doesnt accept that combination either.

You should have done your research, LSE have always made it clear that f.maths is a 4th subject for A&F.

Nope he is in for straight Economics. I thought I would be in the clear just about, guess I should have dropped Further Maths and kept physics lol.
Original post by Nirm
Nope he is in for straight Economics. I thought I would be in the clear just about, guess I should have dropped Further Maths and kept physics lol.

Your friend is a liar then.
Reply 9
Your friend is a liar then.

Is LSE that strict? I am pretty sure he did them, I was in all of his classes during college. I never knew they saw further maths that way. Woops :colondollar:. Probably stood more of a chance applying to UCL.
Original post by Nirm
Is LSE that strict? I am pretty sure he did them, I was in all of his classes during college. I never knew they saw further maths that way. Woops :colondollar:. Probably stood more of a chance applying to UCL.

Yes, they don't even consider people with maths further maths and one other subject at a level. He could have gotten into maths + econ but not pure econ.

Tbf, for the A&F course further maths a level is only seen as less competitive. Regardless for such a competitive course you cant slack anywhere on your application.
Reply 11
Yes, they don't even consider people with maths further maths and one other subject at a level. He could have gotten into maths + econ but not pure econ.

Tbf, for the A&F course further maths a level is only seen as less competitive. Regardless for such a competitive course you cant slack anywhere on your application.

You think Bristol and Wrwick are the same in regards to subject combos or just LSE? As I did get offers from them somehow.
Original post by Nirm
You think Bristol and Wrwick are the same in regards to subject combos or just LSE? As I did get offers from them somehow.

No, it's only LSE. They're concerned with a lack of "diversity" with your subjects when taking 3 a levels that include f maths.
Reply 13

This is what it says on the LSE website with regards to A&F: "A programme where a combination of Maths, Further Maths and one other subject may be considered less competitive"

It doesn't say it outright will reject you for simply having that combination, so it does leave possibility for his friend getting in with that combination, but it definitely can disadvantage you
Original post by rolaah
This is what it says on the LSE website with regards to A&F: "A programme where a combination of Maths, Further Maths and one other subject may be considered less competitive"

It doesn't say it outright will reject you for simply having that combination, so it does leave possibility for his friend getting in with that combination, but it definitely can disadvantage you

His friend applied for pure economics not A&F.

Even with A&F you'd have to be really brave to apply to such an uber competitive place like LSE and do subjects that they've explicitly said was less competitive.
Reply 15
His friend applied for pure economics not A&F.

Even with A&F you'd have to be really brave to apply to such an uber competitive place like LSE and do subjects that they've explicitly said was less competitive.

Oh fair, sorry I didn't even read that properly! I do agree, it is bold to apply if that is the case.

I'm also worried about my subject combo though. I'm doing Politics, German and Spanish to A2 and did History to AS and am applying for IR. There isn't any maths requirement and I did do well at AS, but am worried that doing 2 languages may put me down? What do you think?
Original post by rolaah
Oh fair, sorry I didn't even read that properly! I do agree, it is bold to apply if that is the case.

I'm also worried about my subject combo though. I'm doing Politics, German and Spanish to A2 and did History to AS and am applying for IR. There isn't any maths requirement and I did do well at AS, but am worried that doing 2 languages may put me down? What do you think?

The IR course from what my mates have said is a lot of history, economics, sociology that sort of thing. Politics is good but admittedly I think whilst one language would be nice, two may be over the top. Lucky for you though that LSE are really heavy on PS. If you can successfully demonstrate an interest in the discipline then I do not see why you dont have a chance.

https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/international-relations-bsc-hons/london-school-of-economics-and-political-science-university-of-london/cd/54987332/5884/

-Here you can see the most common subject choices.
Reply 17
The IR course from what my mates have said is a lot of history, economics, sociology that sort of thing. Politics is good but admittedly I think whilst one language would be nice, two may be over the top. Lucky for you though that LSE are really heavy on PS. If you can successfully demonstrate an interest in the discipline then I do not see why you dont have a chance.

https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/international-relations-bsc-hons/london-school-of-economics-and-political-science-university-of-london/cd/54987332/5884/

-Here you can see the most common subject choices.

Yeah I don't think my chances are all that great - my PS is kinda shite now I look back at it and my subject choices probs weren't the best...also on my 4th week out of 4 on gathered field lol
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

got an offer with AAA predictions
Original post by sfinesse
got an offer with AAA predictions

Congrats, may I ask when you applied and with what GCSE grades and with what A-level subjects? Also, did you have lots of work experience in your PS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending