The Student Room Group

Aldi experience day

Hey, I've been invited to an Aldi experience day for 2 hours next week, had an interview already but been called to come in and take part in the next stage of the recruitment process. Just wondering if anyone has done one of these before? What should I wear and what sort of tasks will I be doing during the 2 hours? Any help appreciated. (I'm new to TSR so not sure if I've posted this in the right place, please point me in the right direction if not:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey mate.

I just got offered a job at Aldi as a store assistant. I went to a Aldi experience this Monday and it's really ok.

About 30 minutes was spent doing health and safety stuff, nothing too interesting. We also had to talk a little about ourselves (there were 2 others doing their Aldi experience with me), but it was a really nice atmosphere, nice and chilled out. We were then given a tour of the store, shown how to use pallet trucks and the bailer which you may or may not use. Then I was put with a member of staff and I helped do around 30-40 minutes of produce which is just putting the fruit and veg stock out. We then went back in the staff room and wrote down uniform sizes etc.

It's honestly nothing to worry about; if you've made it this far you've probably got the job. :tongue:

In terms of what to wear, try and wear smart shoes and trousers and maybe a polo shirt or shirt. Remember you will be putting stock out so make sure to wear something comfortable. :P
Hey I've just done mine on Monday it's now Friday. They said the manager was away u till the Wednesday just gone, how long did they take to email or replied telling you if you had the job or not? Mine was the exact same as your Aldi store experience
Reply 3
Stay away from this bodge job of a company who gives you a Math's test at every possible stage of the interview process.. (This Dosent tell you about a person Wether they are suitable for a position in store)an interview process from the 80's.. My experience was with a foreign guy with yellow trainers who copied what I did & got through- I have 14 years management experience + 6 years logistics experience and currently look after half a cash & carry on my own- Without sounding bitter (& boring you) I recommend you to stay away from this Company unless you want to work with a bunch of amatuers punching above their weight..
Hello did they contact you after?? Did u get offered the job I'm still waiting they said they would call within one week it's a week today and still not heard anything??
You're probably not gonna see this! But I went to an Experience Day at Aldi on Monday and it seemed to go okay and they said they would get back to me in a few days but it's now Sunday and they haven't emailed, is this normal?? Can you remember how long it took for them to email you?
Original post by sarah13marsh
Hello did they contact you after?? Did u get offered the job I'm still waiting they said they would call within one week it's a week today and still not heard anything??

I'm in exactly the same boat! Have they contacted you yet? It'll be a week since my trial tomorrow and they still haven't emailed me :frown:
yea I got a email yesterday saying unfortunately I did it make it lol gud luck
Yea I went to 1 on Wednesday to they took 2weeks to send me email saying no lol
yea I got a email yesterday saying unfortunately I did it make it lol gud luck

Oh god! What a joke! How did your trial go? They have led me to believe i pretty much got the job but it's not looking good if they haven't emailed me yet! But thank you :smile:
Yea same I fault I would definitely get the job went really well mayb u might be lucky
Did u apply for Kingston
Did u apply for Kingston

Noo one in Warrington! Did they tell you they would be in touch in a few days after your trial? I don't have much luck so I doubt it haha :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by lucyjayne10
You're probably not gonna see this! But I went to an Experience Day at Aldi on Monday and it seemed to go okay and they said they would get back to me in a few days but it's now Sunday and they haven't emailed, is this normal?? Can you remember how long it took for them to email you?

Hi there, Don't mean to come across a bit harsh but if they really wanted you & you were at the top of there list you would find out next day- Don't let them offer it to others then offer it to you.. Turn it down now it's got this far.. There's better jobs & your better than playing second fiddle..
Reply 14

Move on, your better than playing second fiddle to this bodge of a company.. If they wanted you you would have heard straight away.. Don't let them offer to others then take you on cause they didn't want job.. Your better than this..
Original post by Ady15
Move on, your better than playing second fiddle to this bodge of a company.. If they wanted you you would have heard straight away.. Don't let them offer to others then take you on cause they didn't want job.. Your better than this..

That's what I thought :frown: but there was only 2 of us on the trial and they made out that we had pretty much got the job... I don't know what to do
I did mine yesterday and went well I worked with aldi 27 years ago and loved it .. it's changed slot but still love it I was bit rusty as I've been out of retail for 25 years do I'm still waiting btw I'm 50 lol
I applied 16 weeks ago in the last 3 weeks I passed stage 1 and stage 2 with the test and area manager interview then the week later did the experience. Today didn't get it
Reply 18
Original post by Whosenext
I applied 16 weeks ago in the last 3 weeks I passed stage 1 and stage 2 with the test and area manager interview then the week later did the experience. Today didn't get it

I applied to ALDI yesterday and got an email saying we have processed your application and will contact you shortly when we find a suitable job for your requirements listed on application so is that successful or unsuccessful it isn't very clear ??
How long did it take them to get back to you to tell you, you had the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending