The Student Room Group

Competitive application for LSE, UCL, Warwick Economics Bsc

lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by James_1999
Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and was wondering if this was a competitive application for the universities above?
GCSEs: 9A*s 1A
A-levels: Maths, Physics, Economics
AS levels: EPQ related to economics subject, AS further maths in year 13 as the usual college procedure is to only take 3 subjects and it was too late to start when I saw the high relevance of FM.
Predicted Maths A*, Physics A*, Economics A/A*, Further maths A, EPQ A*.
Excellent references from teachers.
Extra-curricular/ activities: Young enterprise in partnership with PWC, Student investor, NCS, HE+ programme, UKMT team challenge in high school, Maths premiership at college, read economics books. Hoping to get relevant work experience by the summer.

I went to high school with very poor GCSE results in a deprived area.

Cheers for the replies.

I'd say you have as good a chance as anyone really couldn't say anymore than that as generally the unis your looking at place high emphasis on the personal statement being that they don't interview for econ. Your grades are certainly good enough but many people's are. Your chances are probably improved by taking AS further maths though. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.
Reply 2
Original post by Maceyf
I'd say you have as good a chance as anyone really couldn't say anymore than that as generally the unis your looking at place high emphasis on the personal statement being that they don't interview for econ. Your grades are certainly good enough but many people's are. Your chances are probably improved by taking AS further maths though. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.
thanks, will I still have a chance at LSE without the whole a level in FM and only 3 full A levels though? and is there anything else I can do to improve my application?
(edited 7 years ago)
thanks, will I still have a chance at LSE without the whole a level though and is there anything else I can do to improve my application?

LSE is UCL with a bit more prestige and a lot less fun

But you're good fam
Original post by JohnGreek
I like my assertions raw, thanks

We both know where the hotties are, don't lie
Reply 5
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
LSE is UCL with a bit more prestige and a lot less fun

But you're good fam
so I still have a good chance?
so I still have a good chance?

Yes man, Jesus. You'd have a good chance at Oxford medicine for crying out loud (if you were doing the right subjects at A Level).
Reply 7
Yes man, Jesus. You'd have a good chance at Oxford medicine for crying out loud (if you were doing the right subjects at A Level).
oh right, thanks, do you go to uni and if so, where, what course and what a level results did you get?
Original post by JohnGreek
King's?

I thought this was between UCL and LSE - fine.

Well you can find many more at Brunel and London Met
oh right, thanks, do you go to uni and if so, where, what course and what a level results did you get?

Medical applicant, went to UCL, Lancaster and Imperial interviews. Had AAAA at AS

Genuine question, why don't you apply to Oxbridge?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Medical applicant, went to UCL, Lancaster and Imperial interviews. Had AAAA at AS
Wow good results, have you dropped to 3 a levels or stuck with 4? To answer your question on Oxbridge I don't want to do E&M which is what Oxford do and I don't think I'd stand a chance at Cambridge. Also they would probably want to see my FM grade and UMS but as I'm doing it next year they won't be able to see it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow good results, have you dropped to 3 a levels or stuck with 4?

Three
Wow good results, have you dropped to 3 a levels or stuck with 4? To answer your question on Oxbridge I don't want to do E&M which is what Oxford do and I don't think I'd stand a chance at Cambridge.

Well, you might as well as Cambridge to UCL, LSE and Warwick and put in less decent uni and try. I'm pretty certain you'd get 2 out of UCL/LSE/Warwick
Reply 13
Well, you might as well as Cambridge to UCL, LSE and Warwick and put in less decent uni and try. I'm pretty certain you'd get 2 out of UCL/LSE/Warwick

Have you received any offers yet?
Have you received offer yet?

Nope, likely find out next month
Reply 15
Nope, likely find out next month

Good luck 👍 and what GCSEs did you get. Also, my college doesn't enter students for AS exams so the unis will not have any proof so will this be a disadvantage when applying?
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck 👍 and what GCSEs did you get

9A* 2A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending