The Student Room Group

University of Amsterdam Applicants 2017

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if there's anyone applying to the University of Amsterdam this year? I applied for Bachelor's Programme in Political Science and might also apply for European Studies. I sent my application for Political Science late November but haven't heard anything yet... And I'm from Finland btw!

Hope to hear from you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I'm Italian but I live in the UK and I've applied to Amsterdam for Political Science, too. Did you apply for the course in English? Because I found out that it's the first year they teach it in English and I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.
Reply 2
Just sent out my application for Communication Science at UvA! The admission process takes around 6-8 weeks so I'd say you should receive a reply soon :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by letilibu
Hello! I'm Italian but I live in the UK and I've applied to Amsterdam for Political Science, too. Did you apply for the course in English? Because I found out that it's the first year they teach it in English and I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.

That's nice! :smile: Yes I applied for the course in English because I don't speak any Dutch (yet). I found out that too and have exactly the same feelings! It's interesting to "start something new" but I'm also a bit worried whether it is a good or a bad thing.
Reply 4
Original post by christy_s
Just sent out my application for Communication Science at UvA! The admission process takes around 6-8 weeks so I'd say you should receive a reply soon :smile:

Thank you! I hope I'll get a reply soon then. :smile: Good luck with your application too!
Reply 5
Hi everyone! I applied to Social Sciences research master's. Has anyone applied for that as well? I have zero insight on how long does it take to get a reply from them or any experiences. Does anyone know anything?

Any information would be appreciated greatly. Thanks guys!
Reply 6
Hi guys!
I've just recieved an offer for literary studies and was wondering if anyone else had applied for that course. Thanks x
I am taking a GAP year and therefore an open minded on where to study political science. Has anyone visited and what is the feedback? Will this degree have much weight now that brexit is upon us? Is Amsterdam expensive for living costs?Rubbish at languages but does that really matter? How many drop out? Do degrees run over the same academic period to UK - e.g. 3 yrs sept - june?
Original post by miggles99
Hi guys!
I've just recieved an offer for literary studies and was wondering if anyone else had applied for that course. Thanks x

I've applied for Linguistics and still haven't got an offer! How long after you sent it off did you get an offer? And how did you get notified? x
Hi guys!

congrats 🎉
I applied it but haven't received an offer. How long did it take for you to receive an offer?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I've applied for Linguistics and still haven't got an offer! How long after you sent it off did you get an offer? And how did you get notified? x

i applied 15 November but the 6 week period went through Christmas so they were a bit slower and I heard the last week of January x
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
congrats 🎉
I applied it but haven't received an offer. How long did it take for you to receive an offer?

it took me about 8 weeks, but that's including the break the staff went on throughout the Christmas hols x
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

myinfo email you telling you that you have an offer, but they never told me what grades i needed to get; just that i needed three a levels which was weird
myinfo email you telling you that you have an offer, but they never told me what grades i needed to get; just that i needed three a levels which was weird

They said I needed to get above A*-C grades and I was in.
Reply 14
I applied for BSc Business Administration and got conditionally accepted! Just need my A-Level grades to be A*-C :smile: However, they want me to send in my documents like my statement of results and such before August so I don't know how that'll work out :/.
Reply 15
I'm a bit confused about the UvA Matching. They sent me an email that I have been registered to do it in May/June. Does that mean I get my application decision after that? I don't want to wait that long. :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by andrea.
Hi everyone! I applied to Social Sciences research master's. Has anyone applied for that as well? I have zero insight on how long does it take to get a reply from them or any experiences. Does anyone know anything?

Any information would be appreciated greatly. Thanks guys!

Hi! I have also applied for Social Sciences- Sociology Masters Fall 2017. I applied in late December, I am US citizen and still have not heard anything from them. I am nervous I may not hear before May (In U.S. many universities want to know your acceptance or deferral by April 15th) Have you heard any new information? Good luck as well! I hope everyone applying can get in!
Reply 17
Original post by krmarano
Hi! I have also applied for Social Sciences- Sociology Masters Fall 2017. I applied in late December, I am US citizen and still have not heard anything from them. I am nervous I may not hear before May (In U.S. many universities want to know your acceptance or deferral by April 15th) Have you heard any new information? Good luck as well! I hope everyone applying can get in!

Hey! So I e-mailed them and they didn't mention any deadlines or dates when it comes to their replies so I'm as concerned as you are. I heard about some unofficial rules that if you apply by end of january you'll hear back by end of february and so but I'm not sure if thats how it actually works and if it does you seem to be in the grey zone of holidays with the date of your application. Only reply I got from them is - We will contact you as soon as we will be able to. We kindly ask of you to be patient.
You also applied for research programme?

I'm really sorry that I can't help you any more than this.
Reply 18
Hey Andrea!

Thanks for getting back to me. I have applied for my Masters in Sociology (focus on religion, gender, and sexuality) and listed social problems as my second area of interest). I am really hoping to hear back from them soon. Seems like we are in the same situation :/ What did you apply for? Either way hope we both hear back soon!

Kristie
Reply 19
Original post by krmarano
Hey Andrea!

Thanks for getting back to me. I have applied for my Masters in Sociology (focus on religion, gender, and sexuality) and listed social problems as my second area of interest). I am really hoping to hear back from them soon. Seems like we are in the same situation :/ What did you apply for? Either way hope we both hear back soon!

Kristie

Hi Kristie!

I applied for research master's in social sciences with specialization in sociology. I tend towards cultural sociology so track in sources of inequalities would be my choice.

We are deffinitely in the same situation and it is so stressful.

Yes, good luck to both of us :smile:

Andrea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending