The Student Room Group

Not sure when and where to send info. [Sorry, lots of questions].

My son has been given a conditional offer for year two entry to Social Care at Man Met. All his other unis are still considering his application. On the offer letter/ email it says; This offer is subject to you obtaining; Pass in HND Health and Social Care, and verification of BTEC Extended Diploma. Plus Receipt of satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service Certificate. That's all fairly self explanatory. But then at the end, after the bit about if your permanent address is not in the UK [which it is], it says " Send evidence to admissions@mmu etc. Underneath it says, " Please send copies of your results to adm.healthandsocialcare etc. My questions are; when it says send evidence to admissions, do they just want the BTEC Extended Diploma certificate and maybe the transcript and his DBS Certificate , and you send them to them via email? Also, when it says " Please send copies of your results to adm.healthandsocialcare etc, do they mean the HND result when it comes through in June? Also, are they expecting him to send what he is able to now? Are they waiting for them now, or will they know not to expect them until he has heard back from the other unis he has applied to? If he sends these details to Man Met will they take that to mean he is going to accept an offer with them? Does he ignore all this for the next few weeks until he hears back from all five choices, and then send the uni he wants to go to the details, or is it best to send every uni the same info, as and when they all [if any more do] ask for it? Sorry this is so long. Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by markova21
My son has been given a conditional offer for year two entry to Social Care at Man Met. All his other unis are still considering his application. On the offer letter/ email it says; This offer is subject to you obtaining; Pass in HND Health and Social Care, and verification of BTEC Extended Diploma. Plus Receipt of satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service Certificate. That's all fairly self explanatory. But then at the end, after the bit about if your permanent address is not in the UK [which it is], it says " Send evidence to admissions@mmu etc. Underneath it says, " Please send copies of your results to adm.healthandsocialcare etc. My questions are; when it says send evidence to admissions, do they just want the BTEC Extended Diploma certificate and maybe the transcript and his DBS Certificate , and you send them to them via email? Also, when it says " Please send copies of your results to adm.healthandsocialcare etc, do they mean the HND result when it comes through in June? Also, are they expecting him to send what he is able to now? Are they waiting for them now, or will they know not to expect them until he has heard back from the other unis he has applied to? If he sends these details to Man Met will they take that to mean he is going to accept an offer with them? Does he ignore all this for the next few weeks until he hears back from all five choices, and then send the uni he wants to go to the details, or is it best to send every uni the same info, as and when they all [if any more do] ask for it? Sorry this is so long. Thanks.

I'm afraid we have no way of knowing. The Man Met Admissions Office will be happy to have your son ring them and ask for clarification, rather than have him guess, get it wrong and cause them more work.

Much safer than asking the internet as well.

You really should ring the uni, you need to be certain of what you need to do.

However in my limited experience, you only need to send different universities what they ask for specifically - many do different checks at different points in the application cycle. Good luck to him! :smile: xx
Reply 3
Original post by katie_anne
You really should ring the uni, you need to be certain of what you need to do.

However in my limited experience, you only need to send different universities what they ask for specifically - many do different checks at different points in the application cycle. Good luck to him! :smile: xx

Thank you. I'll phone them tomorrow while my son's at college.
Thank you. I'll phone them tomorrow while my son's at college.

Some universities could refuse to speak to you without your sons permission, just so you re aware.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Some universities could refuse to speak to you without your sons permission, just so you re aware.

Thanks Claire. I know on the UCAS form my name was put down as someone to contact if my son was unavailable. Don't know if this would also apply to each individual uni as well though, just because it's on the actual UCAS form.
Thanks Claire. I know on the UCAS form my name was put down as someone to contact if my son was unavailable. Don't know if this would also apply to each individual uni as well though, just because it's on the actual UCAS form.

I think the unavailability is only for circumstances where they re in hospital or something similar, not for when they aren't at home. You can try but some universities will be apprehensive of students who don't make a simple query themselves
Reply 7
My son was given a Conditional offer from Ulster Uni tonight for year two entry. It says "Subject to you obtaining HND [120 credits] with overall Merit to include Level 5 credits at Distinction." Their website however says if you want to be considered entry with a HND you should have a minimum of 2 Distinctions 2 Merits and 4 Passes, so slightly different information.
Reply 8
My son was given a Conditional offer from Ulster Uni tonight for year two entry. It says "Subject to you obtaining HND [120 credits] with overall Merit to include Level 5 credits at Distinction." Their website however says if you want to be considered entry with a HND you should have a minimum of 2 Distinctions 2 Merits and 4 Passes, so slightly different information.

The letter of offer is what counts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

The website gives the minimum possible offer - it doesn't say that every applicant will be given that offer.

Your son has been given an offer which is above the minimum. You can infer pretty much anything from that, but only the uni will know the reason. My guess is that your son is an acceptable candidate, but the uni has some reservations which mean he has something to prove to them by getting more than the minimum grades.
Reply 10
Original post by Klix88
The website gives the minimum possible offer - it doesn't say that every applicant will be given that offer.

Your son has been given an offer which is above the minimum. You can infer pretty much anything from that, but only the uni will know the reason. My guess is that your son is an acceptable candidate, but the uni has some reservations which mean he has something to prove to them by getting more than the minimum grades.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder if it is to do with the fact he didn't do especially brilliantly during the first year, only obtaining 5 Merits and 3 Passes? [ He had poor attendance last year and had a few personal problems,] Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending