The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
does king's look at ukcat/academics/personal statement post-interview? or is it only your interview performance that is looked at? how about the SJT section, because some other universities look at it at interview stage.
thanks in advance
Original post by 11...
does king's look at ukcat/academics/personal statement post-interview? or is it only your interview performance that is looked at? how about the SJT section, because some other universities look at it at interview stage.
thanks in advance

Yes they look at you holistically. Have a look through this thread someone showed the email. We've debated it quite a bit :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1782
Original post by Pantego
Yes they look at you holistically. Have a look through this thread someone showed the email. We've debated it quite a bit :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that they look at you holistically before giving you an interview. But once you get an interview, do they not take on board your academics/ukcat? will it be how well you did in the interview to get you that offer?
Original post by 11...
I understand that they look at you holistically before giving you an interview. But once you get an interview, do they not take on board your academics/ukcat? will it be how well you did in the interview?

He's on about the decision post-interview. It's your interview score and the application as a whole this year.
Original post by Fleuves
Well done to everybody who have received interviews. The wait continues for me ><

Wouldn't be too worried tbh. They're known for keeping good candidates waiting until the end. As long as your BMAT/GCSE combo isn't too low.
How is everyone preparing for MMI? King's is my only MMI, so I'm quite confused on how to prepare...
Original post by mithi98
How is everyone preparing for MMI? King's is my only MMI, so I'm quite confused on how to prepare...

I've done panel and mmi and they're honestly pretty similar just organised differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
I've done panel and mmi and they're honestly pretty similar just organised differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Your preparation should be the same. Questions will just be asked by different people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plutojupitermars
I agree. Your preparation should be the same. Questions will just be asked by different people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm are you sure? Ive had mmis and as expected theyre sort of more scenario based. I thought panel interviews(which I havent had yet) would be more personal and focused on your ps.
Original post by cookiemunch12
Hmm are you sure? Ive had mmis and as expected theyre sort of more scenario based. I thought panel interviews(which I havent had yet) would be more personal and focused on your ps.

I've had panel interveiws which have a lot of scenarios too.
Although, I do agree that mmi do not use your personal statement as a basis for questions. But the questions they ask are designed for you to bring in the experience from your personal statement and beyond.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookiemunch12

Cover the basics and prepare for thinking on the spot. Get a friend or teacher to ask you quite abstract questions to get you into it. All MMIs are designed to test your ability to think critically without preparation so for me, this practice is a prerequisite.
Original post by studentsixth
Wouldn't be too worried tbh. They're known for keeping good candidates waiting until the end. As long as your BMAT/GCSE combo isn't too low.

King's don't require the BMAT- just the UKCAT
Does anyone know roughly when they should start sending out their offers? I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned and I've just missed it
Original post by OnceUponADoc
King's don't require the BMAT- just the UKCAT

I meant UKCAT
Original post by spacedoc98
Does anyone know roughly when they should start sending out their offers? I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned and I've just missed it

Nobody knows but probably after a couple of weeks. :smile:
Original post by StationToStation

Ohh ok, thank you! It's been ages haha, getting kind of nervous now
Original post by StationToStation

Probably more like 6 weeks :tongue: think they said in march?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spacedoc98

At my interview someone said something about two weeks (I don't really remember it was all a bit of a blur) but it's been almost 4 weeks since mine so maybe not.

On here a lot of people are saying March and that's what my friend says he was told at his interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
Probably more like 6 weeks :tongue: think they said in march?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be, although they might just say that to keep people from bombarding them with questions if they haven't heard sooner :biggrin:
Original post by DibbyDabby
At my interview someone said something about two weeks (I don't really remember it was all a bit of a blur) but it's been almost 4 weeks since mine so maybe not.

On here a lot of people are saying March and that's what my friend says he was told at his interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think almost every uni does this. Some say a few weeks while others say until the deadline in march. And when they actually give offers put varies each year so... keep spamming that refresh button :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending